PetitIon RCCL-On Board Alcohol Package Fleet Wide

monza

I would really like for RCCL to allow bottles of wine at embarkation and from port to port - like Princess. I don't like RCCL's wine selection, especially for the longer, European routes. Plus, we are visiting some of the best wine country in the world (Italy, France), so why not allow passengers to bring wine on board.

I would vote yes for others, but we would prefer wine over alcohol.

Patti

Everybody should know that RCCL is not about to let this happen. They already have a mainstream cruise line that is AI as far as drinks are concerned. All five of Pullmantur"s ships have this food and beverage plan.and English speaking passengers are made very welcome. I was.

Everybody should know that RCCL is not about to let this happen. They already have a mainstream cruise line that is AI as far as drinks are concerned. All five of Pullmantur"s ships have this food and beverage plan.and English speaking passengers are made very welcome. I was.

I don't think we Yanks can book Pullmantour as they visit/homeport in Cuba. I have never seen any advertising for them here in the US.

Don't be so sure. RCI already has it on their sailings outside the US and Celebrity's US sailings. Why wouldn't they expand it if it was that popular?

I don't think we Yanks can book Pullmantour as they visit/homeport in Cuba. I have never seen any advertising for them here in the US.

Pullmantur ships have not visited Cuba since Royal Caribbean bought the company in 2006.

Several US on line cruise sellers (including the largest VTG) do list Pullmantur.

Sorry, this is why I'd say no.

I don't want to interact with drunks on their way to blacking out.

And, I can imagine the nasty scenes when bartenders try to cut off these drunks

I could see it might work on a long cruise, but a 4 day Caribbean - it would get ugly.

That is just taking it to the extreme..Who says anyone is drunk or about to black out..

Don't be so sure. RCI already has it on their sailings outside the US and Celebrity's US sailings. Why wouldn't they expand it if it was that popular?

I agree that nothing is certain. However, RCI and Celebrity both charge for their AI package(approx $300.00 per person/week),whereas Pullmantur includes it in their initial cruise fare for everybody of legal age onboard. In fact, on my 7 day cruise out of Ravenna,Italy in late October that legal age was 16 years.

i could only vote yes provided not EVERY adult in the cabin had to buy it. I cannot and do not drink near 49 dollars in a day in alcohol or any other thing on board like sodas or fancy coffees, so its more cost effective not to take the package and just buy a drink when I want one..........however, someone else in my cabin should be able to purchase one.

I honestly dont see it happening on any RCI cruises sailing out of the US. Caribbean cruises specifically.

a bunch of yes's in agreement with you on an Internet discussion board is not going to sway them.

I was thinking the same thing. If you really want them to make a change, a letter writing or email campaign might be more effective. Do you honestly think they're going to come here and see X number of people replying with "yes" and decide to change their policy because of that?

RCI (Royal Caribbean International) and Celebrity are different cruise lines, so RCI can´t have it on Celebrity ships.

If you are talking about RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.) yes they do own amongst others the two lines of RCI and Celebrity.

Now none of us knows what RCI will do or not, but my opinion about this is, it´s not a matter of popularity, but more about making money.

IMO they offered the packages in markets where they have competitors offering something similar. Like in Europe where many cruise lines offer some kind of included alcohol, which ranges from almost AI to included house wines with lunch / dinner or other varieties.

Celebrity places itself in a more upscale market, where again other lines offer deals like that. I think RCI won´t start the packages unless other lines serving the same market segment will do it as well and /or they find out they make more money by selling packages vs. selling individual drinks.

Never forget this is not about what people want it´s about what the cruiselines make money from.

Yes

It would be nice to have the option. I notice quite a few no's. I can't understand this at all. I will certainly drink whatever amount I want regardless of whether or not there's a package...it's my holiday! To those who say they don't need the option because they use the CL...good for you...a lot of your fellow passengers are first timers or will not have whatever diamond status you need for that so why begrudge them the option?

Yes

It would be nice to have the option. I notice quite a few no's. I can't understand this at all. I will certainly drink whatever amount I want regardless of whether or not there's a package...it's my holiday! To those who say they don't need the option because they use the CL...good for you...a lot of your fellow passengers are first timers or will not have whatever diamond status you need for that so why begrudge them the option?

What don't you understand about the "No's"? Not everyone drinks that much every day. DH and I might purchase $30/day total between the two of us. Makes no financial sense to have the drink package now does it? I personally think most people wouldn't buy it. For some reason, people who drink a lot on a cruise think most others do also which isn't true. This is purely a financial decision for RCI and obviously they have found they make more money not having AI cruises or drink packages. My guess is that research shows they make more money off of people buying individual drinks than they ever would off of packages. And that those who buy the packages drink a lot more than the package would cost RCI. Soda is different because the cost of soda is so much less than most realize so they make money no matter what on those packages.

BTW, online petitions carry no weight at all.

Archived