What’s the strangest thing you have seen on a Royal Caribbean ship?

Mostly all I've seen are REALLY obese people at the pools - the men in tiny speedos... but I think everyone on a cruise ship has seen that at some time or another. :p

And sometimes it all comes together in one great package.

2954341340080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

The strangest thing I've seen was a middle-aged woman strutting around the Lido deck in a tiny bikini that displayed her severely anorexic body. But she also had these massive breast implants. Talk about a contradiction.... :eek::eek::eek:

Sure beats the average overweight middleaged woman that has given up on her body a long time ago.... :D:D

The strangest thing I have ever seen was in Concierge lounge when some Diamond+ members complained constantly to the bartender that the suite passengers kids were allowed in there. They said that THEY deserved the chairs and the free booze, not the suite passengers and that they had even written letters of complaint to the CEO!

The strangest thing I have ever seen was in Concierge lounge when some Diamond+ members complained constantly to the bartender that the suite passengers kids were allowed in there. They said that THEY deserved the chairs and the free booze, not the suite passengers and that they had even written letters of complaint to the CEO!

Now where did I put my violin:confused:

This is not my story but i saw it on a different thread last year. I thought it was hilarious.....

My sister and I were trying to figure out how to use the wheelchair accessible public restroom. Pushed the button and the door opened VERY SLOWLY. I went in and it finally closed VERY SLOWLY. Couldn’t figure out how to lock the darn thing. I pushed the button and it opened VERY SLOWLY again. Sis said she would guard the door so no one would open it while I was in there. That worked out fine.

Okay, now it’s my sister’s turn and my turn to stand guard. Well I have ADD, and I saw something shiny and off I went. A few minutes later I hear a woman yelling at me “Your sister is going to kick your butt!”

I run back and the woman and her husband are standing with their backs toward the open door trying to shield the view of my sister on the throne as the door is closing VERY SLOWLY after it had opened VERY SLOWLY.

My sister later told me, after she in fact did kick my butt, that the worst part was watching all the people walking by looking at her wondering why she would do such a thing.

Needless to say, we never used that restroom again. We may even be barred from ever cruising with HAL again!

Sure beats the average overweight middleaged woman that has given up on her body a long time ago.... :D:D

Sorry - but people on the Allure in Feb... you will be seeing my fat butt in a bathing suit in the pool - around the pool - don't care - look away if you don't like it!!!:p:p I will have fun - even if I become someone's funny story :D;)

The strangest thing I've seen was a middle-aged woman strutting around the Lido deck in a tiny bikini that displayed her severely anorexic body. But she also had these massive breast implants. Talk about a contradiction.... :eek::eek::eek:

If she was wearing a bright green bathing suit all week, she was on Majesty with us.

She made it 3 hours walking to and from the pool bar before noticing her bottoms were shifted in a way that only covered one "cheek". At least she thought she was hot!

On the Oasis we were waiting at the elevators when they opened and this distinguished older gentleman (70+) was holding by the arm & yelling at his prim and proper looking wife about how much $$ she had already spent because he saw it on their TV.... Then she started to attempt to walk... It was like watching Bambi in real life... She was PLASTERED! I'm talking flat out drunk as a skunk, frat boys couldn't keep up with her drunk... She started attempting to put together a sentence to retaliate but couldnt... then threw up in the elevator lobby...

We were heading to the top deck for sail away from Port Everglades lol. Guess she had her own little solo pub crawl!

just googled the woman who peed on deck...OMG...:eek: :D :D :D

Me too OMG. It almost looks like she was asleep and woke up after the fact. She was rubbing her eyes. But, seriously, who would do that consciously?

Sorry - but people on the Allure in Feb... you will be seeing my fat butt in a bathing suit in the pool - around the pool - don't care - look away if you don't like it!!!:p:p I will have fun - even if I become someone's funny story :D;)

You GO girlfriend!!!!

Have a great cruise!!!!! :)

Surely these guys don’t look in the mirror ...

DW & are constantly amazed at the way some people dress & not just on cruises. We have a code we use: NM, short for "no mirror" as we are sure some people don't have a mirror at home or at any rate don't look in it before leaving the house.

For me it has to be on the Allure. One day there was supposed to be a volleyball tournament. Due to the lack of interest it got canceled. The sport staff was very friendly though and gave the course to the few of us who wished to play.

The basketball guys have had the course for the entire week so we were very pleased to get the course for an hour.

As we played a non competitive game - just enjoying our selfs - more and more people asked to enter and soon we were a whole bunch of people enjoying a friendly game of volleyball.

That's when "Mr Six pack" with his sunglasses in a lanyard around his neck entered the game with his girl. He entered the field telling us we should all move to one side of the field so that he and his girl could play alone against the rest of us. He told us they were very good and that it wouldn't be fare otherwise.

My first thought was that they were beach volleyball players or something - used to play two on two at a high level.

Somehow it didn't turn out that way. They entered one of the teams and started playing with the rest of us.

I got a good laugh when it turned out they weren't that good at all! :D

They could play for sure, like the rest of us. But not at the level where they could take on all of us alone. They were pretty intermediate players.

I left the game when the shouting began. He scream to a fellow teammate that he was very competitive and that he only played to win and that the rest should do so as well.

I think volleyball is a nice exercise - but it's not a game that gets me in to a competitive mode on a cruise ship when I've already had a couple of Mojitos. :cool:

After that I stuck to the running track.

Last May on the Explorer, we watched some college age kids attempt to make it back to the ship after enjoying themselves in Bermuda. We were on the pool deck looking out and they were standing on the other side of the pier where we were docked. There were 3- 1 girl and 2 guys. The girl was the least drunk. One of the guys dropped his shorts to urinate in the ocean and almost tipped over into the ocean, but the girl noticed and caught him just in time. Watching her guide her 2 drunk guy pals back to the ship was like herding cats....very amusing!

A few years ago we went on a Cruise in January. Apparently so does Santa, we saw approx 10 santas and their Mrs. Claus' around the ship.They were always in Santa attire, they had casual wear, formal wear and even Santa swimsuits. Santa even particpated in Quest! I tried to upload pics but I couldn't figure out how to upload them :(

A few years ago we went on a Cruise in January. Apparently so does Santa, we saw approx 10 santas and their Mrs. Claus' around the ship.They were always in Santa attire, they had casual wear, formal wear and even Santa swimsuits. Santa even particpated in Quest! I tried to upload pics but I couldn't figure out how to upload them :(

You'll need to upload them to a site like photobucket first. Then link them to the forum.

These are two of my favorites from a cruise I took in January. I put a cruise dvd together and put these two photos in the section I titled "Why?". Now for the ironic part. I, myself, am overweight like these women, but unlike them, I understand that not everyone wants to look at all I have to offer. I cover myself up and couldn't imagine leaving the cabin like this.

1934567040_Why7.jpg.138dc2745deb9611fe90293c108888e5.jpg

1216811766_Why9.jpg.9fba1a6b2e36dd99ec830acbb1bda5d6.jpg

Archived