who was your favorite cruise director and why?

Abe Hughes on The Rhapsody approx. 7 years ago. Sweet, accesible, sincere, funny, not alway "on" and so adorable I always wanted to ruffle his hair when I saw him. I hear he's working in Vegas now. Good luck, Abe!

I'm going to guess that that was John Blair, at the moment I'm forgetting his wife's name.

That would be Katrina and John Blair. John is the cruise director and his wife, Katrina is the Activities Director. They are a great team. In addition to being a talented singer, John is also a gifted hypnotherapist. If you are on Enchantment of the Seas, go to his stress management session. You'll be glad you did!

Has to be Graham Seymour....when we were on the Mariner he sang Chasing Cars and we were awed...we go to you tube now and then just to re-live the moment. His morning show is hilarious. I need to book with him again!

Favourite - Gordon Whatmore - couldn't be nicer, especially to the elderly. Good singer too

Least favourite - Ken Rush - I didn't really see the point of him, he had no noticeable talent, and he expected his staff to do all the work for him

Joff Eaton and Clo O'Connor on RCCL.

Alejandro Tortorelli (on X)

Two of my favorites. Least favorite was Becky Thompson whose over-the top style was just too grating. Fortunately, as far as I am concerned, she is now working on shore.

On our New Year's Eve cruise we found Dan Whitney to be very good, very personable and he won our vote by reviving the "If I were not upon the sea" skit at the farewell show. We also enjoyed Carly B on the Jewel repositioning cruise from Boston to Tampa- again very personable and very involved in everything going on aboard the ship. :)

Favourite - Gordon Whatmore - couldn't be nicer, especially to the elderly. Good singer too

Least favourite - Ken Rush - I didn't really see the point of him, he had no noticeable talent, and he expected his staff to do all the work for him

Gordon is our favourite, too. We've sailed several times when he's been CD and we were hoping he was going to return for our sailing on Brilliance in June - no such luck, he's on Voyager :(

anyone remember\know who was on the Oasis in mid august 2010? It was a british guy in his 30's (probably), but can not remember his name...

:confused:

Had to be Richard Spacey most likely. Don't know about mid August 2010 but he was on the late September 2011 Oasis cruise - very funny and many people think he's one of the best.

Edited by fred20155

Graham Seymour, hands down! We've been lucky enough to have him on 3 out of 6 of our cruises. Love his morning shows and his sense of humor. You can't help but want to watch and see what he does/says next.

Erika

Abe Hughes on The Rhapsody approx. 7 years ago. Sweet, accesible, sincere, funny, not alway "on" and so adorable I always wanted to ruffle his hair when I saw him. I hear he's working in Vegas now. Good luck, Abe!

We had him as a stand-in for a week on the Mariner in 2010. Amazing guy, very down to earth. He even showed up for the meet and mingle. Didn't count him, since he wasn't a CD anymore back then, already working on a show in the Venetian in Vegas. I think he was responsible for the show, but I could be wrong. He told us a long time ago.

Cindy

Edited by sg1phileshipper