What's at the top of your "do not forget" list?

kfrost72

It's getting closer and closer to our cruise to Alaska. Swqueee!!

I'm putting together my "must bring" list and was wondering what else is at the top of other peoples, other than the obvious of clothing.

Passport---first and foremost.

Credit card---I can buy what I forgot.

Meds, make-up, jewelry---girl's gotta feel and look good.

I'd concur...those are the 3 most important things! Have a great cruise, Ruth!

Credit card---I can buy what I forgot.

Meds, make-up, jewelry---girl's gotta feel and look good.

Yup.... that is also my list....

Along with don't forget to be sure DH is along. :D

:D After six times in Alaska, my 7th is in 3 weeks, I always take an umbrella. I have only been there one time when it didnt rain somewhere. Remember, it is only water and you will dry off!!! :D I also agree, Binoculars are a must!!! Have a great trip!!

I'm putting together my "must bring" list and was wondering what else is at the top of other peoples, other than the obvious of clothing.

an "Ain't nothing going to make my cruise miserable" attitude!!!

That is the most important thing to bring with you!!:)

Joanie

Passport

Travel Alarm for the nightstand.

Rooms don't have an alarm clock?

Btw: on top of the nessassary do not forgets that others have mentioned... I have corkscrew on my list for all the I will buy in port and then drink.

Rain gear and/or coats--On our Alaska trip last summer one couple forgot their coats.

Camera(s) & extra chips...there is so many things to take pics of

Lots of OHs and AHs.

Also.... one big ear to ear SMILE!

Alaska is amazing.

Scopolamine patches. :) And several books I can read onboard and then leave in the library.

I was going to say a hat, since I forgot to bring one to the Caribbean last month, but since you'll be in Alaska...maybe a rain hat?

Have a great trip!

Passport

Meds

Camera, (extra flash storage chip and batteries)

Credit Card

Small flashlight for night stand

I agree that there is not an alarm clock but there is an easy to use automated wake up call feature on the telephone.

Don't expect the weather to be nice. Hopefully, it will. Waterproof gear, shoes and layered clothing. It can be very cold and damp. Nice gloves especially if your taking photos or using binoculars.

Like Joanie's, embarking with a good attitude.

If your going on your first cruise (Alaska draws a lot of first cruisers) read everything you can here on CC and research your excursions.

If you have never been to Alaska do the land tour post or pre cruise. Your there and Denali and the train rides are special. So many people have stated "we should have gone to Denali."

Alaska received a tremendous amount of snow this year so the waterfalls should be beautiful and plentiful. Early in the season sometimes Glacier viewing can be restrictive due to the amount of ice. Again positive attitude and the Captain's decision is always in your best interest.

Our first Hal cruise and cruise together was on the MS Volemdam cruise from Vancouver to Steward. Outstanding experience and we have sailed with Holland America since.

Last but definitely not least is if you want to ensure a great vacation you have to do a tremendous amount of planning, decisions and reservations before you go.

A real adventure. Enjoy but be prepared.

Forgot one important item. Not most important but IMO great; is make sure you get some traditional Pea Soup offered usally on Glacier viewing days.

It's a Holland America tradition as much as the Wang Wang cocktail.:D

Don't walk off and leave the passport at home.

Very definitely the most important item of all!

Without that, it won't matter how much of the other stuff I remember to bring because I won't be on the cruise.

Just about everything else can be replaced or substituted.

passport -- check

travel docs -- check

spouse -- check

meds -- check

credit cards -- check

money -- check

anything else? -- see item #5 !

I have purchased binoculars on 3 different cruises (sigh). Binocs have made it to our "pack with cameras" list and we still forget them!

Alaska cruise -- rain and sun and wind. Pick up a Tilley hat in Vancouver and it will follow you everywhere. Mine has been around the world in the last 25 years (and it went for "swims" in the Caribbean and Bay of Fundy).

Archived