Ridiculous scene of chair hogging on serenity/Carnival needs to wake up

Universe93B

John heald just asked on Facebook.

"I hate to do this but I have to ask: The last time your cruised, did seat saving affect your ability to get a lounge chair or did you not have a problem. I am speaking to a senior beard about this on Thursday so I would like to see if it affected you. I know it’s a concern on all cruise lines and at

hotel resorts, I am trying to see if it affected your cruise so I can tell the beards......again. cheers"

Already has a lot of responses in a couple minutes.

Yup. I see that John posted this on FB. Lots of people not too happy. Hopfully they can get an attendant. I don't see how hard it would be to get one person to "police" each pool. Make so many cruisers happy.

Wishful thinking. We shall see!

It's actually one of the reasons we're considering changing cruise lines before we have too much invested in Carnival. I don't like not being able to find a spot in the sun! I'm normally cold.

I really would not change my cruise just because of this.. if nothing else get up early one day and get a chair in the sun... after 1 day you may not need another day... many do not realize how strong the Carib. sun is.

Yep - I replied to JH's FB post earlier. Doesn't bother me around the pool as we don't really care to sit there.

The Serenity Deck, however..........:mad:

Completely agree... the Serenity deck should be just that... if they can keep under 21 out then it should be no problem to "police" the chairs.

However, whether it's a $20 bill or a $22 towel left unattended, it's not yours, and it's still considered stealing by any reasonable standard.

Incorrect. It is abandoned property. Finders, keepers.

Incorrect. It is abandoned property. Finders, keepers.

So is your car, sitting in a public parking lot abandoned? However, The proving it's abandoned is not really the question.

Abandoned or not, it is NOT yours.

GP

Update from John Heald's Facebook:

I have read most of the 600 comments re lido lounge chair seat saving and it seems that we still have a huge problem regarding this and we MUST do something. Please keep them coming and I promise I will address this again at the highest possible level.

We'll see what happens!

So is your car, sitting in a public parking lot abandoned? However, The proving it's abandoned is not really the question.

Abandoned or not, it is NOT yours.

GP

um, you can prove you own that.

try proving you own a towel, or a $20 bill. :rolleyes:

For the record, I wouldn't take anything or use as gifts. Just pointing out that if you leave things out in a public setting, if the items "walk off" then whose fault is that?

Once we were at a resort beach land vacation and my son left his tshirt down at the pool. We ate lunch and about 2 hours later we went down to get it but it was already GONE. Poof. No lost and found. I don't believe it was even on a chair... Just sitting on the ground.

The pool attendant said they donate anything left after 30 mins and here was no way to retrieve it. It was a school uniform shirt too (they wear school t shirts as part of a uniform). Oh well.

I have read most of the 600 comments re lido lounge chair seat saving and it seems that we still have a huge problem regarding this and we MUST do something. Please keep them coming and I promise I will address this again at the highest possible level.

We'll see what happens!

yeah yeah yeah.

just picked a blog at random from 2009, and he basically says the same thing. and then goes on to mention it happens everwhere.

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2009/07/30/mary-had-a-little-lamb-my-arse/

he must be using white font to excluded those places that do something about in, like rci.

i guess they just think it will eventually go away, but over the years it's just gotten worse.

We'll see what happens!

Good to hear!

I really have not had problems but the Serenity deck "hogging" is scaring me

I still want to know....what do you "do" while you are waiting and timing the chairs/loungers??

do you stand there or ?? that sounds like it would be boring to just stand with a watch and keep track of chairs???

I was at The Royal in Cancun...they actually assign the pool attendant to do this

If you asked for the chair...they would wait 15 minutes...then remove the stuff.

If the people came by looking for their "crap" you would just say "the attendant has it...he removed it as no one was using the chair"

I remember people going out at 6am...setting up camp...8 am came...attendant was removing all their stuff...pretty funny to watch at 12 noon when people came out finally

Quite entertaining when he would just point to the sign...

I wonder if it's possible to give the stuff on the chair to the person who runs the towel checkout station? I would feel bad leaving someones stuff on the ground for anyone else to pick up or get ruined. I hated it when I couldn't find a chair to relax in because all the chairs were taken. It sucks when all you want to do is relax and sunbathe and you can't because there's not enough room. That is an issue cruise ships should address. And, I'm not defending anyone hogging a chair but what if you left your stuff on the chair to go get something to eat and the buffett line was long and it took along time to go through the line? I don't want to have to wake up extra early just so i could get a chair in a location that i would really love to lay at. That really sucks. Carnival should have employees dedicated to making sure people don't leave their stuff on a chair all day just so they are assured they keep that spot. They can call them the chair police. lol

I would feel bad leaving someones stuff on the ground for anyone else to pick up or get ruined.

that's their problem.

some lemmings start thier bad habits by copying what others are doing.

some see others setting up camp, so they do it as well, and eventually everyone is doing it because no on is doing it.

stop the orignaters, and you will stop the copy cats. takes a little time, but people eventually get he idea.

strage how people don't save chairs with items costing much money......

Archived