Elite Mini-Bar Set Up

DiRon

Last cruise the change out happened with in about 2 hours. We swapped for two coffee cards.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska, Caribbean Princess 2015 Western Caribbean[/color]

Last time we were on Ruby we traded in all the little bottles of booze for all the cognac so hubby could have them with sprite. I called and they told me it would be 1 pm before they could do it. So called back at 1 and within 15 minutes they were there.

also traded in some of the soda, fizzy water, etc for stuff we wanted. Absolutely no issue with anything.

Pretty sure I even traded the Dos Equis for miller Lite

I usually phone room service and request the change I want and leave it up to them as to when it gets done....normally it is done within a few hours.

On our recent Russian-Scandinavian cruise we had the experience of having a 2nd set up delivered. It was not a B/B, we had embarked in Warnamunde and of course the mini bar was stocked but when we docked in Copenhagen it was restocked ..... naturally I phoned room service and told them they had made a mistake.;)

I believe I read this before, but just want to check. If you are Elite and in a suite, do you get 2 set-ups? And, they don't bring the 2nd one, you have to request it?
Sometimes we have had both set-ups delivered at the same time. With two set-ups we trade one in for two coffee cards. They had to bring one whole set-up back.

• 4 weeks later...
I know the bar can be traded for coffee cRds. Can it be traded for soda cards?

Thanks

There isn't a true soda card & trading a minibar for the unlimited soda sticker is not an option.

This link to the Princess Captain's Circle benefits shows minibar trade in options:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

Edited by Astro Flyer

I have never understood why RUM isn’t an option :-(

Only once years ago was rum (and Canadian whiskey) an option & like you I wonder why not.

With Sprite & Coke minibar options, rum & coke or 7&7 are popular easy to make drinks in our cabin. My taste isn't sophisticated enough to appreciate scotch or cognac and wish they'd have rum & whiskey to mix with the sodas from our minibar.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Only once years ago was rum (and Canadian whiskey) an option & like you I wonder why not.

With Sprite & Coke minibar options, rum & coke or 7&7 are popular easy to make drinks in our cabin. My taste isn't sophisticated enough to appreciate scotch or cognac and wish they'd have rum & whiskey to mix with the sodas from our minibar.

Rum used to be an option when you could make changes on the website. By the time we made Elite in 2012, both the rum and the ability to make changes online were gone [emoji45] Edited by IECalCruiser

Rum used to be an option when you could make changes on the website. By the time we made Elite in 2012, both the rum and the ability to make changes online were gone [emoji45]

Actually quite a few times I swapped the mini bar for 2 rum and coke's with 2 bottles and 24 cans.

No mas......:(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Probably not the right place to ask, but, we are doing a b2b and are changing cabins. I know we won't use everything in the mini-bar set-up on the first cruise. Will they give us something to put it all in so the room stewards can move it to the new cabin or should we put it all in our luggage :confused: