McDonalds on board

I would rather eat a McDonals burger over a WJ burger. Just saying.

So would I..........WJ burgers are disgusting. Much more so than a McD's burger and likely less quality of beef if thats even possible.

With that said, I dont care to see a McDonalds on a Royal Caribbean ship...........Especially when Carnival has Guy Fieris "Guys Burger Joint" on some of their ships.

You went to Vegas and picked McDonalds over Fat Burger!!:D

I was going to say "you went to Vegas and picked McDonalds (Burger King) over In-N-Out Burger!!?" :D

(We're visiting LV in a few weeks, and am looking forward to In-N-Out Burger. Used to live in SoCal).

Nope, haven't eaten at a McDonald's in about 10 years on land, wouldn't want it on a ship.

Let's not even discuss this anymore:mad:,,,McDonalds never gets any of our money,,,don't like fast food that's overcooked....

Part of the fun of a cruise is getting my kids to experience something different and out of the ordinary. We don't go to fancy restaurants on a regular basis, so seeing them excited about eating in the main dining room and trying things they normally don't get on land was fun. Yes my son ate mac and cheese for the first two nights, but when we convinced him to try the adult menu he loved it. Why would you trade that for chicken nuggets and cheese burgers?

That is why we took them on a cruise, to try new things, see new places, talk to people from different cultures and make family memories.....McDonalds will still be there when they get off the ship;)

I don't eat there on land.....I'd never pay for it on a ship.

Me too, though I wouldn't mind if other people wanted to have a McDonald's. The joy of RCI's ships is that there is something for everybody.

I would rather eat a McDonals burger over a WJ burger. Just saying.

I would have to agree with this, but I still don't need or want McDonald's on a cruise ship. To answer the OP, NO I would not eat there on a ship!;)

I wouldn't mind snacking on their fries, but for burgers I'd vote for In & Out! As a resident of FL that would be really nice since we don't have any out our way

I find the fries in the Windjammer to be pretty good....actually verysimilar to McDnald's which I have to admit are tasty!:)

Our rule of thumb is, don't eat at places on vacation that you can eat at back home. And as far as a cruise ship, really??? Like I need to waste calories on that dreck???? I would much rather use the calories on decent food and good desserts (I know some aren't great but some are).

Erika

First of all I don't see the difference between Johnny Rockets and McDonalds. We ate at JR on our last cruise and it was like being served one large bucket of grease.

And of course everybody on Cruise Critic lives in Utopia -- they would never eat at a McDonalds; they would never shop at a Walmart.

Well somebody must eat there, I would think. McDonalds has been the fastest growing and expanding restaurant chain since the economic crisis started in 2008.

And if nobody would be caught dead shopping at Walmart, how did it get to be the largest and most profitable store not only in the United States, but in the whole world?

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

First of all I don't see the difference between Johnny Rockets and McDonalds. We ate at JR on our last cruise and it was like being served one large bucket of grease.

And of course everybody on Cruise Critic lives in Utopia -- they would never eat at a McDonalds; they would never shop at a Walmart.

Well somebody must eat there, I would think. McDonalds has been the fastest growing and expanding restaurant chain since the economic crisis started in 2008.

And if nobody would be caught dead shopping at Walmart, how did it get to be the largest and most profitable store not only in the United States, but in the whole world?

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

I have to agree

Also, why do most of the passengers look like they only eat fast food?

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

You make some very valid points.

took the curmudgen point of view. Folks are on a cruise...if they eat at MickeyD's at home or show Wal-Mart at home....Isn't the basic idea of any vacation to get away?

I wold prefer they raised fares by $100 and improved the MDR.

I would not even board a ship that had a Mcdonalds on it........

What is the difference between that and Johnny Rockets though? Both are fast food establishments that serve up food that is basically terrible for you.

Singing waiters and a 50's style diner decor does not take that fact away unfortunately :)

This does NOT mean Im all for a McD's on board a Royal Caribbean ship. Im just sayin :)

Definitely not McDonalds ... if some sort of burger joint were in the offing, I'd suggest something a bit more, ummm, "better" in terms of quality ... "5 Guys" ... "Carl's Jr." ... "In-n-Out Burger" ... you get the drift.

And I'm lucky enough to work in New York City, where going to Peter Lugar's for one of their burgers for lunch is a possibility ... now *THOSE* are a sexual experience.

Michael

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

I will go into a Walmart but I DON'T eat at a McDonald's. I love the cheeseburgers at Outback, and this is where we go for our burger fix.

Laura

Rather broad statement. I usually find your posts informative and full of good information but with this post you really are off base.

Have not stepped foot into or eaten food from a McDonalds in more years than I can remember.

Archived