"LIVE" from Celebrity Silhouette - March 29, 2012

Radio

thanks patty..that's pretty cool...not to self....

No problem Meg! I'm really enjoying the "Live". Radio does a great job!!!

Radio, loving all the beach photos. We have never been to Morningstar so may have to try that one on our next visit to St. Thomas.

Patty

We were at Harrahs and they charge for internet!!!! So just spent it on the one arm bandits! Though Mike did win $258 on the penny slots!

that's cool!!! apparently Patty said that the Donald has free internet...

OOPS..she did, that's what happens when you post without reading...rut ro

Radio-You never cease to amaze me! We have been in St. Thomas more than 5 times and you did more in a day than we did in all of our trips. Your pic of the sea with blues and a sailboat in the background is nothing less than spectacular. Thank you for all you bring to 47,000+ readers of your LIVE REPORT!! So many have said RCC and X should hire you!

I suggest the title of VP of Marketing and Incredible Adventures.

Thanks and will tune in every day. I know I will find out about new places and more adventures.

Cruise still looks wonderful, as does the ship. Enjoy your day in St. Thomas.

I think there should be a radio/brianalt LIVE sailing. We would then have it all. Beautiful scenery from the ship and ports AND food review all in one. ;)

Go SU!!!! ........I know, I know.....my husband is still sulking over their defeat :(

Radio, great pictures of the beaches!!!!!! I've only been to Megan's Bay from the ship and I was not impressed with it on my last trip. I did land vacations years ago and went to Megan's Bay and it was lovely. In 2010, it was so crowded, we were like sardines.

The water at Morningstar seems to have a few little waves while Sapphire seems perfectly calm. Neither seemed overly crowded. My time always seems to be spent downtown shopping!!!!!!

I'm glad you had a good day and I look forward to tomorrow. I've never ben to St. Kitts.

Sleep well and thanks again.

Cheryl

Radio thanks for your time and great pictures as always, we know your having a great cruise.

May I be the first to wish you a good morning on St. Kitts.

Sunrise_over_the_sea.jpg

Terri and Wally

Radio, Thank you so much for all of the great beach pictures. Makes me want to head to St. Thomas soon.

Just wondering if on the Silhoutte you have to check out the towels anthen be charged if not turned in like on RCL ships.

Your live reports really make my day! Probably the best way to convince me to try another RCL product. :)

Hello everyone. . .Good Morning. Welcome to DAY 6 of “LIVE” from Celebrity Silhouette.

We traveled at a slow speed last night for the short distance to Basseterre, St. Kitts. We are currently about 20nm from the pier. Our scheduled arrival time is 8AM.

Last night Silhouette offered some entertainment on the outer decks. At 8AM, there was a concert up at the Lawn Club. It was advertised as a Wine and Cheese Lawn Concert, entertainer Mickey Llardi was very good. Celebrity provided lawn blankets, with pillows. There was an extra charge for wine, but an array of cheeses were offered complimentary.

I went to the Silhouette Theater after the Lawn Club to see Comedian, Al Ducharme. This guy was very funny, and the voice over impersonations kept me laughing the entire time. The show was family friendly, and the theater was packed.

Later last night there was a deck party called Celebrity ROX. This was an interactive party and was sponsored by Jack Daniels. Lighting, lasers, and good music was enjoyed from 10:30 to Midnight. I cant believe I stayed up for the deck party, as I am usually down for the count well before that. . . I may be paying for it today.

Here are a few pics from our St Thomas Sail away, and activities last night. More pics coming soon aft er our arrival to St. Kitts.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

We pull away from the Pier slowly. . .

E59.JPG

We pass by Adventure of the Seas just before she leaves the dock.

E58.JPG

We will be seeing Adventure of the Seas again today in St. Kitts

E56.JPG

I didn’t know what to expect about a Lawn Concert, but it was very good.

E52.JPG

Comedian, Al Ducharme was a riot. . .You must see this act.

E60.JPG

Passengers really seemed to enjoy the Celebrity ROX deck party. About 20 members of the Entertainment staff hosted the event.

E61.JPG

Thanks Radio for taking all your time to post this live review. Just caught up on all pages and enjoyed all. Will be getting on when you depart and this really is a sneak preview.

Thanks again

Bobbie

Good Morning Radio! Beautiful pictures! Glad you enjoyed the lawn concert (what are the BLUE lights in front of the blankets?) and ROX Deck Party! What was the music like on deck? It seems like everyone is listening, but no dancing?

BTW- Im watching a great interview on CBS This Morning with the CEO of SBX on success and jobs! They really continue to help grow the economy by creating jobs. Keep drinking your SBX baby!!

Enjoy St Kitts today!!

I think there should be a radio/brianalt LIVE sailing. We would then have it all. Beautiful scenery from the ship and ports AND food review all in one. ;)

I vote FOR! :D

Go SU!!!! ........I know, I know.....my husband is still sulking over their defeat :(

Yeah...oh well...(damn refs! :mad:)

Hello everyone. . .We made it to Basseterre, St Kitts at about 7AM, and the Ship has been cleared (8AM).

Adventure of the Seas pulled up alongside about 10 minutes later.The Shore Excursion Desk will be open today until about 11AM for those who have not et booked a tour here in St. Kitts. I would have thought that all the tours would have been sold out. . .

The Sun is up strong, and the skies are clear, so it is time for me to make my way down to Deck 2 and the Gangway. I have to be back on board by 4:45, so we can depart for St. Lucia.

Here are a few pics from our arrival . . .more pics will come later today.

Radio

We are greeted this morning by another beautiful sunrise. . .

F1.JPG

The Pilot boards Silhouette to guide us to the dock

F5.JPG

We approach the Pier slowly. . .

F6.JPG

We have made it. . .

F7.JPG

It looks like today may be another beautiful day.

F8.JPG

We have been cleared. . . It’s time for me to start to explore.

F11.JPG

Radio, I need to take you on a cruise with me so you can be my personal photographer. Your pictures are just brilliant. Thanks so much for taking the time out of your vacation to do this. I can barely find 10 minutes to go the the iLounge and type an e-mail.

I agree with cruisinchick, I don't know that I'd be willing to part with the time it takes to do this. You're the greatest:D I'm so glad there are people around like you and Trainman that love to do this.

Hope your day in St. Kitts is spectacular...can't wait for your pics.

Great pictures of St. Kitts. Looks just like I remembered it. Love the way the clouds hang over the mountain.

It almost looks like you could reach out and shake the hands of the people on the ship next to you. They appear to be so close together.

Have a great day and looking forward to seeing the pics from your day in St. Kitts.

Gwen :)

Morning Radio!

Lovely photos...wow you MUST have stayed up waaayyy past your bedtime...:D

The pier area looks a little different...i must look back at my photos..:confused:

( i don't remember the main building being yellow...oh well)

have an enjoyable day.....happy hunting on the continued quest for VIA!!;)

Radio,

Would love to know what camera you are using. I looking for a new one and this is a great advertisement. Sailed the Silhouette in November on the first trip out of Cape Liberty and all of these great shots have me looking for a booking.

Kathe

>>SNIP<< Go SU!!!! ........I know, I know.....my husband is still sulking over their defeat :(

Yeah...oh well...(damn refs! :mad:)

AARRRRRGGGHHHHHH!! Dissapointed? ME???

I'll get over it. Somewhere around OCTOBER!

Radio... as always, great Job. See you in 37 days 22 hours, 1 min 41 sec...... but who's counting, right?

Archived