PetitIon RCCL-On Board Alcohol Package Fleet Wide

monza

What don't you understand about the "No's"? Not everyone drinks that much every day. DH and I might purchase $30/day total between the two of us. Makes no financial sense to have the drink package now does it? I personally think most people wouldn't buy it. For some reason, people who drink a lot on a cruise think most others do also which isn't true. This is purely a financial decision for RCI and obviously they have found they make more money not having AI cruises or drink packages. My guess is that research show

s they make more money off of people buying individual drinks than they ever would off of packages. And that those who buy the packages drink a lot more than the package would cost RCI. Soda is different because the cost of soda is so much less than most realize so they make money no matter what on those packages.

BTW, online petitions carry no weight at all.

you missed the point of my post. You say the package wouldn't be something that would interest you so you wouldn't buy it. Why would you be against it being offered to others? I don't assume everyone drinks a lot,I think everyone has a different holiday..some drink, some gamble, some like the shows, etc.

RCI will only introduce it if it makes money. The results of the pilot programme in the Med will surely inform their decision. But there's no harm in having a discussion on the boards here like people do on loads of other topics?

Need everyone who reads to this to reply with a yes.

Royal Caribbean has introduced an on board alcohol package on three ships. Its not cheap but its cheaper than bar charges if you indulge more than a couple of drinks a day.

Its a good deal for those clients that would like a more reasonable costing of their drinks, and

It'sgood for Royal Caribbean as it provides a reasonable alternative to those who would otherwise breach the no bringing booze on board policies.

Carnival is very successful with their Bon Voyage Packages. And, many guests are taking the package and abandoning sneaking booze aboard.

Need to promote this idea get alcohol package options on RCCL.

Rely with a yes.

We booked the package on Celebrity Equinox - it was great for us and the ship didn't suffer with anyone abusing the facility in any way.

My husband had the beer package and I didn't - there was no requirement for me to book a package.

Our friends both booked a package , a frozen drinks and a beer.

We would all definitely book again.

That is just taking it to the extreme..Who says anyone is drunk or about to black out..

I had responded to post #24, from which I'll quote: " You can only drink so much before you black out. Its not as if drunks are going to get drunker. A bartender should always cut you off if needed."

Sorry, but I don't want to be on the same ship as a bunch of people with that mindset and a drink package.

I had responded to post #24, from which I'll quote: " You can only drink so much before you black out. Its not as if drunks are going to get drunker. A bartender should always cut you off if needed."

Sorry, but I don't want to be on the same ship as a bunch of people with that mindset and a drink package.

I see you have sailed celebrity. How are the mindset of the people that sail on those ships? I'm just wondering why it seems to work over there at X and possibly in europe but not here in the good ol' USA? Just wondering if I should start to feel insulted !!;):p

Or is it a drunk fest on those ships and overseas??

I see you have sailed celebrity. How are the mindset of the people that sail on those ships? I'm just wondering why it seems to work over there at X and possibly in europe but not here in the good ol' USA? Just wondering if I should start to feel insulted !!;):p

Or is it a drunk fest on those ships and overseas??

Good question - the answer is: short cruises. I've been B2B on a ship (Indy) that was completely transformed when the 14-day passengers disembarked and the 4-day "lets party!" crowd replaced them.

Of course, I realize that the vast majority of guests would use a drink package like this with no problem at all, however we've all been in situations where one or two drunks has ruined the dinner or affair - just don't want to see that become common on RC cruises.

The mentality of the poster I recently quoted, where he thought it would be the responsiblity of bartenders to cut you off, bothered me. Notice that he didn't think in terms of self control - it was either I'll black out or a bartender will cut me off!! Nice choice.

you missed the point of my post. You say the package wouldn't be something that would interest you so you wouldn't buy it. Why would you be against it being offered to others? I don't assume everyone drinks a lot,I think everyone has a different holiday..some drink, some gamble, some like the shows, etc.

RCI will only introduce it if it makes money. The results of the pilot programme in the Med will surely inform their decision. But there's no harm in having a discussion on the boards here like people do on loads of other topics?

It's not just a discussion, the OP wanted a "petition" which as I said carries no weight online. This subject has come up before and RCI will do what they want as they have proven over and over again. They don't always care what the majority of people want, they care what will make them money. Plenty of people who say they want the option might never use it once they realize they have to pay it up front.

I think RCCL should offer it on all ships. RCCL does read CruiseCritic and will react if necessary based on solid feedback from customers, especially if its revenue generating. I've enjoyed the Premium drink package twice on Celebrity and its fantastic. Its so worth the cost. I'm sure RCCL would probably make more money than they do now....with alot of folks watching every penny!

Cheers to all!!!!

YES

Just booked a cruise on Jewel. Grabbed it quickly because it seemed like a good deal. Because this is just my second cruise, I stupidly assumed that all cruise lines offered similar beverage packages. I discovered that there was no beverage packages other than wine and soda fountain pop (echh).

Last year I sailed with HAL and I was able to order a litre of rum and a litre of vodka for about $25 each for our stateroom which I thought was very reasonable and a pop package for cans (not fountain) for half price. This made me very happy because I like to spend time on my balcony with my better half enjoying sunsets and the like rather than the crush around the pools and bars. We still had some wine at dinner and a few drinks here and there, but it was our choice when and where. We also brought mix that was unavailable on the ship (clamato for our ceasers) which is not allowed with RCL. Because of the HAL offer, I never even considered smuggling booze or pop on board. This time will be different even though I don't like the idea. So now, even before I board the RCL ship, I am considering dropping them from future cruise considerations.

I think RCCL should offer it on all ships. RCCL does read CruiseCritic and will react if necessary based on solid feedback from customers, especially if its revenue generating. I've enjoyed the Premium drink package twice on Celebrity and its fantastic. Its so worth the cost. I'm sure RCCL would probably make more money than they do now....with alot of folks watching every penny!

Cheers to all!!!!

I don't really think they'll read all the "yes" votes here and change anything. If people really want things changed, a letter-writing or email campaign would probably be more effective than just replying "yes" in a message board.

RCCL does read CruiseCritic and will react if necessary based on solid feedback from customers, especially if its revenue generating.

I'd like to think this is correct except I'd replace the word especially with only.;)

All the letter writing and e-mails will go the way of this message board thread also unless it is a solid win for the company. I don't run a cruise line, I only vacation on one and I could not even fathom the job of keeping profits up and most happy.

We brought a drinks package when we cruised with Costa 12 months ago. From memory it was around 660 dollars paid up front. Included beer, wine, cocktails,soft drinks, coffee's, tea, juice and water. We worked out that the cruiseline is probably going to turn a profit (albeit a small one) as you are limited to what you can buy, Costa's was 8 dollars each per order. You could also get a bottle of wine at meal times, lunch and dinner. We only had it at dinner, and if we finished it, they brought another one (we shared our bottle with friends).

We thought it was fantastic as at the end of the cruise we had no extra bill. Costa prints which package you buy on your cruisecard and you hand it over when you order a drink. They also make you sign the receipt even though it shows zero amount.

We did not come anywhere near spending what we paid, but the convenience is the best part.

I would definitely buy this if it were offered.

Archived