PetitIon RCCL-On Board Alcohol Package Fleet Wide

monza

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!

I also agree that it would be nice to include more types of drinks like soda and water so that the non-drinkers in a cabin can get their monies worth as well.

I understand why other posters say "Go with other cruise lines that offer this" but to be honest, we really like RC and would like to continue. Most of the "all inclusive" lines are WAY out of our budget and Celebrity may be a contender, but I still feel like we're not ready for Celebrity yet (age/activities/etc)

If you don't support the petition, you do not need to sign onto this thread. If you oppose any form of alcohol purchases, please start your own thread and call for responses and solicit support.

This is Not a poll.

As a petition it is not a poll to vote yay or nay. Nor is it a debate on the morality of alcohol consumption.

This thread is not about open bar, wild drunken frat parties, or any type of over consumption. It is promoting what is offerred on other cruise lines and some RCCL ships. Fixed price for a determined amount. Such as; purchase a bottle for your cabin, purchase coupon booklet for a number of drinks at a package discount, purchase a daily package of a fixed number of drink at a discount.

The OP is not specific on these or other options as individual preferences vary.

My preference is a purchase of a bottle in cabin. That way I can enjoy my balcony, quietly, while watching the waves, chatting with my better half, while enjoying a reasonably priced cocktail or rum and coke. I much prefer this over scrounging for a lounger or deck chair or sitting in a bar. If I wanted to be out on deck amongst the crowd or in a bar, then bar prices are fine. However, I got a cabin with a balcony for a reason. An alcohol package with a bottle in my room would just seem reasonable to me.

"Like"

Have to agree with here Bob. They could cut the price of drinks in half, and people will still smuggle.

The package works on X because the pax are different on both lines.

The X crowd is a bit older, and more mature, or laid back. People that purchase the package there are not on a mission to make sure they get their moneys worth, and then some.

All I see with this on RC is more drunks around more kids, and more drunk kids if you get my drift.

That is exactly how I see it as well. There would be a lot more "I have to get my moneys worth" people on a cruise line like RCI.

If you don't support the petition, you do not need to sign onto this thread. If you oppose any form of alcohol purchases, please start your own thread and call for responses and solicit support.

This is Not a poll.

As a petition it is not a poll to vote yay or nay. Nor is it a debate on the morality of alcohol consumption.

This thread is not about open bar, wild drunken frat parties, or any type of over consumption. It is promoting what is offerred on other cruise lines and some RCCL ships. Fixed price for a determined amount. Such as; purchase a bottle for your cabin, purchase coupon booklet for a number of drinks at a package discount, purchase a daily package of a fixed number of drink at a discount.

The OP is not specific on these or other options as individual preferences vary.

My preference is a purchase of a bottle in cabin. That way I can enjoy my balcony, quietly, while watching the waves, chatting with my better half, while enjoying a reasonably priced cocktail or rum and coke. I much prefer this over scrounging for a lounger or deck chair or sitting in a bar. If I wanted to be out on deck amongst the crowd or in a bar, then bar prices are fine. However, I got a cabin with a balcony for a reason. An alcohol package with a bottle in my room would just seem reasonable to me.

This post just really made want to repeat my "No not signing the petition":p:p:p

Here comes the drama post:p

Royal offers a lounge that has 3 hours of free drinks for loyalty and suite guests. Over the years I have read thread after thread of SOME folks bragging how much they can suck down in 3 hours. I've read thread after thread of folks changing dinner times to be able to sit for those hours and pound them back. Folks talking about how much they need to drink to make up for the cost of a suite. Binge drinking can be worse then spread out over a full day.

Of course, you knew this would draw a comment or two, and there is some validity for those few jerks that you're referring to.

However, for the most part the lounge contains people that can afford suites, for whom the value of the free drinks is pretty tiny compared to what they paid total, so a few freebies shouldn't be a big deal. If they booked a suite FOR the free drinks, they should take a math class to figure how much they paid per drink.

Other than the suite guests, you have the experienced loyalty cruisers, and for the great majority of them, the novelty of free drinking on a ship has become old.

I have to admit that I've been on one cruise with X with the drinks package (a long cruise), and not seen any problems. However, I've made the mistake of trying a 4 day Caribbean (on Indy) where it was - can I stay buzzed for 4 days staight? Maybe naive, but I like to hope that the price of drinks may keep things a little more under control.

