What’s the strangest thing you have seen on a Royal Caribbean ship?

Great thread! The first thing that came to my mind was this boy around 9 or 10 yrs old that sat adjacent to our dinning table on the Liberty of the Seas. Every night he ordered a plate of cut up onions and ate them with his fingers off the plate . DD even took a photo with her cell phone to show her friends. We laughed every night because he hardly ate anything else the entire cruise! :eek:

Not sure.

OMG - pee lady... I LOL'd when security came.... but my favorite part was the close up of that other person who was watching the situation and laughing hysterically!!!! :D

I've seen a lot of weirdness, but the joke of the ship on the Grandeur Christmas Cruise 2009 out of Tampa was Miss Florida...

20244_248567326563_654406563_3408669_5168286_n.jpg

That's us with Miss Florida, but the lighting is bad, so I will give you the close-up provided on her fanpage...

68191_1753091192810_1404816148_1873146_6040844_n.jpg

She wore her crown and sash EVERYWHERE! Her mother would go around, asking people if they wanted their picture taken with Miss Florida. It was a small ship, so everyone knew of her.

Well, adding to the strangeness, the next year we did a Christmas cruise on the Carnival Dream out of Port Canaveral, and lo and behold....

MISS FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!

167419_1773140174022_1404816148_1921835_115305_n.jpg

She sure must be talented if she can win the title of Miss Florida two years in a row! :D

Carnival had that late-night comedy club, and one of the comedians tore her apart. I felt kind of bad for her, but I'm not even sure if she was phased.

If she was wearing a bright green bathing suit all week, she was on Majesty with us.

She made it 3 hours walking to and from the pool bar before noticing her bottoms were shifted in a way that only covered one "cheek". At least she thought she was hot!

No but it sounds like the same woman. Her body may have looked emaciated but those boobs were well-inflated. :D I've never been on the Majesty and think it was the Mariner but can't be sure. It was a long time ago.

I read this, I think on the CCL boards, so it is not mine, but it was hysterical, and since this has gone on for seven pages I'm going to repeat it.

These people are sitting at the pool bar and this elderly lady on a Jazzi scooter, smoking a long cigarette, with a long and very bad blonde wig, pulls up to the bar and orders a bottle of wine. The bartender opens the wine for her and she asks the poster, "hand me a straw, sonny". She drives her scooter over to the shade and proceeds to drink the entire bottle. As she is getting drowsy, but still smoking, the cigarette gets a little too close to that long blonde wig, and she REALLY starts smoking. An entire section of the wig is now on fire and she is oblivious. A concerned bystander pours a cup of water on her and she wakes up sputtering and yelling indignantly! The funny thing is ,the poster said they saw her several times on the cruise still wearing her wig with the entire side burned away.

At the time I laughed myself silly but then I starting thinking the poor lady probably wore a wig for a reason and didn't have a replacement. I had to slap myself for laughing! Remember this is a stolen story and I have to thank the original poster for making me laugh.....still!!!

Last December on The Monarch, I seen two incidents....One was a very drunk lady was dancing in her chair with formal clothes around the pool for a pool celebration or dancing get together and I noticed that she looked very drunk, well she decided to get up and dance and got a little too close to the pool and fell in the very shallow end (I knew it had to hurt) Her friends picked her up and put her back in the chair soak and wet as she continued to dance (It was freezing on the deck in Dec, with high wind)

The next thing was we were watching a show in one of the bars and we noticed that everyone seemed to be stirring about so we went outside and noticed a raft bobbing in the high seas with the sail made of large rice bags with I think 6 hatians. We rescued them (it took a long time) and took them back to the US (we had to dock for immigration to get them off before we got back to port)

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/brevard_news/120610-cruise-ship-rescues-6-on-raft?aa=

I read this, I think on the CCL boards, so it is not mine, but it was hysterical, and since this has gone on for seven pages I'm going to repeat it.

These people are sitting at the pool bar and this elderly lady on a Jazzi scooter, smoking a long cigarette, with a long and very bad blonde wig, pulls up to the bar and orders a bottle of wine. The bartender opens the wine for her and she asks the poster, "hand me a straw, sonny". She drives her scooter over to the shade and proceeds to drink the entire bottle. As she is getting drowsy, but still smoking, the cigarette gets a little too close to that long blonde wig, and she REALLY starts smoking. An entire section of the wig is now on fire and she is oblivious. A concerned bystander pours a cup of water on her and she wakes up sputtering and yelling indignantly! The funny thing is ,the poster said they saw her several times on the cruise still wearing her wig with the entire side burned away.

At the time I laughed myself silly but then I starting thinking the poor lady probably wore a wig for a reason and didn't have a replacement. I had to slap myself for laughing! Remember this is a stolen story and I have to thank the original poster for making me laugh.....still!!!

Wow, that is both hilarious and sad at the same time. The woman was lucky that someone else was around to throw that cup of water on her. She could have been seriously burned. It's like the older folks in wheel chairs with a tank of oxygen, the mask in one hand, the cigarette in the other. :eek: I just have to shake my head in disbelief. Not only are they defeating the purpose of having that tank of oxygen, but they put those around them in serious risk - smoking and highly flammable oxygen tanks do not mix!

