2014 Deployment Thread

Andy

I learned a few things yesterday onboard Journey.

As we already know, Quest will transition through the Panama Canal early 2014, and then sail a series of Mexican Riviera cruises between Los Angeles and Costa Rica. In February 2014, there is one California cruise, round trip from Los Angeles, calling at Santa Barbera, Monterey, San Francisco and Ensenada. In March the ship will transition back through the Panama Canal (via New Orleans!) to Miami and then on to Europe, for a regular season of Northern European and Mediterranean cruises. (I wonder if you can go back2back2back from Los Angeles to Europe!) At the end of 2014, Quest will head to Brazil and Argentina for a new season of LatAm cruises.

Journey is pretty straightforward: Asia (including Northern Asia, Phillipines and Indonesia - like last year's ill-fated cruise), Mediterranean (including 3 different Black Sea itineraries) and then back to Asia at the end of 2014.

Interestingly, in 2014 both ships will do the Monaco F1 sailing (due to its popularity) and meet in Kotor fjord on one occasion and then both sail from Kotor to Venice.

Floris

As we already know, Quest will transition through the Panama Canal early 2014, and then sail a series of Mexican Riviera cruises between Los Angeles and Costa Rica. In February 2014, there is one California cruise, round trip from Los Angeles, calling at Santa Barbera, Monterey, San Francisco and Ensenada. In March the ship will transition back through the Panama Canal (via New Orleans!) to Miami and then on to Europe, for a regular season of Northern European and Mediterranean cruises. (I wonder if you can go back2back2back from Los Angeles to Europe!) At the end of 2014, Quest will head to Brazil and Argentina for a new season of LatAm cruises.

I knew al lthis on the Journey. I also knew about the short West coast cruise. i decided against it because i do not want to take cold weather clothes. i do know that there are several CR ports and iam sure panama port too. Feb 18th as far as i remember is the LA to CR run-then leaving CR with a stop in Orleans to MIA on i think March 4th. sounds like 2 great cruises.

Interestingly, in 2014 both ships will do the Monaco F1 sailing (due to its popularity) and meet in Kotor fjord on one occasion and then both sail from Kotor to Venice.

Floris

iam not sure what F1 means at all but in 2013 both ships wil lbe in Kotor for about an hour and meet in Venice for a day.. i will be lucky enough to see them togather in both ports.. hope to be able to work something out to see friends on the Journey.

looks like 2014 will be the Journey in the Black Sea etc. .i wil lstay on her for a month..

thanks

Robin

Well, I guess we will have to wait till Azamara gets a third ship to find Alaska, Hawaii, Society Islands, and Australia, eh?

I did the Beijing to Vancouver trip on the Diamond Princess this past Spring. It was the voyage of a lifetime. Stops in Delain, Busan, Vladivostok, Saporo, Seward, Glacier Bay, Skagway, Juneau, and Ketchikan. The Chinese people were amazing! Half knew English and all were anxious to talk, and more importantly, to laugh! All the ports were great.

I point this cruise out because someone earlier in this thread said they hoped for it on Azamara. I join that wish. I have only a few sailings under my belt, so I am looking around for what to try. I think Azamara might be on my list. I, especially, would love that Black Sea in August, fantastic itenerary.

Meanwhile, I will keep abreast of things here on CC. Everyone here enjoy you journeys [and Quests :D]. See you soon.

Doug

PS: "A 'bad' cruise is better than about the best day ashore".

• 2 weeks later...

My husband & I are very eager to see the 2014 itinerary (putting on a new deck will be our 'cruise' for 2013! RATS!) & I idly went over to the Crystal Board (we sailed on Crystal once & didn't find in them a comfortable fit although we liked them very much). They are posting 2015 itineraries now, with 2014 firm.

It seems to me that the one area that Azamara needs to pull up its socks on is customer information/publicity - & this is a glaring need. When we sailed this spring our shore itineraries were not posted until awfully close to the sail date --- one is always antsy to make these plans & the suspense was killing!

With the deck budgeted for in 2013, I want to be able to book a cruise to SE Asia as soon as possible for 2014 & hope that we might see these itineraries very very soon. It's really too bad when the competition is rolling out their itineraries a year ahead of Az!!!

Based on posts above, it appears the release for 2014 itineraries will be done in the next 10 days or so.

Hi Reggiefan,

I've not heard anything specific, but I do believe that 2014 will be released shortly. Stay Tuned !

Hi Reggiefan,

I've not heard anything specific, but I do believe that 2014 will be released shortly. Stay Tuned !

thought about calling them this week.. i have several i want for winter and need the summer ones to plan too.

Happy Memorial Day , all! I for one am grateful that my son is home form his US Marine deployment in Afganistan recently. I pray for all those still serving there.

My question is, will Azamara think about returning to the wonderful little island of Mayreau! I was on Journey in November, 2012 and it was a wonderful stop. Only 300 residents on this little island and Azamara hosted a wonderful picnic lunch on the beach, which had a nice set up with a shelter or two and restrooms. Water, beach and view were marvelous. I don't see it on the itinerary for the Caribbean now. Azamara also had a few ship excursions to neighboring islands and I did take the morning one to snorkel and see the island where Johnny Depp was stranded in one of his Pirate movies. All those tall palm trees!That sailing on November 27 had a great itinerary Maybe Bill L. can address this or at least note that this island should be considered again.

