Do you use the ship pools? Hot tubs?

flintg

Not often but I have and will again. My last cruise was Alaska and the weather did not inspire a need to go swimming.. :rolleyes: I suspect that the weather in the Mediterranean in August will make it more appealing.. :cool:

Princess is very vigilant about pool maintenance.. Remember that lakes and the ocean are not always so well maintained.. ( you know what fish do there!)

Swimming in the pools is not a problem for me. I do avoid the pools where the kids are and head to the adult pools. Often, after doing a full day of excursions, it is nice to jump into a pool that is a bit cool and refreshing. I'll float around a bit and enjoy one of the few foo-foo drinks I'll get on the cruise.

On Princess and RCCL at least I will because both do a certain level of real time monitoring as well as spot testing. With some basic precautions like rinsing off after exiting the pool and not swimming with open or healing cuts, you will generally be fine unless you have a weak immune system.

The WORST thing you can do is swim, then go grab something to eat without washing up.

We love the longer cruises with older passengers because the public decks seem to clear out by 5. We loved getting a glass of wine and going to the aft hot tub and watching the sunset. But most of the new ships have the kids area in the back and no hot tub. I also bring one swim suit for the hot tubs - don't wear my good suits.

At Christmas we never went in any pool or hot tub. Just too crowded all hours. Again, I love longer cruises.

Always in pools, hot tubs & especially steam rooms to excess! But remember, best to keep your mouth shut, your eyes closed and a good poolside shower when you get out. With the hot sun shining, it doesn't get any better - although I have enjoyed more than one rain shower while in for a soaking too! :D

I hate to point it out to you but they change the water constantly while they are out at sea and they have standards to meet to insure the safety of their guest too! So just jump in the pool already!

We love the longer cruises with older passengers because the public decks seem to clear out by 5. We loved getting a glass of wine and going to the aft hot tub and watching the sunset. But most of the new ships have the kids area in the back and no hot tub. I also bring one swim suit for the hot tubs - don't wear my good suits.

At Christmas we never went in any pool or hot tub. Just too crowded all hours. Again, I love longer cruises.

We LOVED the aft hot tub on the Emerald - it is a newer ship, but the hot tub is on the starboard side of the deck and the kids club is on the port side. We went up there for sail away every day we were in port - great views!

Yes and yes, usually an adult pool/jacuzzi. :D I have never had a problem, knock wood! I do see the waters being tested pretty frequently.

We also enjoy both in the early evening.We alway rinse before and after the hot showers as soon as we return to our cabin. As you said knock on wood. We generally are on longer trips also not many kids. But this is only on Princess. Carnival had far to many young kids jumping in the adult pools each time we sailed with them for our teenaged sons a few years back. And NCL have only been short trips just no time yet still have lots of yearly trips to plan (fingers crossed).:D

Enjoy, Laura

Remember what they call the proverbial infant in the pool with the diaper on?

A fecal tea bag. :eek:

Well, it's not just kids in the pools with swim diapers. I've seen adults climb out of both hot tubs and swimming pools with obvious diapers on--despite signs prohibiting diapers of any sort in the pools.

So, I don't go into the pools.

Archived