Anyone use Barcelona Day Tours?

We used Barcelona Day tours on a recent visit to Barcelona. We were only there for one day as part of a cruise itinerary and wanted to do a short morning tour of the city, but didn't want to go on a cruise tour (too many people and usually too expensive). this company was suggested by someone else on cruise critic. I had a look at their website and booked. We had the option of paying a deposit or lying in full. We chose the latter.

Barcelona Day Tours were waiting for us at the dock when we got of the ship and took us to a waiting luxury minibus. There were 10 of us in the group. The tour guide was very welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable about Barcelona. We also had an excellent driver, who took us to within a 2 minute walk of the Sagrada da Famillia church (usually it's a longer walk than that from the cruise ship tour busses). We all really enjoyed the tour round Barcelona.

We would definitely recommend this company to anyone without hesitation.

Barcelona – http://www.barcelonadaytours.com arranged an evening at Tablao Cordobes for a dinner and Flemco show. It was GREAT!! The hosts were inviting and friendly, the food was great and the show was energetic and lots of fun. We also used them for our trip to Montserrat and it was an amazing and incredible day, not to be missed!! Josep was our guide and he was absolutely and completely fabulous!!

Dinah

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

we recently spent three days in Barcelona after an NCL cruise. We used Barcelona Day Tours the day we arrived to see the town. They were excellent, picked us up from the port, right on time, managed our bags for us for the day whilst we were on the excursion, and then dropped us at our hotel at the end of the day. We did the Barcelona and Monserrat tour, our guide was Gina and she was excellent, nothing was a problem and she was very knowledgeable.

I would thoroughly recommend Barcelona Day Tours

• 2 weeks later...

We just completed a wonderful tour arranged with Barcelona Day Tours during our stop in Barcelona. This tour was to visit Mount Monserrat and a Cava Winery. There were eight of us all from CruiseCritic who enjoyed the tour. It was arranged outside of Celebrity and though this was an overnight port, the tour company was cognizant of the tour times and returning us to the ship promptly as they had scheduled. We were never concerned. The driver and guide picked us up promptly at the scheduled time at the port is a wonderful and roomy van for the eight of us. Easy access in and out of the van with a sliding door, with hand rails and an automatic extending step.

Our driver was extremely cautious which was much different from other experiences on other tours. We felt safe on the drive through the city and curving up the mountain.

Marcella, our guide was extremely knowledgeable and shared many wonderful insights as to the history and a few legends. She guided us at each stop and insured we had adequate time to roam and enjoy the sites.

The tour at the Cava Winery was very informative and the cava flowed at the end. By the volume of the conversations and laughter, no one was shorted on their tastings.

I would recommend Barcelona Day Tours to others.

• 1 month later...

I cannot recommend them highly enough! I had corresponded with them prior to our trip but our tour companions who have not cruised much were a bit weary of using private tour guides despite us reassuring them it was okay. Wanting to be together we hooked the overly expensive ship tour only to find out once we boarded that the ship canceled out tour.

I quickly got online and wrote back to Mark Joseph at Barcelona day tour, he customized a tour for us, and we had the charming Elle as our tour guide, it was one of our favorite days! She was knowledgable ( without being boring) her English was easy to understand and she was charming and witty to boot! Do not hesitate to use them!

• 1 month later...

We will be using Barcelona Day tours next September, one from the airport and another the day the cruise ends. Do you recommend paying in full up front, or just leaving the minimum deposit and paying the day of? What is the usual gratuity after a private tour?

We will be using Barcelona Day tours next September, one from the airport and another the day the cruise ends. Do you recommend paying in full up front, or just leaving the minimum deposit and paying the day of? What is the usual gratuity after a private tour?

I've used them 5 times and was completely satisfied with them each time. Their vehicles were fairly new, clean and in great condition. Each of the tour guides we had were excellent. I paid them in advance just so I could use a credit card. I believe if you only give them a deposit you have to pay in cash (their money) prior to the start of the tour. I researched them prior to my cruises and found that most of the people that reviewed them liked them. Remember, you can't please everyone. I would recommend them. Tipping is the same there as everywhere else. Tip what you think is appropriate. I usually tipped $10 per person for my wife and I or $20 for the tour.

We just completed a wonderful tour arranged with Barcelona Day Tours during our stop in Barcelona. This tour was to visit Mount Monserrat and a Cava Winery. There were eight of us all from CruiseCritic who enjoyed the tour. It was arranged outside of Celebrity and though this was an overnight port, the tour company was cognizant of the tour times and returning us to the ship promptly as they had scheduled. We were never concerned. The driver and guide picked us up promptly at the scheduled time at the port is a wonderful and roomy van for the eight of us. Easy access in and out of the van with a sliding door, with hand rails and an automatic extending step.

Our driver was extremely cautious which was much different from other experiences on other tours. We felt safe on the drive through the city and curving up the mountain.

