If You Were Chef Rudi What Would You Add or Take Off the Pinnacle Menu?

LAFFNVEGAS

Lisa, I must agree with you on the Northwest Five Onion Soup. When done right it is the best soup they offer.

I really love some of the ideas here.

Trish, of all the Pinnacles we have been to the very best was on the Statendam back in 2009 when we did the Panama Canal. All I can say is OMG about the NW 5 Onion Soup it was amazing. The Chef was very proud of what he was serving and would come out to each and every table lunch or dinner :) Oddly this was one of those cruises that the passengers were being cheap I guess and the Pinnacle was extremely slow the full 2 weeks, they were evening offering half price specials. (This was right before the new Star Mariner program started) We must have had lunch in the pinnacle at least 5 times, come to think of it maybe even 6 :D We would be the only ones having lunch in there so we got to kow the Chef and the Pinnacle Manager we were his best customers that week. I just could not get enought of that soup.

I have said for a long time that the Lunch in the Pinnacle is actually better than dinner. The Filet with the encrusted Blu Cheese a couple of weeks ago on the Westerdam was amazing and actually is just the right size for me. I would love to be able to order off the lunch menu at dinner ;)

They need to get rid of the Veal Chop - have had it twice and it has been horribly tough both times.

Agree with the change in side dishes and soups. We had the lava cake on the O last December and it was perfect

Love the Steak diane and flambe skewers

In regards to the Canaletto, we seem to be the minority - we love it and ate there on our last cruise almost every night

On Noordam we alternated between Pinnacle and Canaletto - only did the MDR once! We loved Pinnacle and I would like to see a side of the mac n cheese as I loooove it but not for a main course. We also loved Canaletto. Le Cirque was amazing and I hope it is as good on Maasdam in December.

Since the Pinnacle is all about classic Northwestern cuisine, why not offer fresh cracked Dungeness Crab in season as an entree?? I would be a very happy camper if that was an option, at least through the crab season!!

Also, I agree that a greater selection of salads and less heavily salted soup offerings would be fabulous also.

Just an interesting tidbit:

"The Patagonian toothfish (Dissostichus eleginoides) is known as Chilean sea bass in the USA and Canada."

Nonetheless, dw loves it and would love to see it on the PG menu.

I just wonder if she'd love it quite so much if it were listed at 'toothfish'.

I would upgrade the quality of the Beef onboard. The Pinnacle has always offered six different sauces for their beef -- this is because their beef is always tender, but lacks flavor. I would be okay with a $35 charge for the Pinnacle if the quality of the food was bumped up a couple of notches.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

I like that idea as well, actually they could get rid of Canoletto and convert to a Tamarind :D

Now there is the best idea I've heard of so far. Let me second that, get rid of Canoletto and covert them to a Tamarind. That is brilliant Lisa. :D

I know that HAL reads CC and we have spoke about this before and I recently mentioned this but I kind of feel like the Pinnacle is getting stale.

If you could make changes to the current Pinnacle Grill Menu what would you change, add or delete. Granted there are a few items that are staples to the Pinnacle that they should keep but any new ideas or things you think they could get rid of?

Frankly I would add: Leg of Lamb and Strawberry Short Cake.

Frankly I would add: Leg of Lamb and Strawberry Short Cake.

Hmmmm Strawberry Shortcake, that would be really good :) I am not big on lamb but I will let them add it for you Himself ;)

I definitely like Sher's idea of Crab Legs or say even Mussels :) I suppose that would be more of an appetizer but I could eat a whole bucket of Mussels :D

Hmmmm Strawberry Shortcake, that would be really good :) I am not big on lamb but I will let them add it for you Himself ;)

I definitely like Sher's idea of Crab Legs or say even Mussels :) I suppose that would be more of an appetizer but I could eat a whole bucket of Mussels :D

Same here...mussels or steamed clams. Yum! My #1 thing for them to add as an appetizer would be the escargot. Double yum! ;)

Does anyone have a lunch menu for the Pinnacle? People on our roll call are asking what's on the menu....from the sounds of it, it's a "must do" on one of our sea days...have only been for dinner previously.

Same here...mussels or steamed clams. Yum! My #1 thing for them to add as an appetizer would be the escargot. Double yum! ;)

Does anyone have a lunch menu for the Pinnacle? People on our roll call are asking what's on the menu....from the sounds of it, it's a "must do" on one of our sea days...have only been for dinner previously.

Oh Sheila, you have to do lunch in the Pinnacle, I would skip dinner there but would never miss a lunch ;)

I do not have the menu handy hopefully someone else has it to post. :o

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32102344&postcount=19

from Krazy Kruizers -- posted Jan 23, 2012.

I'm hoping to try lunch myself on our next sailing.

I think they could simplify the dessert menus quite a bit:

Rather than 3 flavour Creme-Brule - Just a classic Creme-Brule (with a proper crust on top) would be nice.

Rather than Volcano cake - a simple flourless chocolate cake w/ a Berry or Pineapple coulis would be much simpler & easier to serve, as would a Cherry Cheesecake or a Raspberry/Vanilla/Chocolate Mousse.

So far as Dinner itself:

How about a nice Rice Pilaf rather than the current plain rice w/ wheat berries? Different veggies would be nice too - Roasted Brussel Sprouts? Sauteed Green Beans/ w Almonds? I certainly dont' need anymore mushrooms dripping with butter (at least that's what the Dr says) Even some Baked Corn on the Cob or roasted & mashed Garnet yams would be enjoyable!

A simple green salad w/ balsamic vinagirette is a nice starter - but it would be nice to also offer it as a main-course salad with sliced steak or tuna on top.

How about a seared Tuna Steak?

Cioppino would be a great maindish - as long as I don't have to dig through the crablegs and shrimpshells myself...

I do enjoy the soups tho - Can't go wrong w/ the Lobster Bisque...

...tho a light Vichysoise, a Sweet Potato soup or even a cold Borscht might be a refreshing thing.

Archived