2014 Deployment Thread

Andy

Bill

I am leaving in less than 3 weeks for the Journey and had hoped to booksome winter cruises for 2014.. i know i want the CR one to Mia but really want to know about Feb 2014.

As i can rent a condo for Dec/Jan I want to sail feb into March and then fly home..

any rumors yet on winter 2014??

Thanks

Robin

Hello Robin -

I've been following your Cruise Critic comments as your excitement builds for your forthcoming Norwegian Fjords and back-to-back vacation. Azamara is fortunate to have earned your dedication to the Azamara experience and your desire to sail with us sometime in February 2014.

I know that I'm sounding like a "broken record" but it's still too soon for me to be sharing any 2014 itinerary "plans" on Cruise Critic, since as "plans" they are subject to change. Frankly, our itinerary planner is still fine-tuning that specific 2014 winter period so sharing what "is written" now would be as reliable as writing on the wind.

Earlier on this thread I mentioned that that the Azamara Quest would transit the Panama Canal early in January 2014 and call at Caldera. As a result, this vessel be operating voyages from Los Angeles and Caldera until the Panama Canal transit on March 4th to Miami.

During the first-quarter of 2014, the Azamara Journey will be deployed in Asia, operating probably 14-night voyages from Singapore, Hong Kong, and Shanghai. I've already shared on a separate thread that the 17-night voyage between Hong Kong and Singapore visiting Manila, Borneo, Komodo and Bali has been schedule to operate on March 17, 2014. It is the same itinerary that was cancelled earlier this year on the Azamara Quest.

That is about as far as I can go with detail about 2014 and that includes those itineraries schedule to operate in Europe, the Mediterranean and South America for the remainder of 2014.

My best wishes for a wonderful Azamara experience ahead!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Bill, do you know if there will be a 2014 Antarctica sailing? Thank you!!

Hello 21405 -

According to the most current 2014 itinerary deployment plan, there is no Antarctica voyage scheduled for the last-half of 2014; however, there is the likelihood that one will operate in January 2015.

Hopefully, Azamara will have the opportunity of welcoming you onboard sometime very soon.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill

This is a huge help for me. it is very easy to fly from anywhere thru Atlanta to LA. then i can relax overnight and sail to CR for the canal cruise.

I will enjoy seeing Mexico again.. my first Azamara cruise was on the Journey to CA.

Please know i will be in S America for part of 2013 and Eorope too. i would never wait to come home to Azamara that long..

Thank you

Robin

Hello 21405 -

According to the most current 2014 itinerary deployment plan, there is no Antarctica voyage scheduled for the last-half of 2014; however, there is the likelihood that one will operate in January 2015.

Hopefully, Azamara will have the opportunity of welcoming you onboard sometime very soon.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thank you for the info Bill, 2015 would be perfect, that is when we were hoping to go anyway!!

A suggestion for future deployment in Europe,

Hello Bill & Andy,

I don't know what influence you have on future deployment but I have a suggestion.

All the Azamara around the British Isles cruises seem to concentrate on ports in Ireland, Scotland, the West Coast of England & London.

They are missing out on a real gem that I am sure would interest travellers from North America & other parts of the world, the port of Hull the gateway to Europe for North Sea Ferries.

Ideally located on the East Coast of England & within easy reach of York, the Dales, Whitby(Captain Cooks home Port) & many other places of interest.

Some cruise companies do use the Port & I am sure many interesting Day tours could be arranged, I know that Azamara pride themselves on visiting new destinations.

Regards

Eric

A suggestion for future deployment in Europe,

Hello Bill & Andy,

I don't know what influence you have on future deployment but I have a suggestion.

All the Azamara around the British Isles cruises seem to concentrate on ports in Ireland, Scotland, the West Coast of England & London.

They are missing out on a real gem that I am sure would interest travellers from North America & other parts of the world, the port of Hull the gateway to Europe for North Sea Ferries.

Ideally located on the East Coast of England & within easy reach of York, the Dales, Whitby(Captain Cooks home Port) & many other places of interest.

Some cruise companies do use the Port & I am sure many interesting Day tours could be arranged, I know that Azamara pride themselves on visiting new destinations.

Regards

Eric

Hello Eric -

Thank you for your time and effort to share your suggestion to consider including a visit to the Port of Hull on the east coast of England. I'll pass on your recommendation to add a new "dimension" to our future British Isles itineraries to our itinerary planner, Claudius Docekal.

Although Andy and I can share your ideas along with other Cruise Critic members with him to plant the "seed" for future consideration, the deciding factors for the Port of Hull, for example, will involve its distance (impact on speed and fuel cost) along with the remaining time available to include the expected British Isles 'marquee' ports-of-call in Ireland and Scotland which are on England's western coast.