Marcella, our guide was extremely knowledgeable and shared many wonderful insights as to the history and a few legends. She guided us at each stop and insured we had adequate time to roam and enjoy the sites.

The tour at the Cava Winery was very informative and the cava flowed at the end. By the volume of the conversations and laughter, no one was shorted on their tastings.

I would recommend Barcelona Day Tours to others.

I know this post was awhile back, but hopefully you can respond. My cruise is in September. I'm definitely looking at the Montserrat tour, but I'm not sure whether to do the half day or full day. Do you think the winery was worth the additional time? I also want to tour inside La Familia, which I might have to plan for the same afternoon.

My flight arrives Friday morning at 8:30, so I plan on Barcelona Day Tours picking me up and doing the City Tour before dropping me off at the hotel. I think I will be too tired to do any additional tours that afternoon. That only leaves Saturday for Montserrat & La Familia.

Sandy

It was must easier paying them upfront in full. They are a superb organization and have excellent reliability, tour hosts. I think I used them 7 times for tours in Portugal and Spain. I usually tip them 10to15% of the tour total.

QUOTE=oufpat;51989329]We will be using Barcelona Day tours next September, one from the airport and another the day the cruise ends. Do you recommend paying in full up front, or just leaving the minimum deposit and paying the day of? What is the usual gratuity after a private tour?

We had the same concerns, we decided to do the city tour after they pick us up from airport. We will do La Familia Sagrada on our own the morning of our cruise, and the full day tour with return to Barcelona Airport Hotel the last day. I had been advised that it is much more cost effective to do Familia Sagrada on our own.

In general terms, it's ALWAYS much more cost effective -and even fun- to DIY your escapades. This is a modern territory, with a sophisticated travel network, so it's fairly easy to move about without the need of a tour guide.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I was just reading the posts concerning Barcelona Day Tours having just returned from Barcelona this week I thought I would give feedback from our experience having booked 3 separate tours / events with them. Julia our Rep we worked with was professional and very timely in answering any and all questions offering many suggestions for things to do even beyond their own tours. We used the Barcelona Day Tour for our Airport arrival transfer Julia actually suggested a half day tour pointing out that we were arriving early morning and our hotel probably would not be a ready great idea Christian was on time and his tour was wonderful full of information about the city taking us to all the main sites. Julia booked us a Flamenco Dinner / Show that was amazing and finally they did our transfers to/from our cruise ship all without a hitch upon our return we again included a tour to Monserrat and Cava which turned into the highlight of our vacation Joe our guide was professional, patient and extremely knowledgeable of the area history. We found Barcelona day Tour very easy to work with reasonably priced and there when they were supposed to be! Highly recommend them

Hello! Thanks for the info! If not too much trouble, can you give me some info on the flamenco dinner / show they booked? The men in our group are a little hesitant. [emoji4] How was the food generally? Was it buffet or meal? How long was it? Was it something you were glad you did? Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hi, all,

Just back from a big trip to Europe and we had booked a private tour to Montserrat (from the airport) with Barcelona Day Tours, plus a flamenco that same night. Our flight was delayed out of Miami, but Barcelona Day Tours stayed on top of things and we were happily surprised and pleased that our driver/guide was waiting for us when we arrived (we were 3 hours late). I have nothing but good things to say about the company, their communication was great by email and they did what they promised and went above and beyond for us. I would happily book with them again!

Best wishes!

Hi, all,

Just back from a big trip to Europe and we had booked a private tour to Montserrat (from the airport) with Barcelona Day Tours, plus a flamenco that same night. Our flight was delayed out of Miami, but Barcelona Day Tours stayed on top of things and we were happily surprised and pleased that our driver/guide was waiting for us when we arrived (we were 3 hours late). I have nothing but good things to say about the company, their communication was great by email and they did what they promised and went above and beyond for us. I would happily book with them again!

Best wishes!

Wow that is terrific that they really followed through. I am excited about our booking in July. We are planing on the full-day tour which includes Montserrat.

Hi, all,

Best wishes!

Wow, that is awesome! Glad you had a great time! We have booked 2 tours with them for our overnight port in a few months. We are still considering the flamenco tour. How did that go? Did you enjoy it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We booked a tour through a Barcelona Day Tours & have only positive words to say regarding our experience! We booked in advance, a 1/2 day tour at debarkation in Barcelona. We were met by our guide, at the time which was previously arranged. A very roomy & luxurious minivan was more than adequate for our group of 12 & luggage. Unfortunately, 2 of our group didn't make it through customs in time for the tour, but our guide waited as long as possible, to hopefully allow them to make the tour. Admission to Park Guell is timed & we had to leave in order to meet those time restraints. That being said, allow plenty of time to get off the ship, if you have a tour planned. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable & informative & we couldn't have asked for a better tour. At the end of our tour, we were dropped off at our individual hotels. We would definitely use this company again!

Edited by debbie2000
Added info.