Can't wait for "Spirit to Hawaii" reviews

anjoliza

Spirit is arriving back today from a 15 day cruise to Hawaii. I am doing the same cruise in April and am very excited to start reading the reviews and hopefully seeing some pictures!!

Did you find the sea days crossing the ocean rough?

Any particularly fun thing to do on the sea days?

Any exceptional tours or sites to see on the islands?

Inquiring minds want to know! :D :rolleyes:

Copies of the Fun Times would also be appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Bill

Spirit is arriving back today from a 15 day cruise to Hawaii. I am doing the same cruise in April and am very excited to start reading the reviews and hopefully seeing some pictures!!

Did you find the sea days crossing the ocean rough?

Any particularly fun thing to do on the sea days?

Any exceptional tours or sites to see on the islands?

Inquiring minds want to know! :D :rolleyes:

Copies of the Fun Times would also be appreciated!!

Thanks!!

We're on the April cruise as well and can't wait to read the reviews too!

:cool:Bill

We just got off the Spirit yesterday and while we had fun, the ship is not well maintained. There are many areas on the ship that need upgrading. The sea days were fine but not as many activities planned as usual. The same movies were shown over and over. Embarkation was awful and getting off the ship for a Carnival sponsored excursion was a joke. It was very disorganized. There are chairs in the atrium that most people would have put in the trash. We did not get to use the slide but the production crew and staff did get to use it. It did not seem fair. We are glad we went but things could have been much better. We have been on many Carnival cruises and this was by far the most disorganized of all.

We just got off the Spirit yesterday and while we had fun, the ship is not well maintained. There are many areas on the ship that need upgrading. The sea days were fine but not as many activities planned as usual. The same movies were shown over and over. Embarkation was awful and getting off the ship for a Carnival sponsored excursion was a joke. It was very disorganized. There are chairs in the atrium that most people would have put in the trash. We did not get to use the slide but the production crew and staff did get to use it. It did not seem fair. We are glad we went but things could have been much better. We have been on many Carnival cruises and this was by far the most disorganized of all.

Well, that's not the type of review I wanted to to hear!!

I imagine they were still trying to get used to things after drydock. I also don't imagine everything gets replaced in drydock. Or, maybe the new chairs didn't arrive in time. I can understand about the slide, I'm sure they wanted to make sure that everything was working right and there were no problems before allowing the guests to use it. One of the drawbacks of going on a ship right after drydock.

Whatever the case, I'm sure I will love it. Some cruises are better than others but just being on a cruise is good enough for me.

we sailed a carnival ship across the pacific to hawaii that also came out of dry dock.. they hadn't finished, so they kept working on her as we sailed.

it was quite annoying.

There are 1 or 2 reviews that I seen for my Dec 2, 2011 sailing and unfortunately i cant seem to find Anymore.

Honestly I don't write reviews because is time consuming for me nonetheless would I write one for a 15 day cruise.

But I'll be more than glad to answer any questions you may have. I still have memory of all 15 days.:)

There are 1 or 2 reviews that I seen for my Dec 2, 2011 sailing and unfortunately i cant seem to find Anymore.

Honestly I don't write reviews because is time consuming for me nonetheless would I write one for a 15 day cruise.

But I'll be more than glad to answer any questions you may have. I still have memory of all 15 days.:)

Thank you! Is there a new outdoor BBQ place?

Did all the rooms get new carpet and flat screen TVs?

There is one review on the member review section from the front page of Cruise Critic, folks! :D

Thank you! Is there a new outdoor BBQ place?

Did all the rooms get new carpet and flat screen TVs?

There is one review on the member review section from the front page of Cruise Critic, folks! :D

Silvercrikhix,

I was on the 12/2/2011 sailing which occured before the drydock. Not sure if these features were added afterwards.

Didn't it just have a dry dock?????????:confused:

How can ship be in this conditon after a dry dock??

:( *sigh*

What do they do, throw in a slide and then let everything that's rotting away remain on the ship?

I was very worried about activities on sea days because there are SO many of them...

Thank goodness I'm going with a large group.

Hoping for more feedback/reviews.....

There are now 3 member reviews from the post dry dock sailing, accessible from the front page of cruise critic. They are all 3 NOT GOOD! :mad:

Seems I may have to lower my expectations even further.:(

I already am OK with the food complaints. I have had it and didn't starve by any means, even though it's not as good as what I was used to...however the service complaints as well as the reviewers that are saying the scheduled activities/shows were lacking has me bummed. You'd think for a cruise with 9 sea days they'd make an effort. :rolleyes:

I'm also not thrilled that yet another reviewer is surprised that the ship is just out of dry dock because it's condition doesn't reflect that.

It's all good....I know what to expect and I will have a good time anyway. :) It's a cruise after all.

I will be on the Spirit in Sept. for 29 days from Vancouver to Sydney. The Spirit has been my fave Carnival ship (4 sailings)...however, my last 2 Carnival cruises have been less than stellar (1 on the Spirit), so my expectations aren't super high.

But I am going solo and the price for a balcony (7a) was good, so I am really going more for the itinerary and not the ship.

Luckily, several friends are also sailing, so I doubt there will ever be a lack of entertainment. I also load up my Ipad with games, movies, and books (Kindle too), so I doubt I will be bored. I am perfectly happy sitting out on the balcony with a book and cocktail.

As far as food, I am sure I will find enough to keep me happy. I have "my time" dining, but I forsee myself probably just grabbing something quick on the Lido most of the time. I find it hard to sit through a 2 hour dinner anymore and I usually like a few small meals throughout the day, rather than big ones.

I am at my daughter's house right now (patiently awaiting birth of the first grandchild) and we did walk down to the pier to take pictures of the Green Thunder on the 4th....it looks pretty cool, but I may need a couple of beers before I think about giving it a try...LOL

So, with all that being said, I know my expectations, but still plan on having a lifetime dream come true going to Australia.

I will be on the Spirit in Sept. for 29 days from Vancouver to Sydney.

I am at my daughter's house right now (patiently awaiting birth of the first grandchild)

Hi Deb,

My first grandchild, a little girl, was born in November. She is beautiful. Hope all goes well for yours. Lucky you going to Sydney.

I am on the April Hawaii trip too so following along the reports.

Hey Mary,

Mine is going to be a girl also...as you know, I was originally on the April trip, but couldn't pass up Australia. Congrats on your new Granddaughter too!!

Some people on our Australia trip are on the Spirit right now, so will get all the skinny from them when they get back.

Archived