very impressed with NCL fans

gweeptrish

I realize this contributes nothing to the discussion of NCL as a whole but I just wanted to say that this is the nicest, most polite and tolerant board I've ever participated in, and I've been on the internet since rocks were soft (1991).

So whatever else NCL does or doesn't do, they sure seem to attract a good kind of people.

I realize this contributes nothing to the discussion of NCL as a whole but I just wanted to say that this is the nicest, most polite and tolerant board I've ever participated in, and I've been on the internet since rocks were soft (1991).

So whatever else NCL does or doesn't do, they sure seem to attract a good kind of people.

I have to agree! I've spent most of my time on another board & there's an amazing amount of negativity. I'm not seeing nearly as much of that here............

From the very first time I took a cruise on NCL, I knew I had found my home and that I would cruise over and over again with them. (Of course I would like to cruise more)

I found that everyone on the ship was laid back and friendly. It did not seem to matter where anyone came from, what color their skin was, what language they spoke or how much money they had. Everyone seemed equal and willing to sit and chat with everyone. I find that same attitude here on the NCL board.

NCL folks rock !!!

Well, what a very nice statement to make!

You're very nice to say that... but my first thought after reading this was, "What board is he/she talking about???? Not THIS one!" :D I guess we all have our moments. But, I have fun with these folks over here. Welcome!

You know, as I think about this, there is a definite difference on these boards vs RCCL or CCL, where it all seems to be in-fighting over who's more loyal to whose preferred cruise line.

NCL just isn't like that. We like the experience, without worrying about what others think.

I consider it an honor to be among those who are like minded here. And, because of that, I will sail NCL again, soon.

You should try meeting us Cruise Critic board participants in person! We are the nicest bunch, the happiest and most satisfied of all passengers on any cruise ship line out there.

We have met and gained the most fantastic friends during the Cruise Critic meet and greet. Everyone just gets along and having fun aboard the cruise ship, although how can you not.

But as far as being an NCL fan, the line has the most to offer us. And everyone we've run into agrees, and it helps that we all are enthusiastic about going on cruises, too.

The point is that NCL rocks the house.

This is the only forum I have ever participated in.

The first year I posted a couple of questions. I received wonderful helpful advice. Never figuring I would cruise again, I didn't return until my next cruise was booked for some more wonderful advice.

Then I made the mistake of giving my opinion (which was different than most regular CC posters thoughts) on what I've now learned was a hot topic. Boy did I get flamed. Which I have to admit took me aback a little and stopped me from posting for a bit.

But after reading for a while, I learned that these same posters that flamed me had a real helpful and friendly side and obviously were just passionate about that subject. And yes some were very protective of the cruise line they love.

So that gave me the courage to start posting regularly and voice my opinion whether some agree or not. And discovered that I too have some topics that I am passionate in one direction. I have had some wonderful conversations with NCL posters and would love to sail with them and meet them in person.

And along with everything else NCL has to offer, their passengers that post on here has helped make me an NCL supporter and taught me more about cruising than I ever would have thought that I could even know.

I will add to the kudos-- I have really only followed the NCL board since I joined CC 18 months ago. Now DS thinks he needs to try out the water slide on one of the new DCL ships, so I popped over there a few days ago with a question. I have had ONE response in all that time! So I have to say that I really appreciate that when you ask a question on the NCL board, you will get several answers and get them quickly! Thanks, folks!! :D

I will add to the kudos-- I have really only followed the NCL board since I joined CC 18 months ago. Now DS thinks he needs to try out the water slide on one of the new DCL ships, so I popped over there a few days ago with a question. I have had ONE response in all that time! So I have to say that I really appreciate that when you ask a question on the NCL board, you will get several answers and get them quickly! Thanks, folks!! :D

OK that could say something else about the NCL board. We have more CC addicts over here? We don't have a life outside of CC? We are just a lot mouthier? ;) :D

I do agree that overall, this is a much more mellow board. However, prior to my first NCL cruise I asked about food and was told five different ways by one poster that I shouldn't be asking because food was subjective. Well duh, I was excited about my first NCL cruise and just curious/asking for opinions. I eventually had to put him on ignore.

This is the only forum I have ever participated in.

The first year I posted a couple of questions. I received wonderful helpful advice. Never figuring I would cruise again, I didn't return until my next cruise was booked for some more wonderful advice.

Then I made the mistake of giving my opinion (which was different than most regular CC posters thoughts) on what I've now learned was a hot topic. Boy did I get flamed. Which I have to admit took me aback a little and stopped me from posting for a bit.

But after reading for a while, I learned that these same posters that flamed me had a real helpful and friendly side and obviously were just passionate about that subject. And yes some were very protective of the cruise line they love.

So that gave me the courage to start posting regularly and voice my opinion whether some agree or not. And discovered that I too have some topics that I am passionate in one direction. I have had some wonderful conversations with NCL posters and would love to sail with them and meet them in person.

And along with everything else NCL has to offer, their passengers that post on here has helped make me an NCL supporter and taught me more about cruising than I ever would have thought that I could even know.

Funny you should say this. I believe we have disagreed at times and yet I also believe we agree 95% (at least) of the time and would get along quite well...

I have found this board to be mostly helpful. The few who post "do a search" rather than either ignore the question or give an answer are the only ones not helpful.

I definitely thank the OP for such kind comments!

I have found this board to be mostly helpful. The few who post "do a search" rather than either ignore the question or give an answer are the only ones not helpful.

I admit. I've done that...but usually when there are 3 threads on the same question on the first page. I've decided to be more helpful while ALSO being passive/aggressive ( :) ) by instead posting several links to similar threads. :D Gets them their answer and hopefully a "oh..it's been asked before" aha moment.

I agree with the sentiments here. There are sometimes trolls that come in bash the line and disappear, but for the most part people are very helpful and considerate in their answers. There are, however, some hot topics for sure..and for each of those some people on each side of the fence that will rattle sabers each time the topic comes up (smoking, DSC, Epic bathrooms, etc.)

I admit. I've done that...but usually when there are 3 threads on the same question on the first page. I've decided to be more helpful while ALSO being passive/aggressive ( :) ) by instead posting several links to similar threads. :D Gets them their answer and hopefully a "oh..it's been asked before" aha moment.

I agree with the sentiments here. There are sometimes trolls that come in bash the line and disappear, but for the most part people are very helpful and considerate in their answers. There are, however, some hot topics for sure..and for each of those some people on each side of the fence that will rattle sabers each time the topic comes up (smoking, DSC, Epic bathrooms, etc.)

Yes I've found it a much better idea to just post the links. That way if they are truly interested in the topic but just are either new to forums or can't figure out the searches. They have it right at their finger tips and much more helpful.

The truth is we have all had a few too many cocktails.

LOL!!

I think (and I could be wrong..) that part of the reason that the NCL boards are so awesome here is that when someone posts a problem, issue or negative remark that NCL feels they can remedy, they jump on here and help the poster out.

This amazing customer service diffuses any situation/post/thread here that on any other board, will ALWAYS get out of hand.

That, and we all have had too many cocktails :D

Shhhhhhhh... I have a secret. One of the BIGGEST reasons my husband and I cruise NCL are THE PEOPLE. Two NCL cruises (so far) and 2 groups of some of the nicest people and fun times. There are some meanies on here, and some NCL cheerleaders who take offense to any small critique, but for the most part there are lots of really nice people.

I completely agree with ya!

Seamonster,

If you google disney cruise discussion board you might come across a better link to answer your question. I have popped into that discussion forum once in a while and they are more total disney than here over on C.C.

Archived