Why are there no Bermuda cruises from Florida?

I had been looking for that also. At the time I found one cruise line that sails from Florida to Bermuda. Can't remember which line but it was crazy expensive.

Costa did it a couple of years ago from Port Everglades. The first year it was in Bermuda for 1 day and then to Nassau. The second year was in Bermuda for 2 1/2 days and one day in Nassau. We did it....loved Bermuda..but would never sail on Costa again.

Marc

I guess for the same reason Baltimore doesn't go anywhere but Bermuda or N.E. somewhere close!

? Cruises from Baltimore go to the Caribbean and the Bahamas. The distance to Bermuda is a lot farther from FL than from Baltimore or NJ.

I guess for the same reason Baltimore doesn't go anywhere but Bermuda or N.E. somewhere close!

Let's see: Enchantment of the Seas and Carnival Pride cruise from Baltimore to the Bahamas. So distance obviously is not a problem.

I was doing some searching (and dreaming) today on a travel website for RT cruises from Miami and Fort Lauderdale in April 2013 to any destination. I found cruises to Bermuda on MSC Poesia, Oceania Regatta, and Seven Seas Navigator. There were also several TA's from Florida with stops in Bermuda on the way to Europe.

Bermuda is at 32 degrees north, quite a bit North of Lauderdale and Miami. Most people want to sail in more southerly, warmer waters. It is also quite a bit east. Miami to Bermuda is 1100 miles

Basically, you can go to St Martin or you can go to Bermuda. I think most people sailing out of Florida would choose St Martin.

I had been looking for that also. At the time I found one cruise line that sails from Florida to Bermuda. Can't remember which line but it was crazy expensive.

Regent does one - once time per year. It IS crazy expensive and not a good line for kids, but for adults, it is heaven on the water. If I could afford it, I would do it every year, but that is a big if. I have done twice and hope to do it again, but things will have to get better before that could happen.

Bermuda is at 32 degrees north, quite a bit North of Lauderdale and Miami. Most people want to sail in more southerly, warmer waters. It is also quite a bit east. Miami to Bermuda is 1100 miles

Basically, you can go to St Martin or you can go to Bermuda. I think most people sailing out of Florida would choose St Martin.

Not this Floridaian. I would take Bermuda every time if I could.

I would imagine FL to Bermuda would be a 2.5 day sail, so that you would have to have a 7 day trip lined up for it to work. The most ports you could include would be two... Hamilton and most likely Nassau (not a biggie on many people's list) or possibly a private island. I think the bulk of the cruisers prefer port days over sea days, so only two stops in seven may not be a huge draw for a lot of people. Throw in the added feature that the waters are more often rough out in Bermudaland, that's not a huge drawing card either. Limited demand and the price of oil are in the mix as to why there is no Bermuda from Florida.

MSC has a cruise to Bermuda in April 2013 from Fl that is reasonably priced. I'm thinking about doing that one.

I did a Bermuda cruise once from NY and didn't like it.....too cold leaving from NY.

MSC has a cruise to Bermuda in April 2013 from Fl that is reasonably priced. I'm thinking about doing that one.

I did a Bermuda cruise once from NY and didn't like it.....too cold leaving from NY.

Have you sailed MSC before? I'm sorry but POESIA is the last ship I'd sail from the US to Bermuda. Personally I'd suffer through another airplane ride or drive to Baltimore to get to a better ship if you didn't like leaving out of NYC.

Have you sailed MSC before? I'm sorry but POESIA is the last ship I'd sail from the US to Bermuda. Personally I'd suffer through another airplane ride or drive to Baltimore to get to a better ship if you didn't like leaving out of NYC.

No, I have never sailed MSC but I would like to go to Bermuda from Florida so I was considering this cruise. I am a loyal RC fan so tell me.....

I would imagine FL to Bermuda would be a 2.5 day sail, so that you would have to have a 7 day trip lined up for it to work. The most ports you could include would be two... Hamilton and most likely Nassau (not a biggie on many people's list) or possibly a private island. I think the bulk of the cruisers prefer port days over sea days, so only two stops in seven may not be a huge draw for a lot of people. Throw in the added feature that the waters are more often rough out in Bermudaland, that's not a huge drawing card either. Limited demand and the price of oil are in the mix as to why there is no Bermuda from Florida.

They have many Bermuda both 5 and 7 day from NYC/NJ so I really don't quite understand why they don't have the FL. PC and even Jacksonville are in the northern portion of the state to make the trip similar to the NY trips. There are even the 7/8 day out of NY/NJ for Bahamas and FL so distance cannot be the only factor

No, I have never sailed MSC but I would like to go to Bermuda from Florida so I was considering this cruise. I am a loyal RC fan so tell me.....

I know reviews are subjective but I would probably read those here on Cruise Critic. I've had acquaintances sail MSC and were they were quite disappointed in the food and service. I think the comparison was to dog food if I remember correctly. :cool:

Are you wanting to cruise from Florida because it's closer or a matter of convenience?

Personally I would prefer three nice long full days in Bermuda like what is offered by Celebrity Cruises or NCL than visit Nassau again. The first night in Bermuda on POESIA is a bit of a wash since you don't dock until 8pm.

Not sure what time of year you left out of NYC on your Bermuda cruise and it was cold, but there are plenty that sail from May-September. Plenty warm enough then. ;)

They have many Bermuda both 5 and 7 day from NYC/NJ so I really don't quite understand why they don't have the FL. PC and even Jacksonville are in the northern portion of the state to make the trip similar to the NY trips. There are even the 7/8 day out of NY/NJ for Bahamas and FL so distance cannot be the only factor

Bermuda on a 5 day out of NY/NJ is certainly doable as is the 7-9 day itins to the Bahamas and such. That's about the extent of the warm spots you have available from those northern ports and they are just using what is available to them. On the other hand there are so many islands they can head to from anywhere in Florida that can offer 3-5 ports on a 7 day itin. They won't have to push the ship at warp speed and I believe more people gravitate towards more ports. Bermuda from Florida would be more of a niche market and I think they are just putting the ships where they can get the biggest bang for the buck. I certainly would not mind if they offered a Bermuda itinerary.

This question surfaces on a regular though infrequent basis. There have been instances in the past when a line has offered such an itinerary and apparently it did not prove popular or profitable. Rest assured if there was sufficient demand for such sailings and the cruiselines could set fares at a level that guaranteed them more profit than they can obtain from their cruises to locations in the Bahamas or the Caribbean, they would do so. Bermuda is a popular destination for many who live on the East Coast and they have the opportunity to sail there from Boston, New York/NJ, Baltimore and other ports along the Eastern Seaboard. It doesn't appear to have the same appeal to enough Floridians to justify committing a ship to such an itinerary. Supply and demand still rules.:)

Bermuda on a 5 day out of NY/NJ is certainly doable as is the 7-9 day itins to the Bahamas and such. That's about the extent of the warm spots you have available from those northern ports and they are just using what is available to them. On the other hand there are so many islands they can head to from anywhere in Florida that can offer 3-5 ports on a 7 day itin. They won't have to push the ship at warp speed and I believe more people gravitate towards more ports. Bermuda from Florida would be more of a niche market and I think they are just putting the ships where they can get the biggest bang for the buck. I certainly would not mind if they offered a Bermuda itinerary.

Oh, yes, I agree with you. It is much easier to sail south to the Caribbean and probably for the most part a sure bet for good weather etc. Why go north with basically only one option. If a hurricane hits in the Caribbean many places to go, with Bermuda, no real islands just some eastern ports.

Archived