People's least favourite NCL cruise?

laxlove6

LaxLove: i would have to say that's the one that looks the least appealing. I've yet to do that cruise but i wanted to do the Breakaway and i believe that's one of the itineraries-Port Canaveral, Bahamas...really?!:eek::cool: Not interested *ugh*

see for me any european cruise is a turn off because they are so expensive And I can easily book a flight and a hotel for less. Baltic would be the worst for me, followed closely by whatever itinerary that costa ship was doing :eek:

I wouldnt mind florida and the bahamas at all

see for me any european cruise is a turn off because they are so expensive And I can easily book a flight and a hotel for less. Baltic would be the worst for me, followed closely by whatever itinerary that costa ship was doing :eek:

I wouldnt mind florida and the bahamas at all

Last year we paid $800 each for a balcony on the Epic Med. Cruise. We could never stay and been fed in Europe for that. Having never been to Italy before, it was a great experience.

I would guess being in the UK would mean your travels usually would take you through Europe, so heading to the carribbean would be much more appealing.

We've done the NYC - Bahamas cruise twice already and heading for a third next month. I agree, not the best itinerary, but do love leaving out of NYC. The ship is the destination on that one, for sure.

Mine would be the NYC-Florida-Bahamas cruise.

Other then leaving from NYC which is very nice, the ports are terrible and the weather is bad for half the year.

I'm not a big fan of the bahamas either and I sailed there in feb one year and it wound up being cold to boot.

That sailing was on the Sky and we still had a blast despite the fact that it was the Bahamas and it was cold. It was the best short (under 7 day) cruise I have ever had.

We learned a lesson from that and another February cruise that was cooler than we'd have liked...when sailing in february, book a southern caribbean itinerary!!

For me it's the Canada/New England cruises... Being from Connecticut... Why would this appeal to me when I could drive this itinerary?

Regarding the Florida Bahamas itinerary... I used to agree with some of the opinions, but now look at that itinerary as a great opportunity to do the "stay aboard the empty ship while in port" thing.... Which can certainly have it's advantages! You can usually get a really good deal on a great cabin on those cruises and leaving from NYC there is no airfare...which is really nice.

suite cruiser - you are right, a vacation in italy is expensive. we can get cheap deals to spain and turkey, but italy and france would take some planning. a city break might be okay for a weekend but not for a week. so a european cruise isnt so expensive when I think about it. ( and being on a ship is way better than a cheap hotel room )

But I love the caribbean and bahamas so any cruise there would be fine. Id rather pay the extra for the airfare to America.

agree that when you take all the meals and entertainment into account, cruiseing is actually better value.

cruiseing to some place cold doesnt appeal to me either, I need sunshine and rum punch

and vacations from the uk to bahamas - considered very, should I say exclusive? its just that they are not marketed in our travel brosures so much so are considered to be like a once in a lifetime kinda thing, but you can go to the bahamas anytime. And we cant get direct flights to all of the caribbean islands , so a caribbean cruise is very appealing. Id never be able to find a package deal to most of those places.

For us it's not the destination, but the timing. You couldn't make me take a spring break cruise again. We thought "families" and didn't consider the number of "big kids" on their first trip without mom and dad. Booked a hotel to use between disembarkation and late afternoon flight so we could finally sleep.

I enjoy the NY cruise. I dont think the ports are that spectacular but I go because of the convenience of leaving a few blocks from my home. I am also not much of a tourist so I usually hang out on the ship and dont leave until its time to disembark. Its a convenient way to relax

I went on a Western Carribean on the Wind with about 1500 Mormons. I didn't like that trip. They spent the whole time having prayer meetings in the theater and this was a ship they stretched and it was a pain to have to navigate around the theater that they had closed all the time.

The worst cruise ever was a 4 night Bahamas from Miami. 2/3 of the ship a charter for a drug company with meetings in most public rooms day and evening. It started to rain at noon the first day in Nassau and never stopped until we were back in FL. The weather was so bad a freighter ran around at the entrance to the harbor so the captain took us 10 miles off shore shut down the engines and we rocked in 20 foot seas. You never saw so many sea sick passengers. The rain let up late afternoon the last day and yes we were anchored at GSC. We took a tender in, make foot prints in the wet sand as the only passengers there, and returned on the same tender. That was my first and last 3/4 night cruise. A couple days of rain and your vacation is ruined.

It is interesting to see several people didn't like hawaii, that was our very favorite of five NCL cruises. Very port intensive and so beautiful, with whales following the ship. My least favorite was the Sun in March. Too many spring brake "big" kids and partying. Also, missed two of four ports due to weather/medical emergency.

Least favorite of the cruises we've taken - None. Loved every one of them. May not have cared much for a port during some of them, but it did not bring down the enjoyment of the whole cruise.

Itineraries I'm not interested in - There are two. A cruise to nowhere and the Mexican Riviera. Cannot see myself ever doing a CTN, but may end up doing a MR if my travel companion(s) want that itinerary...but it's gonna cost them :p:D.

Transatlantic or West coast of USA to Hawaii. At Sea days are fine but five in a row or more, a little too much of a good thing. Maybe I will like them when I win the lottery and retire. (I know people love them, the boats always sail full)

We loved Hawaii and hope to do a B2B POA or other Hawaii NCL cruise.

Other non-NCL lines have a cruise from the west coast of the USA to Hawaii and back to the West coast. For a bonus, you get to stop on the return trip in Ensenada, Mexico. The cruise is 4 to 5 sea days to Hawaii and 4 to 5 sea days back from Hawaii and a stop in Ensenada, Mexico to be legal. If I go to Hawaii, I want to spend more than 4 days on the islands.

Sorry that I want not more clear in my original post.

I liked the Poa and Hawaii. It is a great sampler for those to decide on which Island they want to go back to for a land Vacation.

Ive never had a bad cruise so no least favorite:confused:

Archived