PetitIon RCCL-On Board Alcohol Package Fleet Wide

monza

Need everyone who reads to this to reply with a yes.

Royal Caribbean has introduced an on board alcohol package on three ships. Its not cheap but its cheaper than bar charges if you indulge more than a couple of drinks a day.

Its a good deal for those clients that would like a more reasonable costing of their drinks, and

It'sgood for Royal Caribbean as it provides a reasonable alternative to those who would otherwise breach the no bringing booze on board policies.

Carnival is very successful with their Bon Voyage Packages. And, many guests are taking the package and abandoning sneaking booze aboard.

Need to promote this idea get alcohol package options on RCCL.

Rely with a yes.

Yes, it's a great idea.

I'd sign the petition.

They do it on Celebrity. I, as well as most of my friends, have ourchased it and loved it.

They should make it exactly like their other cruise line Celebrity. They have had it in place for two years and I have never heard of any adverse consequences.

On Celebrity you are also trusted as an adult to bring on two bottles of wine for no charge.

You are also allowed to by an expensive bottle of hard liquor (80 -100 dollars) and mixers from them to consume in your cabin.

I don't know what it is about Royal that makes them feel like they can't trust us........it is insulting.

I'd sign the petition.

They do it on Celebrity. I, as well as most of my friends, have ourchased it and loved it.

They should make it exactly like their other cruise line Celebrity. They have had it in place for two years and I have never heard of any adverse consequences.

On Celebrity you are also trusted as an adult to bring on two bottles of wine for no charge.

You are also allowed to by an expensive bottle of hard liquor (80 -100 dollars) and mixers from them to consume in your cabin.

I don't know what it is about Royal that makes them feel like they can't trust us........it is insulting.

I agree 100% with what you said! One of the many reasons that Celebrity is our favorite cruise line.

Yes - it would be good to have it available.

We sailed Carnival last year and it was so nice to pre-order a $45 bottle of rum (still pricey but less than the bar drinks) and enjoy a few pre-dinner drinks throughout the week. I didn't have to worry about smuggling on (which most people do anyways) and Carnival still made a tidy profit by charging me 2x or more what the bottle was worth!

Win-Win in my opinion.

Definite YES from me

No.

If you want all-inclusive cruising, choose a line which offers it. If you want all-inclusive land vacation, choose a resort which offers it. All-inclusive drinks on what is commonly described as a "family friendly" cruise line is not what I want to see. Too easily abused, IMO.

And sorry - a bunch of yes's in agreement with you on an Internet discussion board is not going to sway them.

ahhhhhhh......yawn

Need everyone who reads to this to reply with a yes.

Royal Caribbean has introduced an on board alcohol package on three ships. Its not cheap but its cheaper than bar charges if you indulge more than a couple of drinks a day.

What is the alcohol package? What does it include?

What is the alcohol package? What does it include?

It's only on certain European based sailings. If you want an all inclusive package in the Caribbean, then you need to either go on Celebrity or cruise on one of the four Carnival ships that is currently testing it.

It's only on certain European based sailings. If you want an all inclusive package in the Caribbean, then you need to either go on Celebrity or cruise on one of the four Carnival ships that is currently testing it.

ok so you pay how much? and you get to drink all you want?

ok so you pay how much? and you get to drink all you want?

I'm not familiar with the particulars on the European sailings on RCI since I do not plan on cruising in that area of the world in the near future. I can tell you though that Carnival is testing the program on 4 of their ships, and the program is 42.95/day + 15 % gratuity and it includes any drink on the menu that is under 10 bucks before tip, which includes over 90% of their drink options.

I can tell you though that Carnival is testing the program on 4 of their ships, and the program is 42.95/day + 15 % gratuity and it includes any drink on the menu that is under 10 bucks before tip, which includes over 90% of their drink options.

Didn't know that and am curious if this sways Royal to try it also. Please.:D

BTW-

to this comment-

If you want all-inclusive cruising, choose a line which offers it. If you want all-inclusive land vacation, choose a resort which offers it. All-inclusive drinks on what is commonly described as a "family friendly" cruise line is not what I want to see. Too easily abused, IMO.

Ever been to Beaches? I have been to a few and it is geared towards family as much as any Resort can be and very much AI. Actually-because all of those resorts are not only family geared but also towards the active vacationer, still have not seen this drunken rowdyness some speak of at an AI.

• 2 months later...

We purchased an all inclusive drinks package not too long ago on Costa and found the experience well worth the investment. In addition, we've sailed on numerous ships where beverages are included with the fare.

Never have we seen anyone, to quote a previous poster, drink themselves into oblivion. which I imagine was a bit of a joke. To the contrary, a drinks package or inclusive beverage plan, if you will, just takes one more item out of the equation that one has to worry about during one's cruise.

So, if you are listening (or reading) Royal Caribbean management, we'd love to see you implement an adult beverage package on the entire fleet.

While you're at it, why not offer an ultra-deluxe plan that also includes specialty coffees, juices, bottled water, soft drinks (including the cup that works in those nifty automatic dispensers that are so popular with cruisers on this board), and an expanded selection of wines by the glass.

Trust me, if you plan accordingly, people will buy it in droves. Certainly, you'll still make money, but we consumers of adult beverages will at least think we are not being gouged every time we order a libation. Cheers!

So, if you are listening (or reading) Royal Caribbean management, we'd love to see you implement an adult beverage package on the entire fleet.

While you're at it, why not offer an ultra-deluxe plan that also includes specialty coffees, juices, bottled water, soft drinks (including the cup that works in those nifty automatic dispensers that are so popular with cruisers on this board), and an expanded selection of wines by the glass.

Trust me, if you plan accordingly, people will buy it in droves. Certainly, you'll still make money, but we consumers of adult beverages will at least think we are not being gouged every time we order a libation. Cheers!

Hi

There's plenty of info on this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1731699

that they are actually rolling it out - it's on Oasis, Allure, Freedom (and maybe Navigator :confused:) and people are buying it.

The soda cup doesn't appear to be included and neither are speciality coffees, juices or water :(

Archived