"LIVE" from Celebrity Silhouette - March 29, 2012

Radio

Radio - I've been following your live review, as I did Oasis. Really enjoying it. Hope you are feeling better today.

You had asked about 3 ships at the port of Castries. Here's what Google Maps looks like. They are not all three at the cruise terminal.

stlucia.png

Have a great day!

Actually - all 3 are at the cruise terminals - there are 2 cruise ship docks/terminals in St. Lucia - Pointe Seraphine, where the 2 ships are docked; and La Place Carange, where the single ship is docked. Great Pic!

Good morning everyone. . .

Welcome to Day 7 of “LIVE” from Celebrity Silhouette ! We pulled into the harbor just as the sun was coming up. . .We gad to turn around in this very narrow basin so we could dock at the Passenger Terminal.

We are actually docked in Castries, St. Lucia and I am told that this port can hold 3 cruise ships at one. . . I would like to see that. (Someone showed me a photo of that, and I would love to see it again)Today we should be the only ship here. . .

I am not going to spend a lot of time with a long post due to many things that I have on my plate today. . . So here are a few pics of our arrival into Castries, St. Lucia.

Thanks for the nice comments. . . (and the get well wishes!)

Radio

A Caribbean Sunrise was peaking through the curtain this morning. . .

The sun is coming up strong this morning

I don’t think that this is a residence. . .But it would be cool if it was. . .

A small beach next to St Lucia Music School

The planes have been landing and taking off overhead. . .since we pulled

into the Harbor. . .

We will dock here at the Cruise Passenger Terminal

G10.JPG

That is Pointe Seraphine Cruise Terminal, across the bay is La Place Carange cruise terminal. The port has actually held up to 5 cruise ships at once - with one tendered out of the bay - so 6 ships in at once - needless to say, the place was overrun! They put 2 at Pointe Seraphine, 2 at La Place Caranage and 1 was actually turning it's engines in the middle of the bay with only one main anchor out - the captain and 1st mate stayed on the bridge the whole time to keep the ship in position - it was crazy - don't see that happening again anytime soon.

Enjoy your day on St. Lucia - have been enjoying your updates and pictures!!

Patty,

Stealing this thread for a minute-----You would love St. Lucia, beautiful, especially the area around the Pitons.

The Piton area is gorgeous. I'm sure Radio will capture some beautiful pictures during sailaway.

Hi Radio,

Google Offers has a $10 Starbuck gift card for just $5...So get on your internet and save some money. You are always such a good communicator I thought I would return the favor and let you know Google had this deal today.

Ken

Yup..that's great info...just bought one...Radio...hope you got to take advantage too!!! Added it to my Starbucks card!!

Radio,

Hope your are feeling better today and enjoying St. Lucia.

The pictures are breath taking and it looks like you all are having the best weather, warm and sunny. Just wished I was by the ocean today, as our temperature will not be higher than 40 today.

Radio If possible can you share pictures of the Gym on the Silhouette??

It would be greatly appreciated. :)

Have a wonderful rest of your day!!

Radio - I've been following your live review, as I did Oasis. Really enjoying it. Hope you are feeling better today.

You had asked about 3 ships at the port of Castries. Here's what Google Maps looks like. They are not all three at the cruise terminal.

stlucia.png

Have a great day!

I clicked on your link and my anti-virus blocked this site as it contains a virus called "bloodhound". Using norton

I clicked on your link and my anti-virus blocked this site as it contains a virus called "bloodhound". Using norton
Thanks for letting me know. When I scroll back to that post, there is no live link. I wonder if my computer is blocking the link. I just pasted the image from my Photobucket account. The image was just a screen shot from google maps. Anyone can go there.

Radio, it's so great to follow along with you in another great cruise. We loved St Lucia when we visited in 2009 for DH's nephews wedding. Stayed at Sandals La Toc which you can see from your photo. It's the bldgs that are out on the bluff. Have another great day. Looking forward to your pictures.

stlucia.png

Have a great day!

Anyone know what that ship is in the top right next to the Carnival one is? It's always interesting to try to identify cruise ships from above. I know the Carnival one is one of their many ships based on the Destiny, and that is Caribbean Princess at the bottom, but the top one is a mystery. You can get a closer look by searching Castries in Google maps.

Glad you are feeling better & hope your day went well on St Lucia...that port & St Kitts are not on our April 10th itin but hope to be back there next yr...

We did almost the same as you on our last trip to St Kitts.. we did not have any energy to set out past the ports area & have been there a number of times...

We spent a long time looking for local crafts at the port area but most everything in the stores was made in India or China. We finally found the flea market just after you leave the stores...everything there is locally made & handcrafted..it was great. We got a nice piece made by a local potter & a picture with her as well!!

We visited the post office--and then had lunch & drinks up at the Sweet Lime--in fact your photos showed our fav. table--great views from there..Love that place! thanks for that picture!!!

Enjoy St Lucia--the Pitons are breathtaking...can't wait to see more pics....

Patty,

Stealing this thread for a minute-----You would love St. Lucia, beautiful, especially the area around the Pitons.