Just a personal note, I'm so happy your son's safe return from Afganistan. I thank him and your family for your service.

When will the 2014 be released and where can we see it first?

Good question, zona95. I called Miami yesterday and was told, end of the year.

"Excuse me, did you say the end of the year, like December??"

"Yeah that's right. End of the year."

So, I think it might be a bit of a wait...

Good question, zona95. I called Miami yesterday and was told, end of the year.

"Excuse me, did you say the end of the year, like December??"

"Yeah that's right. End of the year."

So, I think it might be a bit of a wait...

Hi Ithikan & Zona,

Unless something has changed, I believe the information you received was inaccurate. I do not have a date, but I believe that 2014 will be announced sooner, rather than later.

Perhaps Bill Leiber will share an update with us. Stay Tuned !

Hi Ithikan & Zona,

Unless something has changed, I believe the information you received was inaccurate. I do not have a date, but I believe that 2014 will be announced sooner, rather than later.

Hi Andy and others

last i heard was this month. here's hoping!

Hi Ithikan & Zona,

Hello Azamara 2014 Itinerary Enthusiasts -

In my July 26 update report I mentioned that our 2014 itinerary deployment had been completed and was being reviewed "by all concerned in its creation" and estimated that it would be released sometime in early September.

I just learned from our itinerary planner, Claudius Docekal, that there are a few issues that need to be resolved: 1) minor port and port time changes due to berthing and bunkering decisions and 2) that the port of Mumbai is not available for four consecutive days which will impact the two positioning cruises from Singapore to Mumbai and from Mumbai to Piraeus. This issue should be solved sometime next week and contingent on that outcome, I hope to provide you with a deployment summary on both vessels. These itineraries still have to be entered into our reservation system and will not be available for booking at that time.

So, it's just a little while longer and I thank you all for your continued patience.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

• 2 weeks later...

In my July 26 update report I mentioned that our 2014 itinerary deployment had been completed and was being reviewed "by all concerned in its creation" and estimated that it would be released sometime in early September.

I just learned from our itinerary planner, Claudius Docekal, that there are a few issues that need to be resolved: 1) minor port and port time changes due to berthing and bunkering decisions and 2) that the port of Mumbai is not available for four consecutive days which will impact the two positioning cruises from Singapore to Mumbai and from Mumbai to Piraeus. This issue should be solved sometime next week and contingent on that outcome, I hope to provide you with a deployment summary on both vessels. These itineraries still have to be entered into our reservation system and will not be available for booking at that time.

So, it's just a little while longer and I thank you all for your continued patience.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill

I wonder if you can give us an update of when the itineraries might be published - appreciate all the challenges the team has aligning plans with dock schedules!

Unfortunately my DH has to commit to business dates in the next week for January -April 2014 and we want to have a cruise in the Far East/China in that period. We can see options on Celebrity but our preference would really be Azamara.

Thanks

Ann

I been told that the 2014 itineraries will be live in the system sometime early in the week of September 24, 2012, with the target set for Tuesday, September 25.

At this time, Andy and I are still waiting for an overview document that provides a deployment summary for both vessels so that we can provide a preview for you on Cruise Critic.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill

I wonder if you can give us an update of when the itineraries might be published - appreciate all the challenges the team has aligning plans with dock schedules!

Unfortunately my DH has to commit to business dates in the next week for January -April 2014 and we want to have a cruise in the Far East/China in that period. We can see options on Celebrity but our preference would really be Azamara.

Thanks

Ann

Hello Ann -

We do hope that we can welcome you back onboard Azamara in 2014 for an Azamara Journey voyage operating in the Far East/China sometime between January and April.

We will be operating three two-week Thailand & Vietnam voyages in January and the first-half of February followed by an East China Sea and Japan 14-night voyage (Hong Kong - Shanghai) in the last-half of February. March will feature a 14-night Orient Trade Routes voyage (Shanghai -Hong Kong) and a 17-night President's Cruise (Hong Kong - Singapore). In early April, the Journey will operate a 12-night Singapore to Mumbai "Spice Route" voyage.

Hopefully, by next Tuesday or Wednesday, you'll be able to see these voyages in detail on our website.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Ann -

We do hope that we can welcome you back onboard Azamara in 2014 for an Azamara Journey voyage operating in the Far East/China sometime between January and April.

We will be operating three two-week Thailand & Vietnam voyages in January and the first-half of February followed by an East China Sea and Japan 14-night voyage (Hong Kong - Shanghai) in the last-half of February. March will feature a 14-night Orient Trade Routes voyage (Shanghai -Hong Kong) and a 17-night President's Cruise (Hong Kong - Singapore). In early April, the Journey will operate a 12-night Singapore to Mumbai "Spice Route" voyage.

Hopefully, by next Tuesday or Wednesday, you'll be able to see these voyages in detail on our website.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

[size=3

Thanks Bill

That's wonderful and exactly what we needed to hear. We managed to secure a further week before committing to work dates and now looks like the trip we want is in our time frame:)

I think next week our stars will align!

Thank you for fielding our questions as ever

Archived