Bringing Fluffy TP Onboard

This is a goofy question, but have any of you brought fluffy toilet paper onboard (charmine/angel soft) and used it without any clogging issues with the space toilets?

I hate the tissue paper thin TP provided and want to bring my own 3-ply from home but I don't know how well RCI's pipes would handle the thicker stuff.

This is a goofy question, but have any of you brought fluffy toilet paper onboard (charmine/angel soft) and used it without any clogging issues with the space toilets?

I hate the tissue paper thin TP provided and want to bring my own 3-ply from home but I don't know how well RCI's pipes would handle the thicker stuff.

We've asked this very question numerous times and have been told that the sanitation system on board can not handle any other type of TP than what is provided on the ship. This is a consistent answer on all ships.:D

Not a good idea, they have thin TP for a reason. Using something thicker could cause a problem for your cabin but also the cabins in your area.

That's an assumption, it maybe correct though. Every employer I have worked for in the past 30 years has used the thinest flimsiest TP and it didn't have anything to do with clogging ;)

Marine grade TP is used on the ships because that's what the systems were designed for....bringing your thick flluffy stuff, albeit an admittedly much more comfortable situation, may (might likely) cause you an unwanted fluffy/stinky/shippy :D situation in your stateroom when your trap clogs....not a good thing.

Best to live with what they provide while on the ship.

Jay

One night we came back from dinner, after our room steward tidied up the room, and found that she'd emptied our ashtray into the toilet. We knew simply because it had not flushed all the way. After a few times it all finally went- but I'm thinking if they flush cigaterre butts what's wrong with a little Charmin. I'm Just sayin'.

One night we came back from dinner, after our room steward tidied up the room, and found that she'd emptied our ashtray into the toilet. We knew simply because it had not flushed all the way. After a few times it all finally went- but I'm thinking if they flush cigaterre butts what's wrong with a little Charmin. I'm Just sayin'.

If you only use a piece of charmin the size of a cigarette butt, then go for it.

There is nothing wrong with the ship's toilet paper....it's not tree-bark! Use what's provided, please. Even if your "fluffy" paper doesn't clog YOUR toilet, it can wreck havoc with those cabins on the same line as yours!

If you need some added comfort, bring some wet-wipes, and dispose of them in the trash!

There is nothing wrong with the ship's toilet paper....it's not tree-bark! Use what's provided, please. Even if your "fluffy" paper doesn't clog YOUR toilet, it can wreck havoc with those cabins on the same line as yours!

If you need some added comfort, bring some wet-wipes, and dispose of them in the trash!

You could always go with the suites that have the bidet's :D

You might want to bring some TP or at least a travel pack of Kleenex for onshore use. I keep a pack of Kleenex in my excursion bag. It's come in handy a few times when there was no paper available. I wouldn't flush it onboard though.

Marine & RV TP is pretty much the same … and designed to dissolve quick and easy. I know an RV tank is small – but the principle is the same 4 people / 4000 people.

If you use reg TP it can clog in the toilet, the pipe and in the holding tank. Then you have to flush and flush and flush and still sometimes you need to get something to stick up into the holding tank and try to get out the clumps of TP. Yucky job.:eek:

Im sure there would be some sort of problems using reg TP on ship. I wouldn’t want my room to back up :o

You might want to bring some TP or at least a travel pack of Kleenex for onshore use. I keep a pack of Kleenex in my excursion bag. It's come in handy a few times when there was no paper available. I wouldn't flush it onboard though.

You can also get small packets of toilet paper - just saw them this morning at Bed Bath & Beyond. More eco-friendly than the Kleenex...:)

If soft TP is not allowed due to the sewage, what about tampons? They seem much more likely to clog the system then soft Tp?

I don't remember ever seeing anything banning the use of tampons?

Just check beneath your sink on your next cruise. I assure you there will be some small bags for feminine products to be placed in waste basket. I'd also be surprised if it's not written on all the signage in the bathroom and behind the toilet that it states not to flush same.

We just got off the Enchantment and had numerous problems with our toilet in our cabin. They accused us of putting "feminine products" down the toilet and told us that this is prohibited. Never saw any signs to that effect but we know better than to do that. They provide those paper bags to dispose of those items. So please do not use fluffy toilet paper or try to flush feminine products down that toilet on a ship.

By the way it wasn't just our toilet-when we had a problem so did the whole aft section of deck 7 port side.

On Equinox during our 10 night during Feb/Mar there was a pipe blockage that required them to cut open the main pipe to break it up. I asked the Chief Engineer how many 55 gallon drums did it take to catch the black water/sewage. He just made a face. Please do not put anything other than human waste and ship provided toilet paper in the toilets. We were without toilets on the ship for more than 8 hours after breakfast. Some pretty unpleasant toilets throughout the ship :mad: .

Critterchick,

I've seen a travel pack of Charmin at Target also. I just bring the Kleenex because I have allergies and am more likely to need something to wipe my eyes and nose than to wipe my . . . . I can only think of a couple times when I used the Kleenex as TP but it was good to have for emergencies.

It seems like the man/woman who bathed in purfume always wants to sit near me. :rolleyes: They normally go away after I've sneezed for the 8th or 9th time. By then it's too late - my eyes and nose are running like faucets. :(

Perfect reply!

That's an assumption, it maybe correct though. Every employer I have worked for in the past 30 years has used the thinest flimsiest TP and it didn't have anything to do with clogging ;)

Um, not an assumption. Just like I don't use Charmin in my motorhome. The system won't handle it and it won't break down properly thereby clogging the outlet. I really don't want to reach up there to unclog the TP just to save some chafing. :eek:

Archived