OMG - pee lady... I LOL'd when security came.... but my favorite part was the close up of that other person who was watching the situation and laughing hysterically!!!! :D

I've seen a lot of weirdness, but the joke of the ship on the Grandeur Christmas Cruise 2009 out of Tampa was Miss Florida...

She wore her crown and sash EVERYWHERE! Her mother would go around, asking people if they wanted their picture taken with Miss Florida. It was a small ship, so everyone knew of her.

Well, adding to the strangeness, the next year we did a Christmas cruise on the Carnival Dream out of Port Canaveral, and lo and behold....

MISS FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!

She sure must be talented if she can win the title of Miss Florida two years in a row! :D

Carnival had that late-night comedy club, and one of the comedians tore her apart. I felt kind of bad for her, but I'm not even sure if she was phased.

Are you sure she won? Did a quick google search and someone else was Miss Florida in 2009 according to Wiki, they list all winners of the Miss Florida title:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachael_Todd

After a little more investigating she *might have been* the winner of a pageant, not the official Miss USA competition. The pageant Nadine might have won was a small pageant operation called American Dream Pageants. Here's the website, but I didn't see her listed as a winner there either. But that website had a lot of updates going on due to some pages that were unavailable to check past winners.

http://www.Miss-AmericanDream.Com/

Not trying to be mean, but I had my doubts that she was the real Miss Florida for the Miss USA pageant most of us know about. It is a little strange to see someone doing that, almost trying to impersonate the real Miss USA winner. If you do look closely at her sash in the pic, you will see "American Dream" in small print.

Last May on the Explorer, we watched some college age kids attempt to make it back to the ship after enjoying themselves in Bermuda.

I had totally forgotten, Navigator 2009 in Belieze. I was in a rare cruise bad mood because we had waited on the dock for 2 hours for our excursion that never came. Turns out it was canceled and we jut decided to go back to the ship around 11am. Its a long tender ride back to the ship, perhaps 20 minutes if memory serves and the "fleet" used to tender people was rag tag, no two ships were alike.

The tender we got on held perhaps 20 people and it was totally enclosed where the passengers sat. We sat down across from some young girl, who looked to be about 20, but I didn't pay much attention to her early. Next a family got on consisting of a couple in their mid 40s and two teenage boys. I saw them come in together so I knew they were a family. A few minutes into the ride I was still feeling sorry for myself and I looked at the young girl and she was draped all over the man and his hands were all over her. At first I thought how totally inappropriately he was touching her and I was a little confused about his wife not being upset and the kids didn't seem too concerned.

After a few moments of confusion on my part I realized the girl was drunk out of her mind and was falling all over the guy making a fool of herself. The man was doing his best to keep the girl under control and her wild behavior caused him to be holding on to her as best he could. After figuring out what was going on I watched for awhile. When we got back to the ship the wife said she would take the girl back to her cabin and that the father should take the boys back to their cabin. She said there would be less likelihood of the drunk girl alleging inappropriate behavior later. Turns out this woman was a nurse in an alcohol abuse center back home and volunteered at a woman's shelter.

Our room was on deck 8 and apparently the young girl had an inside cabin on deck 9, as we got off our elevator we looked up and saw the girl lying face down in the elevator door one deck above us and the poor woman was struggling to get the girl up while others fretted about not being able to get on the elevator and stood watching in disgust. My wife ran up one flight to help the lady and told me to just stay there.

My wife said they got the girl to her cabin and got her into her room which she shared with another girl who apparently stayed on the ship, but was no where to be found. They attempted to have the girls friend paged to come back to the cabin, but while they were waiting she passed out again and began to vomit profusely. The other lady, with her experise had stripped the bed and had the girl laying on her side on just a towel with a trashcan near her face. She thought the situation bad enough to call the doctors and the emergency call Alpha? went out for that cabin.

Very traumatic and I think how much worse it could have been for this girl, whom I found out later was only 19 or 20 and had went ashore in another country all alone and gotten that drunk in just a few short hours.

I have been thinking about the girl who peed. I think she may have consumed drugs that made her sleep? I think Ambien

in the USA? They can make you do things in your sleep. The fact that she pulled down her bikini bottom just makes me think she may actually have been "sleepwalking". If she was concerned enough to pull down her knickers but then sit in her chair makes me think something isn't quite right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still amazed no onlookers came to her rescue. Sure she may have been just a drunk but she was a human being in a desperate condition. Sleepwalking is one thought, another could be she was slipped a drug. What's wrong with a world where several women couldn't have attempted to do something. . . anything. I know I'd have tried something.

i don't know if the sound weird to you. While i was on the Explorer in 2008, my friends and I saw an elderly couple who dresses up in like a MR. and Mrs. Howell style. Everywhere we go they are in high fashion that you can tell it them. The woman was wearing the hat and the gentleman was wearing the jacket all the time. This wass everywhere they go even at midnight buffet. Every time they pass by we all said "there goes Mr. and Mrs. Howell." Meanwhile i look like a bum in short. After that cruise i never saw another couple dress so high fashion like that elderly couple. Also we wanted to take a pic of them but never intended to.