Now for my flammable statement: I know many will say it for buying sodas too, yada, yada, but I think if you're looking at a package with the idea of consuming the 6-10 drinks per day to break even, for 7 or more days straight, you might have problem.

I vote yes.

Some of you are trying to make the arguement that the ship would just turn into one messy, obnoxious drunk party each night.

Not everyone who drinks gets drunk, and even if someone does have to much to drink it doesn't mean there going to be obnoxious.

It seems some of you some judgemental views on anyone who drinks.

And then some of you are even making the arguement that on other lines "more expensive or older crowd lines" that these types of people seem to behave so much better than what... your average person.

It just the same thing with every topic here on the RCI forums, the lovers never think RCI could do anything better.

YES!!

I would love to be able to budget my alcohol allowance right from the get-go, instead of obsessively checking my onboard account to see what my balance is. If I could get an alcohol package (and it would be the premium listed above!) I'd pay for it ahead of time or budget that amount per day. Way less stressful.

If RCI were to offer a package in line with sister brand celebrity then YES!!!! :D

I have purchased the premium all-inclusive package on my last 3 X cruises and found it exceptional value. This is not merely about the alcohol. There are many beverage options that I enjoy, but typically do not purchase do to extra cost on other cruise lines. Sparkling water at meals, espresso based coffee drinks (latte, cappuccino, etc), fresh squeezed juices. It also allows me to pair wines with each course in the MDR which enhances my MDR experience. I no longer have to schlep a case of bottled water aboard. If I want an occasional soda (I don't drink them often, but at times they hit the spot) I can have one.

The end result is that I feel liberated on-board. I drink whatever I want, when I want, without concern for my final bill. I budget the cost of the package when deciding to book a cruise on X and it is major factor to me choosing them over other lines.

People who are going to abuse alcohol will do so with or without a pre-paid package.

No.

And sorry - a bunch of yes's in agreement with you on an Internet discussion board is not going to sway them.

Please tell everyone this the next time a kids in the CL thread appears!!!;)

But seriously-it's just a bunch of folks voicing opinions as many do here on this website. Why should this discussion be any different then any of the other supposed volatile conversations???

I'm pretty sure everyone already knows this site carries little influence on major corporate decisions but it sure does not hurt to toss the ball around a bit between ourselves.

No. No details listed in this thread about this package, cost, quantity, etc. I'd rather they change to a policy like Princess, letting us bring one bottle of wine each on board. That way, you get your favorite, and not a substitute because RCI doesn't carry YOUR brand.

For us it would not matter...since we go to the CL every night on Board....it is just like having a Drink option....3.5 hours every night is enough for us especially when the last drink of the night ( 8:30 pm ) is actually 3 drinks...the servers get to know you very well and just keep the drinks coming....And we tip every night as well at the end of the cruise. Needless to say...The crew makes out with most of us in the CL. And we have soooo MUCH FUN!!! :)

Mike

Please tell everyone this the next time a kids in the CL thread appears!!!;)

But seriously-it's just a bunch of folks voicing opinions as many do here on this website. Why should this discussion be any different then any of the other supposed volatile conversations???

I'm pretty sure everyone already knows this site carries little influence on major corporate decisions but it sure does not hurt to toss the ball around a bit between ourselves.

What??? Say it isn't so!!! :D Some people definitely take these blogs way too seriously. I've read political blogs with less angst than these. It's suppose to be about having a good time.

I wouldn't buy it, but I'd have to vote yes for people who want this.

What I would vote for is for the opportunity to purchase a bottle in the liquor store and have it delivered to the cabin for in-cabin consumption. Just one bottle per cabin, per week would be fine. Like they used to do prior to 2005.

And...to allow pax to bring on their own wine (with corkage fee, happy to pay that), like they did prior to 2005. We get weary of paying over $50 for a bottle of wine with dinner and we will not purchase the cheaper wines offered. We could then bring on some really good wine for less than $50, inclusive of the corkage fee. Just like Princess does.

Our last 2 cruises were with Princess and our next 2 booked cruises are with Princess. Not for the wine policy (that would be silly) but because RCI pulled out of the west coast.

BTW, good luck with your petition, although it represents a very small fraction of the cruising world.

Archived