"LIVE" from Celebrity Silhouette - March 29, 2012

Radio

Hello everyone. . . I am back on board Celebrity Silhouette. I have alot of pics to post, but it will take me a little time to load them. . .

I should have them up after dinner. . . What a great day in st Thomas. . .

The temps got up to 85F, lots of sun, and no rain !

Many pics will be up shortly. . .

Here's one below. . .when I first got off. . .

Radio

;);)

Welcome to St. Thomas, USVI

E18.JPG

Glad you enjoyed your day!!!!!!

Hey Meg! I love your comments!!!!!

Cheryl

thanks!!! i am here for entertainment!! :D

can't wait for more pix either.....guess i can go to dinner....at, hmm..McDonalds...not on a nice spiffy ship..:( (well....soon...)

Love the picture of your "office". Now only if we could all have an office like that!

I keep telling myself that, on my next Explorer cruise, I will get up early and walk around the ship like you do. I imagine you get the feeling that you have the ship to yourself.

Keep the great pictures coming!

Eileen

Love the picture of your "office". Now only if we could all have an office like that!

I keep telling myself that, on my next Explorer cruise, I will get up early and walk around the ship like you do. I imagine you get the feeling that you have the ship to yourself.

Keep the great pictures coming!

Eileen

that's my favorite time on the ship too..problem is......well....ZZzzzZZZZzz

Hi all!

Loving this cruise!:D Question please, are the flowers on the table there in Cafe Al Bacio

real? I love fresh flowers on a cruise.

Have a great day in St Thomas, looking forward to seeing the beaches, it's 39F here.:(

~ Jo ~ :)

Yes, the flowers on the tables on Bacio are real.

For the benefit of all you RCI folks here wondering about Radio's balcony, he appears to be on the slant of the hump. The first and third cabins on the slant have the largest balconies; the second and fourth are not as deep. They are awesome balconies.

Gosh Radio, almost didn't get to come along on this one. I was floating around on the RCI site, looking for Trainman-2 to start his cruise when someone mentioned you were over here.

I am so glad I slipped over here to see what you were doing and I love the pictures of this Celebrity ship.

The lounge seating areas are so inviting and I think that must be one of the best things about this ship. Grass, real grass. On a ship. Who knew.

We may have to break down and try it ourselves.

Enjoy and thanks for sharing with all of us.

Hello everyone. . .I had a great day in St Thomas today, but it started kind of bad. I reserved a car through Budget in St Thomas (Right at the Havensight Pier) When I arrived at the desk, there were no cars ! What how can this be ? The friendly Agent asked if I could ”kindly relax“, and someone would bring one from Crown Bay. Relax ? I am the king of relax, no worries. . .

It seems that phrase seems to be everywhere in the Caribbean as well as on this Ship. . . “ We ask that you kindly check your car to see if you have forgotten anything” . . .“We would kindly remind you not to forget your pool towels”

I drove up to Paradise Point while it was sunny, because I have been here enough to know, that clouds or rain can move in at any time. . . It was hard to believe that several people were walking up the hill. . .Wow, that is a very steep incline and is maybe about 1 ½ mile road (as it winds up the big hill) They still had the Ferris Wheel and Bungee Jump Zone as well as the Famous Bushwhacker. . .I remember coming up here a few years ago and decided to try one of these drinks. . .Whoa. . .Somebody has to drive. . . It threw me for a loop. . .so I just took a few photos and went to my next stop.

Morningstar Beach is the closest beach to the pier, so you can get to it very easily. You can’t walk but it is a short cab ride $4pp/ each way. The beach is located at the bottom of the Marriott Frenchman’s Reef Resort, and I always recommend it here. It is very safe, clean, and has a nice sandy beach. The water was beautiful, and you are able to rent chairs, shade, and snorkel. There us a Beach Bar there, and someone will come around if you need some snack, a meal, or drinks. There is a changing room, shower, and bathroom. . . Here is the best thing. . .It is very Free ! (The equipment rental is a little pricey though)

I also drove over to Sapphire Beach Resort. The Resort (3 Star) is not as nice as the Marriott (5 Star), but Sapphire beach make up for it in the beauty of the water. It is very beautiful, and anyone who has visited will “kindly” suggest to you that it may be one of the best beaches in the Caribbean. They offer rentals, food and drink as well. The changing rooms, and bathroom may qualify for. . .eh hmmm. . .maybe a 2 Star.

