Free on board credit --- for us!

Okay, now that I have your attention.... :D. We took advantage of the FCC and so we will have $100 on board credit waiting for us. Then, we were some of the lucky few who got in on the Mastercard OBC. There's another $50 waiting for now. NOW, our DS and DIL just sent us $150 in Funship dollars to take with us!!! It was a Xmas present from them. $300 total!!!! Now keep in mind, with the exception of the tips, our bill rarely surpasses $50. We're gonna have some fun this time.

Oh, and I used points to get our pre-cruise hotel for only $25. We booked an inside room instead of our usual balcony. AND, since we are Delta American Express card holders, our checked luggage is free!

We also book non ship excursions to save money.

Nice, eh?

If you own 100 shares of Carnival Corporation, you get an OBC everytime you sail on any of their companies, Carnival, Princess, HAL, etc. The amount depends on the length of the cruise.

Less than 7 days = $50

7-13 days = $100

14+ days = $250

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I logged on to my Norweign cruise web site and it says I have $600 on board credit. I have no idea why. Is it a gimmick, is it really a coupon book worth $600. I leave on Aug 31 so I will let you know when I get back.

If you own 100 shares of Carnival Corporation, you get an OBC everytime you sail on any of their companies, Carnival, Princess, HAL, etc. The amount depends on the length of the cruise.

Less than 7 days = $50

7-13 days = $100

14+ days = $250

oh wow.. that's pretty good.. i'll have to check it out .. thanks for posting

I logged on to my Norweign cruise web site and it says I have $600 on board credit. I have no idea why. Is it a gimmick, is it really a coupon book worth $600. I leave on Aug 31 so I will let you know when I get back.

If its on the website, it's no joke. :D

Are you booked in a suite? Did you pay for that suite with an American Express card? If yes to both, that would account for $500 OBC right there.

Coupon books can be printed but they don't show up as OBC.

Edit: I just realized she is on her cruise right now. Oops. lol. Hope she's having fun!

Edited by Hopes4

I guess you are on the ship now.

It sounds real but I guess you'll confirm that when you return.

Keith

Woo! Way to go with the savings! I'll have to look into doing that sort of stuff for my next cruise. We are looking into celebrity and waiting for a sale so that we could potentially get more credit, then looking into TA to transfer the booking to for more!!

Oddly, on previous Norwegian cruises, we too have had random OBC show up..thoough nothing in the amount of $600, more like $30, which is still great.

• 2 weeks later...
oh wow.. that's pretty good.. i'll have to check it out .. thanks for posting

to bad the shares are 37.39 a piece so you would be spending over a 1/4 million to get 100-250. if you have the money for 100 shares then you aren't worried about having obc.

Royal Caribbean also has a sharholder benefit program:

Any shareholder holding a minimum of 100 RCL shares (today´s value 3,000.00 USD) at time of sailing is eligible for

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 10 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 9 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

Applicable on any Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises Sailings. (excludes Celebrity Xpeditions)

You may request this benefit multiple times-as often as you sail on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises (excludes Celebrity Xpedition).

Now, for an investment of about 3,000 $, that is a pretty good interest rate :)

Especially considering that the 3 grand are not gone, but provide a pretty conservative, “safe” investment. (That is, of course, unless Royal Caribbean starts hiring Italian captains :))

I requested the benefit for a cruise and received a 200 $ Onboard Credit within 24 hours.

Oliver

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I served in the army. Does this qualify me, or is it only recently returning vets?

I'd like to know also. I served in the WAC's a long, long, time ago.

Not sure about all the cruise lines, but on Princess you would qualify for the military OBC as long as you are either active duty or previously served. You do need to complete the appropriate form and send in a copy of either your DD 214 (your discharge paperwork) or front and back of your military ID.

My Dad is a vet and always gets his military OBC. With both the military OBC and shareholders OBC, you could end up with $500 OBC for a 14+ day cruise.

Hey I saw your post about obc for your hubby if they are a vet. My husband is a disabled vet and I checked about this and no one seems to know about this at carnival. How do you get this promotion? Thanks so much.

Bonnie

And if you or hubby is a vet, you get 250 for a 14 day cruise. It's like free money for a little bit of legwork.

Info for veteran OBC on Princess for those interested:

http://govarm.com/military-specials/Military%20Benefits%20Request%20Form.pdf

I don't see where a lot of cruise lines offer OBC, but many offer a military discount on some sailings.

I served in the army. Does this qualify me, or is it only recently returning vets?

I'd like to know also. I served in the WAC's a long, long, time ago.

Maybe you qualify. Most cruiselines require the veteran to have served at least 20 years if they aren't on active duty, or be 100% disabled, be medically retired, or veterans with an honorable discharge who served a minimum of 2 years, or who served in an active war zone, in any of the United States service divisions qualify. You need to read the specifics for your cruiseline.

Edited by 6rugrats

A VET is a VET forever and all the lines honor you all for your service to our country. You will get special OBC and also check out the discounts you can get when you book. Some lines give them almost all the time, others all the time but only on certain ships and certain sailings. It is worth looking around for the best deals. Then several times a year there are special friend and family deals where you can book some additional cabins as linked with yours and your friends/family can get a nice discount too. I thank you all for your service to America.

Has anyone had luck getting OBC with Celebrity? We're cruising with them for 12 days in June 2013 and haven't run into any opportunity to get any so far.

I have $350 upcoming for our cruise in April. $100 of it was because of buying a future cruise credit and I got $250 from the agency we used. There have been a couple promotions, but the price of the cruise also went up to cover it:eek:. For our December 2013 cruise, we used a TA that was in our roll call and he gave us an amazing price for AQ along with dinner and wine in a specialty, plus my friend and I have the friends and family $100 credit from the second credit I bought while onboard....it paid us not to take the OBC for that one. Celebrity doesn't seem to offer it as much....we take the time to shop for what we want.

• 1 month later...

adgtravel -

Have your TA submit/fax your husband's DD214 to Princess. Once Princess has this on record, it is automatically applied to future cruises. DH got OBC for two back-to-back cruises last December, and now we are booked for Hawaii/Tahiti and it's noted on my copy from the TA and Princess.

Your husband will receive an OBC that will appear on the ship board account. If both in the same cabin are former military, then both will receive the OBC.

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill

• 1 month later...
Not sure about all the cruise lines, but on Princess you would qualify for the military OBC as long as you are either active duty or previously served. You do need to complete the appropriate form and send in a copy of either your DD 214 (your discharge paperwork) or front and back of your military ID.

My Dad is a vet and always gets his military OBC. With both the military OBC and shareholders OBC, you could end up with $500 OBC for a 14+ day cruise.

Wonderful to know - hubby is a vet. NCL this year & I think Princess next year. Will have TA check for any extra credits this year, although since we have a "group booking", I'm not sure.