who was your favorite cruise director and why?

I usually don't remember the Cruise Directors. We've had some that have done a good job and others that were just okay. BUT, when we sailed Oasis last year, RICHARD SPACEY was SO head and shoulders above the rest that we definitely remember his name!!!

We'll probably have Ken Rush on our upcoming Allure cruise. I haven't seen him mentioned on this thread. Is he good?

Never had him as cruise director. If you do a search on this site, you will see threads about him and the reviews seem mixed. Had Allan Brooks on Allure and thought he was great.

Well during my sailing over the last couple of years, 2 cruise directors really stand out.

1. Drew Devine - He was the CD on the Monarch on 2 of my December cruises. He has fantastic energy and a great personality

2. Marc Walker - He was also a CD on one of my other Monarch cruises. Fantastic personality and he made you feel like you had a fantastic vacation.

I have also had Graham Seymore for my 2 Freedom cruises. I loved his morning show and his adult comedy show. I never did buy the Grum 2000.

I don't usually take much notice but several years ago there was a husband & wife (she had very curly hair) that we had on two of our RCI cruises and they were an amazing duo...Sorry can't remember their names..The ones we have had on recent cruises made no impression on us at all...

I'm going to guess that that was John Blair, at the moment I'm forgetting his wife's name.

We've never really cared who the cruise director was - some of them are downright obnoxious - but we thought Dennis was great, so another vote for him.

He told us 4 1/2 years ago on Mariner that he was retiring, though - guess not!

Dave Chapman from the Majesty. He was the best cruise director I have had, any ship, any line. Not only was he very entertaining with more energy than the Energizer Bunny, he was genuinely friendly.

With most Cruise Directors that I have seen, they seem great during their public appearances, but if you ever meet them 1 on 1 in a hallway, their eyes go to the floor, the ceiling, the wall, or whatever they are carrying in their hand, and they just walk on by. With Dave Chapman, he looks you in the eye and gives you a genuine "G'Day!" and a nod or a wave. If someone asks him a question about something on the ship, he does his best to answer it, rather than just saying "Check at the Pursers Desk, they should be able to help." From what I have seen, he is truely committed to the customer.

I'm going to guess that that was John Blair, at the moment I'm forgetting his wife's name.

His wife's name is Katrina. They are one of my favorites as well. Like his Neil Diamond as well - someone else mentioned it.

My other Favorit is Carly B. Always high energy and interacting with people.

I had Richard Spacey once and I thought he was fabulous. Wondering who are others that people enjoy and why.

I really enjoyed Richard Spacey too, he was the CD on our first Oasis cruise and that was also our first cruise ever. He really added to the whole experience and I thought he was very funny.

No contest - Graham Seymour all the way :D His early morning TV show is such a good start to the day; adult comedy show is great and he is a very very sociable and funny guy - as well as being rather a good singer!!

However looking forward to seeing Joff Eaton (hopefully) on Indy this coming June.

LOVE Allan Brook! He is am amazing CD. He is at every game that is played on the ship and runs them all. He has a great sense of humor and is extremely quick thinking! You always see him out and about the ship. Not like the ones that hide until it is night time!

I generally could care less about cruise directors but, I have to agree that Graham Seymour is a "hoot":D Very Funny guy!
I have to agree with my esteemed friend, CD is LOW on my list of what makes for a good cruise. But disagree on Graham... not a "hoot":D He was OK. I did like Richard Spacey... very accessible, funny and entertaining.

Ricky Matthews on Serenade this past October was pretty good as well.

We just had Abel Janey on the Adventure a couple weeks ago...I really liked him...he was awesome during Love & Marriage and every single other event he was a part of. That was my 4th cruise and on no other cruise did we participate in as many things as we did this time. Loved Abel as the CD, so personable...really, the whole activities staff was awesome...Katie, Gio.....

Why does RCI continue to treat Ken Rush as the king of cruise directors??

Notice only one person listed him as a favorite. Most people I know dislike him, hear that a lot on here too. So, what gives? With amazing staff like Spacey, Brooks, and Seymour why do they trot this guy out on every new ship?

I mean is the theory you need the better cruise directors on older ships with less wow? Does he pad the comment card box?

Notice only one person listed him as a favorite. Most people I know dislike him, hear that a lot on here too. So, what gives? With amazing staff like Spacey, Brooks, and Seymour why do they trot this guy out on every new ship?

I mean is the theory you need the better cruise directors on older ships with less wow? Does he pad the comment card box?

Yeah, I have no clue.

I have only been on one cruise (Allure, with Ken Rush as CD) so can't compare with others. That being said, talking to the rest of my group who had cruised and Ken was ok. Nothing bad, but nothing great. That was the impression I got as well.

• 2 weeks later...
We had Allan Brooks on Freedom 2 years ago. He was great. Awesome sense of humor, could really think on his feet. Loved him doing the Quest. Seemed he was everywhere on the ship. Even played dodgeball against him.

I agree with you Allan Brooks is AMAZING!! We had him on Freedom2 years ago...Wish I knew where he was now.

I agree with you I was NOT impressed with Ken Rush 2 weeks ago on Allure! I had Allan Brooks on Freedom 2 years ago and Richard Spacey on Oasis last year and they were WAY better than Ken! You saw then alot more and they had better senses of humor, more outgoing and goofy.

Sheri