I had some things to buy at the shops at the Havensight Shops, so I went back to the pier area, and processed a few transactions. After putting all my stuff on the Ship, I went back out to try a very nice Coffee Bar over at the Yacht Haven Shops.(Thanks Megr11225 for the recommendation)

I was unable to find a Starbucks in St. Thomas, so I will try the next 4 ports. I know that a large percentage of the St Thomas population are from the US, and Starbucks is the #1 Coffee chain in the US. . .I was surprised to hear that there was no SBX stores. . . No worries. . . I will stick with Café Al Bacio here on board. . .

We left St Thomas right at 5PM, and are on our way to Basseterre St Kitts. We only have 155nm to get there so we will be tied up to the pier at 8AM.

Here are a few pics from today. . .I have many more, but for the sake of bandwidth, and $ per minute. . .I will post many more when I return home next week.

Thanks for the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Passengers were ready to get off of the ship after 3 days at sea. .

E17.JPG

We must be back on by 4:45PM

E19.JPG

Budget rental Car is very close to the Ship. . .

E20.JPG

The views from Paradise Point make you want to keep coming back. . .

E22.JPG

I love RCI Ships, but the lines of Celebrity Silhouette are very attractive.

E23.JPG

The Paradise Point Sky lift takes only 7 minutes to get to the top.

E24.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

Morningstar beach is the closest beach w/facilities to the Havensight Cruise Pier.

E31.JPG

Lots of rentals are available here.

E28.JPG

I spoke to one the Attendant who suggested that most guests here are

from the Cruise Ships. . .

E29.JPG

Coco Joe’s is the Beach Bar, and Grill here at Morningstar. . .

E49.JPG

The Beach stretches all the way up to the main Marriott Frenchman’s Reef (Marriott own this resort as well)

E50.JPG

There were no rocks here on this beach.

E51.JPG

These will be the last for tonight. . .I will post more St Thomas pics when I return. . .

St Kitts tomorrow. I may be up early !

Radio

I make it up to Sapphire Beach Resort

E39.JPG

The shade trees line the beach, so shade umbrellas are really not required.

E32.JPG

The water is so blue. . .many shades of blue. . . I love it here.

E33.JPG

Lots of rentals are available.

E35.JPG

I think I can see St, John, USVI from here. . .

E37.JPG

I must come back to Sapphire beach when I return to St. Thomas. . .

E38.JPG

Very nice photos Radio..and you're welcome for the coffee suggestion...i love it there.....:)

the view at morningstar beach is very nice......and i too love the beautiful blue water.....

have a pleasant evening....guess i can turn in early.......instead of waiting up til 9:eek: for the next installment!! :D

I'm so thrilled. Both beaches look lovely. I am trying to talk the rest of my party into Sapphire. This will sure help. We plan to rent the car also and funny but the ports thread I read suggested to be the first off the ship to Budget as they don't have many cars. Isn't that weird. They must must wait to order up the cars from the car depot until the peeps sign on the dotted line:rolleyes:

Radio -

Looking at the picture of your "office", you seem to have an "angle" balcony, where the ship slopes out, Celebrity's version of the hump. Do you feel that the balcony is that much more spacious then the regular flat balcony?

We had regular balcony cabins on the Solstice and Silhouette and felt that the balconies were a tad small.

Your "angle" balcony seems deeper.

I can answer that for you. We were on the back hump and our cabin was on deck 9 and we had the first cabin off the hump and the balcony was at least 3 times the size of a regular balcony. From what I read, the first and 3rd cabins off the hump have the deepest balconies and the 2nd one off the hump is about double the size of a normal balcony. Ours was very very deep!!!

Patty

I can answer that for you. We were on the back hump and our cabin was on deck 9 and we had the first cabin off the hump and the balcony was at least 3 times the size of a regular balcony. From what I read, the first and 3rd cabins off the hump have the deepest balconies and the 2nd one off the hump is about double the size of a normal balcony. Ours was very very deep!!!

Patty

thanks patty..that's pretty cool...not to self....

well dawn...if you'd been paying attention, you would have known to take your laptop and read CC instead of donating to Trump!!!:eek::D

We were at Harrahs and they charge for internet!!!! So just spent it on the one arm bandits! Though Mike did win $258 on the penny slots!

Archived