Elite Mini-Bar Set Up

DiRon

Probably not the right place to ask, but, we are doing a b2b and are changing cabins. I know we won't use everything in the mini-bar set-up on the first cruise. Will they give us something to put it all in so the room stewards can move it to the new cabin or should we put it all in our luggage :confused:

I chuck everything in the suitcase.

When we move I just do it as fast as possible so we can get everything put away and get settled.

They don't really have anything. Some say use the drawers from the cabin a swap them out but find this to be a bigger pain then anything.

They do have a hotel type cart that has the clothes bar so hanging everything there leaves a ton of room in the suitcase.

You may have to bring hangers back to the old cabin.

This IS an old thread. On our last two large ships, trade outs weren't exchanged until the evening or often the next day.

Agree. Room service can be too busy on the first day.

I realise that the mini bar has a set up cost, so trades have to comply with the

overall value. Could I exchange the set up for 12 Canadian Club and 6 Coke?

1 can of soda is sufficient for our 2 drinks.

Agree. Room service can be too busy on the first day.

I realise that the mini bar has a set up cost, so trades have to comply with the

I find that room service never answers on embarkation day until late afternoon or evening.

The mini bar is not based on value anymore.

So no.....

Its one for one.

Liquor for liquor, beer for beer etc.

Here's what the Captain's Circle benefits state:

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

There are only 10 alcoholic & 10 non-alcoholic drinks so you couldn't do the swap you asked about doing.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

Edited by Astro Flyer

Here's what the Captain's Circle benefits state:

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

There are only 10 alcoholic & 10 non-alcoholic drinks so you couldn't do the swap you asked about doing.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

Good to know. Thanks for that.

On one cruise this past year, I traded out all the alcohol for beer and all the non-alcohol for Diet Coke. (Then I gave it all away to my adult children who were sailing with me.) The room service guy said that was the easiest swap he'd done. LOL.

On one cruise this past year, I traded out all the alcohol for beer and all the non-alcohol for Diet Coke. (Then I gave it all away to my adult children who were sailing with me.) The room service guy said that was the easiest swap he'd done. LOL.

Obviously he had not done our swap for the same items. ;) Although a swap for coffee cards would be even easier. :)

I usually phone room service and request the change I want and leave it up to them as to when it gets done....normally it is done within a few hours.

On our recent Russian-Scandinavian cruise we had the experience of having a 2nd set up delivered. It was not a B/B, we had embarked in Warnamunde and of course the mini bar was stocked but when we docked in Copenhagen it was restocked ..... naturally I phoned room service and told them they had made a mistake.;)

If it could have been booked as two separate cruises, even though you booked it as one you will still get a set up on each leg.

On a recent cruise we had a cabin mix-up:rolleyes::eek:

So we went to the cabin assigned on the manifest and our set up was there as it should be. It appeared the mix up might not be resolved so we unpacked our clothing. By 7 pm that night they had our correct cabin ready and we left the mini bar in place. When we arrived in our new cabin a new mini set up was there. After getting settled in, the attendant who moved us knocked on our door and presented us with the blue princess give-away bag full of the mini bar items. Our new room attendant told us to keep it all.

I am just mentioning this cuz I would never have believed those freebee bags would carry that much weight. So there is your answer for moving any left overs.

Once we arrive in the cabin, I trade out the liquor for gin and the other drinks for a mix of tonic water for me and diet coke for the DW. Last time room service did not make the trade until that night after we had sailed. I imagine they were busy and I was not in much of a rush. They did bring our pre-purchased bottle of wine though before we sailed so that we could stand on the balcony for the bon voyage. :D

On a recent cruise we had a cabin mix-up:rolleyes::eek:

So we went to the cabin assigned on the manifest and our set up was there as it should be. It appeared the mix up might not be resolved so we unpacked our clothing. By 7 pm that night they had our correct cabin ready and we left the mini bar in place. When we arrived in our new cabin a new mini set up was there. After getting settled in, the attendant who moved us knocked on our door and presented us with the blue princess give-away bag full of the mini bar items. Our new room attendant told us to keep it all.

I am just mentioning this cuz I would never have believed those freebee bags would carry that much weight. So there is your answer for moving any left overs.

Perfect....that thought never even entered this tired brain :rolleyes: Didn't want any tonic water to explode in my suitcase :eek: Thanks:)