Patti,

Thanks for the information. I hope Radio posts some photos of the Pitons for us all to see.

Patty

Hello everyone. . .It will be a little bit before pics today. . .

It seems that the Server is down for my Photos. . .I should have them up before 8PM. . . Sorry guys. . .

I had a great day in St. Lucia !

Check back soon. . .

Radio

;);)

Radio, my parents are cruiseing with you, Joan and Arthur Gilchrist. Been looking thru your pics to see if I spot them, lol. Thanks for the great pics.

Just in case you see them, mom is a pretty blonde, handicaped (uses a walker), dad is a joker, lol (if you meet him you will know it is him).

Have a great trip!;)

Hi Radio,

Google Offers has a $10 Starbuck gift card for just $5...So get on your internet and save some money. You are always such a good communicator I thought I would return the favor and let you know Google had this deal today.

Ken

Yup..that's great info...just bought one...Radio...hope you got to take advantage too!!! Added it to my Starbucks card!!

Thanks very much for the Starbucks alert, ken! DH and I each bought one as he is addicted! (And I just gave him a $54 Starbucks gift card for his 54th birthday!). Radio, I hope you were able to get this deal too, there is probably another 13 hrs. or so on the promo. We look forward to hearing all about St. Lucia. Your LIVE reports and photos are incredible, thank you! :)

Yeah, another Radio thread! Love your reports.

If you get a chance, can you check out the balcony furniture? There have been conflicting reports about loungers being removed from balconies that previously had them, although this seems to be an issue mostly on M class ships.

Looking forward to sailing along vicariously.

Just returned from 3/29/3012 sailing on the Millennium and the reclining lounge chairs were on the balcony - cabin 6144.

Linda

Hello everyone. . .It will be a little bit before pics today. . .

It seems that the Server is down for my Photos. . .I should have them up before 8PM. . . Sorry guys. . .

We'll forgive you. ;)

I had a great day in St. Lucia !

Awesome!

I still have to pack! :eek: I'll wave as you pass me going north. :D

Hello everyone. . . I just receive a taste of the descriptions I have heard from so many people who simply Love St. Lucia. . .It was only a taste because I just spent a few hours here, when I would have loved a week in this beautiful country.

We docked in the Castries Harbor. . .My Cabbie suggested that Castries was by far the largest city on the Island w/ over 60,000 residents. (St. Lucia has about 150, 000 population) I loved the Port facility, with over 50 shops for clothing, souvenirs, alcohol, gifts, etc. . .) There was lots of free Wi-Fi at the Pier as well. . .It is easy to find out where. . .Just look for the Crew as they are all over it !

I was lucky enough to go to Sandals, where I felt like I was in heaven. . . There was beautiful beaches, and a great Pool. The food was very good, and I guess I should have left Sandals earlier as my conversation with the Cabbie went something like this. . .”I would like to go to the Rain Forest” Sure, when does your ship leave. “Well I have to be back by 4:30” Sorry, we’re going back to the ship now, because it is a 3 hour R/T, and when you get to the port you will be able to take a nice photo of your ship leaving) Argh. . .. I should have planned it better.

Next time I will plan to go the Rain Forest first. There are a lot of attractions there including a Zip Line, Aerial Tram Gondola Ride, etc. . . I may need a week to do all of the things that I would like to do in the loveable, tropical St. Lucia.

This post was so late because my server was lagging, and then Celebrity Wi-Fi would not connect by Laptop, iPad or Smartphone. . .OK, it seems to be working now. Here are a few Pics from today. I have dozens more that I will post when I go home.

We will be in St John, Antigua tomorrow fro 8AM-5PM, so tune in for some Arrival pics.

Thanks for all of the well wishes. . .I felt great today !

Radio

I loved my trip over to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort

G24.JPG

The water was clean, warm, and delightful.

G32.JPG

I decided not to Sail, or Kayak. . .

G33.JPG

The pool was very inviting too. . .

G37.JPG

I felt like I wanted to stay here for a week !

G43.JPG

As I get a cab back to the Pier. . .I notice how Silhouette appears to be in a calm pond.

G45.JPG

.[

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

It’s time to go back to my Home. . .for the next 6 Nights. . .

G52.JPG

Silhouette Pulls away from the pier slowly

G61.JPG

It turns out that there are a few passengers who didn’t make it to the pier. . .Oh well. . .Antigua is not too far from here. . .They will make it there before we do.

G63.JPG

As I look back, I can see rush hour in Castries. . .

G64.JPG

So long, for now. . . I want to come back here soon. . .

G66.JPG

We drop of the Pilot before our next stop in St. John, Antigua. . .

G67.JPG

hey radio...you have bad code in the above post...which you prob figured out... NM you fixed it!!! :-)

the floats in the pool look nice..and i bet they have an S.U.B....(Swim Up Bar...my FAVORITE!)

lovely photos as always...thanks

looks like you were near that house thing i was telling you about where i got the awesome shots of Serenade a while back!!

You guys left some peeps there? hope they can catch up!!!! that will be an interesting story!

Hi Radio,

Ken

Funny when I saw that offer I thought the same thing!

Archived