We saw them on Explorer in 2010. They dress in the same colors too and they have to be 80+. I think we saw them the night they both had green on. Truly interesting.

I want to know how many suitcases it takes to pack all those suit jackets, hats and gowns since we were on a 9 night cruise.

Not trying to be mean, but I had my doubts that she was the real Miss Florida for the Miss USA pageant most of us know about. It is a little strange to see someone doing that, almost trying to impersonate the real Miss USA winner. If you do look closely at her sash in the pic, you will see "American Dream" in small print.

Oh, no - I know she isn't the real Miss Florida or Miss Florida USA. See, that was what was funny for us - my sister actually works at a pageant shop that dresses Miss America and Miss USA contestants. I was being sarcastic when I said she must be really good to win two years in a row because you can't hold a title more than once. :D

She wasn't on our cruise this past year, but this popped up on my FB page today...

407068_3087121782741_1404816148_3141443_135272657_n.jpg

Just by looking at her, you can tell that she's not really a pageant girl, lol.

This probably fits in more of the category of “sickest” thing you have seen on a Royal Caribbean ship. Back when it was mandatory to bring your life vests to the muster drill and there were some Cruisers who use to think it was necessary to blow the attached whistle.

Oh, no - I know she isn't the real Miss Florida or Miss Florida USA. See, that was what was funny for us - my sister actually works at a pageant shop that dresses Miss America and Miss USA contestants. I was being sarcastic when I said she must be really good to win two years in a row because you can't hold a title more than once. :D

She wasn't on our cruise this past year, but this popped up on my FB page today...

407068_3087121782741_1404816148_3141443_135272657_n.jpg

Just by looking at her, you can tell that she's not really a pageant girl, lol.

What. The. Heck.????? This person (and quite possibly her mother) has GOT to have some sort of mental disorder!! Bless her heart....

Sorry - but people on the Allure in Feb... you will be seeing my fat butt in a bathing suit in the pool - around the pool - don't care - look away if you don't like it!!!:p:p I will have fun - even if I become someone's funny story :D;)

AMEN sister, you and me both!!! And yes, I have several 1 piece suits but when I'm at the pool for a day of sun and fun, it's my 2 piece I wear. You can all just look away.

On our balcony in the Caribbean, after dinner, having a nite cap, talking about our day. I notice a hoovering light way out in the sky. Point it out DH says he sees it, we are in the middle of the ocean, no land to be seen. Is it a plane, no too wobbly, a helocopter, no to much movement, then just as we are trying to figure out what it might be, whoosh it zips out of sight. We both saw it, were both more sober than not, and still to this day have no idea what it was, so what we saw was truly a UFO.

Are you from the Enterprise lol.

We saw them on Explorer in 2010. They dress in the same colors too and they have to be 80+. I think we saw them the night they both had green on. Truly interesting.

I want to know how many suitcases it takes to pack all those suit jackets, hats and gowns since we were on a 9 night cruise.

That couple's names are Rachel & Ken. They have only been married a few years. She makes a lot of their matching things. We met them on that same Explorer cruise in 2010. Found out on the last night that they live in southern Delaware less than 15 miles from us. So far havent run into them here on land but I'm certain we will again.

Sorry - but people on the Allure in Feb... you will be seeing my fat butt in a bathing suit in the pool - around the pool - don't care - look away if you don't like it!!!:p:p I will have fun - even if I become someone's funny story :D;)

You go, girl! Same with me on FOS in February!

I've been wondering about that video though .... how did the person taking it know to start the video JUST BEFORE the girl pulled down her pants???

I smell a rat! That could also be why she was lying there so still, which was mentioned previously as a bit unusual.

Thoughts anyone? :confused:

:p

I've been wondering about that video though .... how did the person taking it know to start the video JUST BEFORE the girl pulled down her pants???

I smell a rat! That could also be why she was lying there so still, which was mentioned previously as a bit unusual.

Thoughts anyone? :confused:

:p

There are 2 videos of this that I have found. One starts at the beginning and the other starts bout half way through. They were taken by 2 different people. I think it's legit.

Strangest thing I ever saw was actually on a Carnival ship.

While exploring the ship with my brother prior to sail away, we spotted a woman who weighed 300# if she was an ounce. She was wearing a giant t-shirt that said "FEED THE WORLD". The irony was too much!

Wouldn't you know it, but when we showed up to our table for dinner that night, there she was! Every night at dinner she ate 2 complete dinners, plus 2 desserts. One night at dinner she tells the waiter " I don't know what I want, I've had a full feeling all day." So she orders 2 dinners, but tells the waiter to hold the vegetables on one of them. Somehow, she managed to still find room for the 2 desserts.

I didn't know anyone was still commenting on this thread. It makes me think though. As an overweight person who is going on a cruise next week, I wonder if my activities will be monitored and viewed as "weird" by someone...and then posted here. I better be careful.

Archived