goccl website

OKCruiseMan

I have found that many posts have links back to information on the above website (which appears to be for travel agents - which I am not). However the links to the information still work, I'm just not able to get to the information directly. I've found that many times I can do a search from the home page and get to the information, but is there a better or easier way? Maybe a generic read-only type of login? Appears to lots of good info, if I could see it?

I have found that many posts have links back to information on the above website (which appears to be for travel agents - which I am not). However the links to the information still work, I'm just not able to get to the information directly. I've found that many times I can do a search from the home page and get to the information, but is there a better or easier way? Maybe a generic read-only type of login? Appears to lots of good info, if I could see it?

I know what you are talking about, but this site has so much info. It goes on and on into tons of different areas..anything that is purple, you can click on and it will go into further explanation

http://www.*****/carnival/info.html

If you are not a TA, then you are not supposed to have access to goccl. They moved it once and tried to keep the hackers from getting into the pages, but hackers will prevail, and as you mentioned .. they have links to the new site.

If there ever was a generic sign in .. and Carnival found out .. they would have to move the site again to a new name. You cant sign in because you are not allowed to, lmao.

If you are not a TA, then you are not supposed to have access to goccl. They moved it once and tried to keep the hackers from getting into the pages, but hackers will prevail, and as you mentioned .. they have links to the new site.

If there ever was a generic sign in .. and Carnival found out .. they would have to move the site again to a new name. You cant sign in because you are not allowed to, lmao.

Hackers? lol

If Carnival didnt want people to access the site, they could make it all password protected. If I can google a site and it comes up, that doesnt make me a hacker.

Some TA have an issue with people accessing info from the site, because they would rather keep that info to themselves.

Too bad more of the information is not available to the public. I was able to get to information on goccl as to what balconies connect to each other, which is nice to have when you are trying to book more than one cabin, but could not find it on their main web site.

It's not a specific way to navigate the site. However if you think there is specific information you want you can go to Google and do a site specific search.

something like this in the search box:

site:goccl.com breeze deckplan

or similiar

As far as 'hackers' getting to the site. I agree. If Carnival didn't want the information accessible, and felt that the public viewing these pages were akin to 'hacking', then they have a really really poor web team. "Attempting security through obscurity isn't security at all" If they really didn't want it accessed, they could properly secure the information.

• 6 months later...
Is GOCCL dot com only for travel agents, etc. I often see referrals to info on there but the registration process indicates a business profile is needed.

When I have asked this question previously, I was told this is only for travel agents.

If you are looking for information about Dining on CCL including menus.

And prices for all beverages including the cost for the "Bottomless Bubbles" unlimited soda program.

The following Goccl dot com link is still in the "clear".

This means the link works.:D

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

Bookmark it!:)

• 2 months later...

Some of the items which are good on Goccl.com, most of which has been available for some time (years) through a simple Google search, which is now getting a 404 page not found, which would also apply to the agents, for those specific links:

The Cruise Ship Interactive Map (Deck Plan), with which you can find in seconds all the floors and exact locations of Self Serve Laundry and Ironing rooms, the same for the different food venues, and a few other things. The in seconds all the floors and exact locations aspect is different than any of the other major deck plans, including the PDF versions. :)

The Dining Onboard page, linking off to other pages, which has lots of info not easily available elsewhere, including some food and bar menus not on Carnival.com, MDR dining table sizes by cruise ship, and lots more. :)

The Goccl Cruise Ship Facts page per ship, which has more than the Carnival.com Ship Facts pages, most notably the Dry Dock History and Future Plan Dates. :)

Why wouldn't these pages be available to no cruise agents...the information is not really booking, or booking methods info and that particular info and others should not be secret or not be withheld from the regular cruisers. :)

Most of the Goccl is now getting a 404 Not Found message when one tries to link to those previously available pages. The 404 Not Found is not a security message and also means that currently even travel agents cannot see the pages by clicking on the same link...even though they have been available to all through a simple Google search for years, and available to all, of course, from the goccl links posted in this forum and others for years.

Why wouldn't these pages be available to no cruise agents...the information is not really booking, or booking methods info and that particular info and others should not be secret or not be withheld from the regular cruisers. :)

Exactly! Plus, the website appears to have now been taken down. It always provided detailed room information as well, including what rooms can take trundles, if the room has 2 windows, if it has a sofa, which balconies connect to each other, etc, etc, etc. Most of that info is not available anywhere else. I don't know why Carnival doesn't want us to know these things. It would be extremely helpful for some people when trying to pick a room or a cruise.

I have a goccl login- when I have tried to access their Knowledge Base (which is the area all those links are to) on the main page it says it is currently down and they apologize for the inconvenience. I think they are working on it.

To answer OPs question- Yes it is for agents but a lot of info is accessible- or WAS accessible. You can't get a login without a CLIA number and Agency info.

Hackers? lol

If Carnival didnt want people to access the site, they could make it all password protected. If I can google a site and it comes up, that doesnt make me a hacker.

Some TA have an issue with people accessing info from the site, because they would rather keep that info to themselves.

I'm a web developer and I can tell you that either Carnival doesn't care that the public can access those pages or they don't have a very good web team. If a site is secured properly only an experienced hacker could access the pages. And it's very easy to tell Google not to crawl the pages so they show up on a search. The e-commerce site I work on has a test environment that's on an outside server - and you can't access it unless you have a user name and password. And we've had hackers try :p

My sister is a travel agent so I have access to goccl.com - and it's a mess! I don't know why they don't make some of the useful information available on carnival.com - which is also a bit of a mess.

The reason you are seeing 404 not found errors is because they have changed the name of the page or moved it to a different folder/directory. The page is still there and you can probably get to it from a link that's behind the firewall aka password protected section.

Archived