Updated Local Dominica News Article on Summit Incident

FSUNole

Reminds me of the movie "Boat Trip".

I guess the hair braider was more ticked because of lack of customers.

Shame on the tour operator for scheduling ports that were not open to their life style.

Er... don't think doin' the deed out on the balcony is a life style. It's a lack of judgment. I feel sure the boys in question knew they were NOT at Folsom and Dore the last weekend in September... I mean really?

can't fix stupid...

Er... don't think doin' the deed out on the balcony is a life style. It's a lack of judgment. I feel sure the boys in question knew they were NOT at Folsom and Dore the last weekend in September... I mean really?

can't fix stupid...

I agree with you. Another possibility is that they wanted to be seen as a way to protest the laws of the island and it backfired.

As mentioned keep your pants up when in public- If they could not reisist on haveing fun on the balcony they could have waited until at sea and even then it is rather- well unruly behaviour. Some things have to kept private no matter if gay or straight.

Unnecceary trouble for both the cruise line, Atlantis and of course the both of them. May those people in the island be still in the dark ages or not. Amazing how many attention the incident aroused, when looking at this pictures with the towns folk standing around and watching!

Michael

As mentioned keep your pants up when in public- If they could not reisist on haveing fun on the balcony they could have waited until at sea and even then it is rather- well unruly behaviour. Some things have to kept private no matter if gay or straight.

Unnecceary trouble for both the cruise line, Atlantis and of course the both of them. May those people in the island be still in the dark ages or not. Amazing how many attention the incident aroused, when looking at this pictures with the towns folk standing around and watching!

Michael

I agree that things have to be kept private and just wondering if these guys realize there are video cameras all over the outside of the ship. Good lesson for everyone as Warner Wolfe used to say.."lets go to the video tape."

Still scary. other countries rules that most people wouldn't have a clue about..Barbados bans camouflage clothing...If somebody sees you wearing it on the ship while its in port you can be arrested?

That's why you must remember that you are not at home. Laws are different everywhere whether you agree with them or not is irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So they're guilty. :rolleyes:

It suddenly struck me that someone was naked and foolin around on a balcony in full view of everyone on any countries main street in the biggest city in that country would be breaking decency laws and have their ass hauled to jail.

Idiots.

Why did the tour operators take this gay cruise to an island that has laws against it?

I'm sure they didn't expect people to act foolishly in plain view.

Why did the tour operators take this gay cruise to an island that has laws against it?

teajak - I had the same reaction. If this cruise was planned by a generic travel agent I could understand their lack of knowledge, but this was arranged by a tour group that specializes in gay cruises and they should have known better.

Look at it this way. 2156 of 2158 guests (ships capacity) were not arrested so I assume did nothing lewd in public.

If a football charter had a cheerleader and half back arrested for lewd behavior in full view of main street would football fans claim the local gov't is against the game? :p:rolleyes:

The statement from Atlantis said that, contrary to their story, the two were seen "having fun" as a PP said, on their balcony and this was witnessed not only by people on the shore but by some on the ship as well (those video cameras?).

Of course, X will continue to book Atlantis charters. First of all, there are idiots on every charter (and even on every cruise), and secondly, X still makes money on their charters, and as we've said on many threads, that's the reason they're in business.

That's why you must remember that you are not at home. Laws are different everywhere whether you agree with them or not is irrelevant.

I guess I thought if you were still on the ship you weren't actually in the country.

How are we supposed to know the "unusual" rules of these countries.

I know camouflage clothing is not a very popular clothing style, but I'll bet nobody(or 99% of people) would know they are illegal in Barbados and that if the same thing happened you COULD be arrested for wearing that while on your balcony while in port.

Somebody mentioned smoking in public is illegal in one of the islands...once again if you are on your balcony you could be arrested by the police of that island.

I know we have to follow laws where ever we go, it just seems to me with laws that are unique like these there should be some leeway.

I guess I thought if you were still on the ship you weren't actually in the country.

How are we supposed to know the "unusual" rules of these countries.

I know camouflage clothing is not a very popular clothing style, but I'll bet nobody(or 99% of people) would know they are illegal in Barbados and that if the same thing happened you COULD be arrested for wearing that while on your balcony while in port.

Somebody mentioned smoking in public is illegal in one of the islands...once again if you are on your balcony you could be arrested by the police of that island.

I know we have to follow laws where ever we go, it just seems to me with laws that are unique like these there should be some leeway.

The ship isn't a sanctuary. It's safe to say that if you're indecent, you're gonna receive attention from most law enforcement agencies.

Archived