who was your favorite cruise director and why?

I've only been on one cruise so I have no basis for comparison but I sailed in May and had Arpin and Cudsworth. From other comments on favorite cruise directors I have a feeling Arpin isn't flashy by comparison, doesn't really have a trademark that sets him apart and isn't overly visible. That said I found him to be really professional and a good communicator. He has some corny jokes but for the most part he seems like he's comfortable being more behind the scenes and letting his staff shine...

Which brings me to Cuddy. I personally loved the guy. Bright, funny, a big ole bundle of energy and a wannabe sex symbol lol. During the Village people bit on the Promenade he was the construction worker and he was on the prowl to dance with any woman who was in his way. My wife turned red and was praying he wouldn't make it to her and he didn't. I was cracking up but I can see some more conservative folks finding him a bit raunchy I suppose. He was pretty visible throughout the sailing though and very personable.

Thank you for your remarks regarding Jeff Arpin and Cuddy Cudsworth.

My favorites are( were) Richard Spacey and Hello Clo, Clodagh ... she is Irish( spelling of name please correct me) form the May 2015 Brilliance transatlantic. Clo is the female version of Richard Spacey! She is so funny and her personality is great. She is everywhere and is joking with everyone. If you think trivia is boring not any more, with Clo. She was looking at the pedicures of all the passengers and asking them to model for the crowds!

Just got off Independence with Leigh and I honestly don't know if I like him or hate him. sometimes I thought "this guy is OK" but other times though "what an A-hole".

His "day in the life of a cruise director" little video they made was funny though. And his tour of the bowels of the ship with Phil the engineer guy was pretty educational.

Gordon (can't remember his last name) on the EOS and the Radiance (filling in temporarily). He's retired now. British guy and very well organized and kept the CD staff hoping boy. Joff Eaton is a close second.

Perhaps you're thinking of Gordon Whatman ........

Joff Eaton.

Supremely professional, a great team leader, genuinely cares for his guests and not afraid to amuse at his own expense.

We've cruised with him a few times and the first time we had him (and his wife Amber) it was a breath of fresh air.

Henry :)

I have a few: Bobby Brown and John Blair. They are friendly and spend time talking to guests around the ship. Others put on a good show, and are good at their jobs, but when the lights on the stage goes out, they tend to disappear.

Also, I was extremely impressed by Carlos on the Majesty the last time I was on the ship. He was at almost every activity and he was full of energy. It was a short cruise, so I didn't have a chance to speak with him, but would like to see him again on another cruise.

We cruised Radiance in July with Amy, and she was awesome! Super nice and a lot of fun. We saw her a lot around the ship. We ended up winning the Love and Marriage game show, and in addition to doing a great job as host she was very personable and easy going.

It was also the last cruise with Darryl as Activites Manager and the two of them together were hilarious. The morning shows were always fun to watch.

I have to go back a few years. My favorite was Matt Baker. He started every show on his harmonica and did the best Austin Powers impression I have seen. RCI lost him to NCL.

Totally agree, the only cruise director who entertained us to the extent that we mentioned him post cruise.

Edited by Mac303

I have a few: Bobby Brown and John Blair. They are friendly and spend time talking to guests around the ship. Others put on a good show, and are good at their jobs, but when the lights on the stage goes out, they tend to disappear.

Also, I was extremely impressed by Carlos on the Majesty the last time I was on the ship. He was at almost every activity and he was full of energy. It was a short cruise, so I didn't have a chance to speak with him, but would like to see him again on another cruise.

Carlos Torres does rank among my top 3 CD's. He is all over Her Majesty....and would probably find a way to be very visible even on a bigger ship with more venues. He will get his opportunity for a different ship, because when Her Majesty moves to PC after her upcoming drydock, Mark Walker is expected to be the CD for a while, until he retires from Royal.