I will let you know his response following his review of your recommendation.

Thanks again for your suggestion to differentiate our menu of destination-immersion highlights!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

here's to the west coast... i love to cruise that whole side and see peru.. i am taking one of the canal trips- not aure which one yet...

Any clarification on the "west coast" issue? January to March I mean.....as having to deal with the only options being Carnival and Disney......My heart is skipping a beat at the thought of Azamara coming "our" way!

Of course I understand that this all still speculation at this point...but just curious as to whether those of us on the west coast will have something to look forward to! (said with checkbook in hand! haha)

Any clarification on the "west coast" issue? January to March I mean.....as having to deal with the only options being Carnival and Disney......My heart is skipping a beat at the thought of Azamara coming "our" way!

Of course I understand that this all still speculation at this point...but just curious as to whether those of us on the west coast will have something to look forward to! (said with checkbook in hand! haha)

Bill posted a couple days ago about LA to CR and back.. that said sounds like mexico and maybe something in centra America- not s America

Bill posted a couple days ago about LA to CR and back.. that said sounds like mexico and maybe something in centra America- not s America

Thanks Robin! Must have missed it....but ANYTHING on Azamara out of los Angeles would be heaven! So I will keep watching...

Having watched the qualifiers for the European GP on TV today a cruise that was scheduled to include Valencia region on the equivalent weekend in the future would be perfect it is a stunning area of Spain

Thanks Robin! Must have missed it....but ANYTHING on Azamara out of los Angeles would be heaven! So I will keep watching...

you are so welcome.. it was a post starting with my name. thinking of flying to LA and getting on ship and sailing to Mia and then fly to NC. sounds like about 3 weeks of cruising. hope it works out.

• 4 weeks later...

Waiting with anticipation for 2014 dates. Can u give us a hint of when we MIGHT expect the new itineraries to be released. I hear Oceania's may be out next month so would like to compare itineraries before we decide. Thank you.

We live in California and would book anything departing close to home. We did the Baltic on Azamara in June and will do a Transatlantic on Celebrity in Nov. Dreading the flight overseas again. From Palm Springs it takes us 12 hours to get to Florida as no nonstop flights. I would love to see Mexico again.

Waiting with anticipation for 2014 dates. Can u give us a hint of when we MIGHT expect the new itineraries to be released. I hear Oceania's may be out next month so would like to compare itineraries before we decide. Thank you.

Bill, could you give any insight?

Bill, could you give any insight?

Hello Jack1 -

I'll check again with our itinerary planner and marketing department when I might be able to share highlights of our 2014 itinerary plans. I know that their announcement is not a function of the release dates of other cruise line operators.

I believe that our 2014 deployment is closer to being finalized; however, it is not ready to be released as our focus still remains on 2013.

I will let you know what I've learned about the expected release date and thank you again for your continued patience.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Jack1 -

Here's a quick response:

I've learned that our 2014 itinerary deployment has been completed and following one last review by all concerned in its creation, will be released no later than early September.

It seems that we're reaching the finish line!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

one more happy day at sea... on the Journey.. tried to get info on ship... but nothing new that bill has not told us..

i did see a paper but not in my hand that still has the 2 Panama canal cruises and the CR to LA and back. can you think Mexico... i know i will book from mid feb to mia on the quest.

nothing on the journey yet for summmer of 2014.

tomorrow night having dinnner with the johaness and the man who is planning 2014 for us.. i hope to know for sure when i can book winter and summmer of 2014. at least i have my future cruise bookings to plan ahead.

learned tonight that info is done and being inputed on computers.. we should know the end of august or early sept all of 2014.. i was told several winter ports of calll with lots of places in CR and some mexico depending on what we book.

stil LA to CR and hen on to Mia in March. .but info is floating in my head now.. looks to me about 4 to 6 weeks of cruising that winter.

also we will have summer too at the same time. YEA!!

• 2 weeks later...

We are also eagerly awaiting the 2014 itineraries - we have booked the 13th January 2013 Indonesia cruise and hoping Azamara still intend to repeat the Borneo cruise on 17th March 2014 as it sounds wonderful. If not, Vietnam and Thailand are on our 'list' (amongst others!)

Looking forward to 2014 news - I love to cruise on Azamara, but want new cities, not a repeat of past years. Once I have been somewhere, I really want to move on and try someting different! Hard for cruise ships - I realize it would be very expensive to bring all new every year!

Was dissapointed in 2013 the cape of S AM - too few ports, too many days at sea, even on Azamara!

Archived