Ice cream, free or not?

cutetrill

So, is the ice cream bar on princess ships free or is there a charge, I've been seeing conflicting reports on this subject mostly because I think of policy changes. So has anyone been on a princess ship recently and know wether there is a charge for this or not and how much per scoop? Princess's website is not helpful as under the column of whether there is a charge or not it states N/A. Seriously what does that mean lol

So, is the ice cream bar on princess ships free or is there a charge, I've been seeing conflicting reports on this subject mostly because I think of policy changes. So has anyone been on a princess ship recently and know wether there is a charge for this or not and how much per scoop? Princess's website is not helpful as under the column of whether there is a charge or not it states N/A. Seriously what does that mean lol

The ice cream at the ice cream bar is absolutely free. The gelato in the International Cafe cost 1.50 for 3 scoops.

There really should be no conflicting discussion, since the ice cream charge was eliminated more than a year ago. N/A to me infers the question is moot. Ergo.......no charge. :)

Not always true. We discovered in the Panama Canal if they make too much of the ice cream of the day the night before it's sometimes sent to Scoops around lunchtime while it lasts :)

The only free ice cream at the Ice Cream stand is soft-serve.

The only free Real ice cream is in MDR

Srpilo

On the Sapphire Princess the creamy homemade sherbets and Ice creams that are scooped are served free on the dinner dessert menu.

Soft serve cones are free at the "Cones" Ice cream bar by the pool. Milk shakes are not free.

Sapphire Princess does not have the Jellato in the International Cafe.

Soft serve cones/dish at the ice cream bar are free.

Malts at the ice cream bar were $1.99+gratuity.

There are other hard pack items at the ice cream bar for a fee.

Ice cream, sherbet, etc. free in MDR.

Gelato is $1.50 for 3 scoops in the IC on some ships.

There may be other instances, ship by ship, where it's offered for free.

A note about ice cream in the MDR. If you see it's offered, get it. Even if you don't; ask for some. You can get whatever other dessert also.

AFAIK, there's ice cream on the dessert menu each and every night.

On our last cruise, lots of us lined up in the Horizon Cafe each afternoon, where they would serve ice cream. There were always two choices and always free. I believe it was at 3:30.

When was your last cruise? I ask because we have not found this to be the case on any of our last three cruises with Princess during the past year and a half. We used to enjoy the afternoon sundae bar in the Horizon Court but have not found it offered for some time now.

When was your last cruise? I ask because we have not found this to be the case on any of our last three cruises with Princess during the past year and a half. We used to enjoy the afternoon sundae bar in the Horizon Court but have not found it offered for some time now.

Like yourself, we haven't seen ice cream served in the Horizon in a very long time- Probably ever since they started to serve the imitation soft ice cream for free.

Since this thread is here does anyone know the current policy on the Sea Princess,

I see Sundaes Ice Cream Bar located on deck 12. Is this location free or fee ?

The soft serve is free at the Ice Cream Bar on deck 12 on the Sea Princess. They also have free icecream that they describe as "hard icecream" in vanilla and chocolate only, but you have to specify this. This is available in cones if you wish. All free.

The soft serve is free at the Ice Cream Bar on deck 12 on the Sea Princess. They also have free icecream that they describe as "hard icecream" in vanilla and chocolate only, but you have to specify this. This is available in cones if you wish. All free.

On the Grand, we got bowls from the buffet and asked the Scoops people to put our hard-pack chocolate in them rather than in a cone. No problem.

On the Grand, we got bowls from the buffet and asked the Scoops people to put our hard-pack chocolate in them rather than in a cone. No problem.

From time to time the hard packed ice cream is available at Scoops but you never know when. I just gave up asking on out last trip.

They do keep the sugar free hard ice cream in stock but that's because not to many people actually want it.

This may be a moot point, but when I was on the Sea Princess, May '10, they served ice cream (free) in the afternoon in the Horizon Court. I realize, of course, that many things may have changed since then - probably several times.

This may be a moot point, but when I was on the Sea Princess, May '10, they served ice cream (free) in the afternoon in the Horizon Court. I realize, of course, that many things may have changed since then - probably several times.

Yes, things have changed. :D I have already posted where icecream is available on the Sea Princess two weeks ago. I do not think it will have changed in that short time.

Ice cream has not been available in the Horizon Court for well over a year.

Archived