who was your favorite cruise director and why?

Joff Eaton by a mile. Always entertaining with a dry British sense of humour. Always visible and will always stand a chat to you if you see him about. He makes 70's night and Rock Britannia awesome and will always come down after with his staff for photos with them all dressed up :D

I have an excellent picture of a photo bomb him and his staff did on our cruise last year actually :D

Melissa

Across all the lines and different ships we have been on in the last 11 years, there is only one cruise directors name I know (remember)

Joff Eaton

He appears to be involved in everything that is going on, where others (not all) cruise directors have been less front of house and looked more awkward, where he is a natural.

I like his early evening, radio show (over the TV) The morning shows are hilarious and the connect he has with his staff is very good.

The quiz show presenting, jokes, singing and dancing are all very good, he could have been an entertainer on TV, I've seen people with a lot less ability do well on TV here in the UK

Lucky to have Gordon Whatman for two of my cruises!

Wonderful entertainer and singer. Never had another CD as good as him!

He is semi retired but seems to do releif CD now and then.

Currently on Mariner:D

OMG - hands down for me it's Mike S! Absolutely.

Another vote for the great Mike S. He was everywhere, all the time, and always had a smile on his face and something nice (and usually funny) to say. What a great cruise director. He set the bar high.

James Andrews was my favorite. I liked how down to earth he was, he engaged everyone around him and he was always seen around the ship. Had the chance to chat with him one night in the Chamber on Explorer and he was an all around sweetheart.

• 4 months later...

Mitch Merucci, is so 'friendly, personable and entertaining'. He may not be the best singer or comedian of them all, but gets the staff to make nice entertainment occur. He may not have the 'flash' that some display, but he has enough of it for his style. Good host for activities and games....just good.

Edited by Paulette3028

We had Bobby Brown on the Rhapsody in July of 2011. He had a great sense of humor, and he was hysterical doing the cake demonstration (think I Love Lucy at the chocolate factory).

Dennis Charles is also very good. He often sang with whichever band was playing in the Centrum.

We just got off the Brilliance last week and were impressed with Steve Davis. He teaches passengers the choreography from the Michael Jackson "Thriller" video and puts on a performance in the Centrum on the last night. I bet there were 500 people watching, between Decks 4 and 9.

I tried to go back and see if I had replied to this thread. I dont believe I have.

My favorite so far was Graham Seymour with Drew Devine as a close second. Graham is just awesome, very approachable, talented and his Quest and Rock Britannia are just great.

We had Drew Devine on Monarch. He actually went out of his way to talk to me to ask me how i liked the ship and how I thought its accessibility was. Plus, he had a knack for keeping things hopping on such short cruises. And he is a very talented drummer. I use to play drums as well before I lost use of my legs

Edited by ryano

What does a cruise director do and why should I care? Seriously, I've been on three cruises and I have no idea who the cruise director was on any of them. Did I miss something?

The cruise director is responsible for all the entertainment and activities on the ship.