What is the cheapest way to make calls everyday back home??

carolinacowgirl

If you want to use a cell phone, call up your provider and ask that you will like to use it international and will like to know the rates

You could also try to use a payphone too. Using the ship telephone is very very costly

When you get to your cabin, check the info book in there and see prices for calls from the cabin. Some ships have great deals as low as 99 cents/minute, but that's only on select ships.

If you havea smartphone, defintely inquire through your provider about purchasing an international plan for the month your cruise is in. Make sure they are upfront about cost for the calls/roaming/data.

When you get to your cabin, check the info book in there and see prices for calls from the cabin. Some ships have great deals as low as 99 cents/minute, but that's only on select ships.

If you havea smartphone, defintely inquire through your provider about purchasing an international plan for the month your cruise is in. Make sure they are upfront about cost for the calls/roaming/data.

Are those trials still going where they tried out the cheaper rates?? I saw 99 cents and $2.99 both once each, but its been a while. Didnt know if they are still doing it.

I know you may miss them-- but consider the people watching your children.

I had my niece with me for the week=- On Wednesday she talked to her mom- she was not the same all week- was rather homesick etc. etc.

It was very painful for me watching her

This is not like calling on phone and hearing their voice but, if kids are old enough to use internet, you can set up an account on the forum boards on Carnival web site before you leave home. Once onboard ship you can use computers for free as long as it is the free Carnival web site. You will be able to post and people back home can also post if they know what your board name is.

Are those trials still going where they tried out the cheaper rates?? I saw 99 cents and $2.99 both once each, but its been a while. Didnt know if they are still doing it.

a year ago on Legend it was $1.99 A few weeks ago someone posted on a thread that they were on a ship with 99 cents, so it seems to be hit and miss.

a year ago on Legend it was $1.99 A few weeks ago someone posted on a thread that they were on a ship with 99 cents, so it seems to be hit and miss.

And last month on the Ecstasy it was $1.99 so those special rates on some ships are still out there.

Earlier this month, we used the carnival Currently on board site. My 8-yr old learned how to write me back and each day we sent messages. All 3 of our kids wrote us and we'd share what we were doing each day without the worries of the cost. It was free.

I know you may miss them-- but consider the people watching your children.

I had my niece with me for the week=- On Wednesday she talked to her mom- she was not the same all week- was rather homesick etc. etc.

It was very painful for me watching her

It's true..... We went on our first cruise when my twins were 5. It was like they missed us as soon as they heard our voices. :(

The cheapest way to stay in touch is to text 5cent to send 50cent to recieve my wife does that for work , its quick and easy , just dont do a picture message , those are expensive:eek::eek: her employees sent her picture of them dressed for halloween once and without thinking she opened it it was $10 bucks :mad:

We sent emails. We bought the cheapest online internet package and would go on just to check for the boys' messages. Some days we would check and recheck because my oldest(13) was too busy helping grandpa to email.

Also in case you haven't thought of it,give whoever is watching your kids,authority to get them medical care and whatever else is needed. We found a form online,filled it out and on our doctor's advice had it notorized. The boys were in another state with my parents so they would not be using our doctor.

The cheapest way to stay in touch is to text 5cent to send 50cent to recieve my wife does that for work , its quick and easy , just dont do a picture message , those are expensive:eek::eek: her employees sent her picture of them dressed for halloween once and without thinking she opened it it was $10 bucks :mad:

You'd still need to get a temp international plan, depending upon your provider.

"" you can set up an account on the forum boards on Carnival web site before you leave home. Once onboard ship you can use computers for free as long as it is the free Carnival web site. You will be able to post and people back home can also post if they know what your board name is"

:confused: So may I ask, We will be on the Triumph in 2 weeks. We can just go to the Internet Cafe and tell them we only want to use the Carnival Website? I have a 17 year old who is freaking out over not communicating with the boyfriend :eek:

"" you can set up an account on the forum boards on Carnival web site before you leave home. Once onboard ship you can use computers for free as long as it is the free Carnival web site. You will be able to post and people back home can also post if they know what your board name is"

:confused: So may I ask, We will be on the Triumph in 2 weeks. We can just go to the Internet Cafe and tell them we only want to use the Carnival Website? I have a 17 year old who is freaking out over not communicating with the boyfriend :eek:

the carnival forums is public like these forums. So will be careful what you post on any forums while away

Well, emailing isnt an option for us because my son is only 4 and my mom who will be watching him doesnt know how to use a computer. So I hope that it isnt super expensive to make calls.

Did I read correctly that is cost $10 per MINUTE if someone from the States calls your cabin phone?

Archived