Room Service Canapés?

Aloha 1

We'll shortly be on the Pacific Princess. On the website you can order "gifts" of canapés to the stateroom ahead of time. Can you also order these from room service once on board? Is there a price difference?

I'm pretty sure the canapes are the same price whether ordered pre cruise or from room service. But I'll tell you they are not very good, you might want to consider the chocolate covered strawberries or chips and guacamole. We felt the canapes were somewhat dryed out and tasteless.

We'll shortly be on the Pacific Princess. On the website you can order "gifts" of canapés to the stateroom ahead of time. Can you also order these from room service once on board? Is there a price difference?

Forget it. You DO NOT want those canapes We get them free and don't take them. Choc. covered strawberries OK, but not anything else.

We also did not enjoy the canapes. We found them not up to par with other food choices. We like to get a plate of cheese from the buffet. If we don't do that, the salty mix you can get in a bar with a drink is OK as well.

I'm pretty sure the canapes are the same price whether ordered pre cruise or from room service. But I'll tell you they are not very good, you might want to consider the chocolate covered strawberries or chips and guacamole. We felt the canapes were somewhat dryed out and tasteless.

Forget it. You DO NOT want those canapes We get them free and don't take them. Choc. covered strawberries OK, but not anything else.

Yes, get the chocolate covered strawberries. Only worthwhile item on the list of canapes.

I agree. I, too, get them for free and they're soggy or tasteless no matter which ones I select. I don't order them any more because they're a waste and I can't imagine actually paying for them. Pretty darned bad.

Depending on the time of year and the source the stawberries can also be quite tasteless with no juice and with one bite and all the choclate breaks off in pieces.

Yikes, I'm glad I never had that experience. I've enjoyed chocolate covered strawberries on my balcony with family or friends a few times and they were good.

I think you can also get shrimp on ice? But not sure and not sure how good it is.

We also did not enjoy the canapes. We found them not up to par with other food choices. We like to get a plate of cheese from the buffet. If we don't do that, the salty mix you can get in a bar with a drink is OK as well.

This is a good tip. :) Our plan was to order the Deluxe Canapes, a Cheese Tray, & Chocolate Covered Strawberries to enjoy with champagne on our balcony at sailaway. Picking up a plate of cheese in the buffet is a great alternative. Are there several different cheeses to choose from?

Are the canapes they give to suite & elite passengers different from the deluxe canapes you can purchase? It seems the free ones would be the same as the cheaper version that's available in Gifts & Services. If the deluxe version isn't any better, we'll probably just pick up more snacks from the buffet. I'm glad this topic came up, before we placed our Bon Voyage order.

WOW, Thanks for the feedback. I'm accustomed to the decent stuff we get on Celebrity and thought P might be the same. Guess we'll bring our own :)

This is a good tip. :) Our plan was to order the Deluxe Canapes, a Cheese Tray, & Chocolate Covered Strawberries to enjoy with champagne on our balcony at sailaway. Picking up a plate of cheese in the buffet is a great alternative. Are there several different cheeses to choose from?

Are the canapes they give to suite & elite passengers different from the deluxe canapes you can purchase? It seems the free ones would be the same as the cheaper version that's available in Gifts & Services. If the deluxe version isn't any better, we'll probably just pick up more snacks from the buffet. I'm glad this topic came up, before we placed our Bon Voyage order.

Yes, what is the story? If only looking at the "deluxe" version, are the shrimp any good, etc?

Yes, what is the story? If only looking at the "deluxe" version, are the shrimp any good, etc?

Shrimp are only good when they're on ice. Those little warm shrimp as canapes are just that; little warm shrimp. YUK.

I have had the free elite canapes and agree with everyone's assessment. I have not had the deluxe. I have had the ones that came with the Ultimate Balcony Dinner and have included a picture (I hope). If they are the same as the deluxe, they are worth it. They were fresh and fantastic.

IMG_3284.jpg.b18d9bae8a1a1cd4ce737cc17b462cfc.jpg

We hosted a family get together in our mini-suite on one trip and ordered the deluxe canapes - big mistake. They were dry and stale and not really edible. The veggie and dip plate wasn't even good. the vegetables (celery and carrots, etc.) seem to have been sitting out for some time and were wilted. I agree with others, the only decent items are the chocolate covered strawberries and the guacamole and chips. Although it was 50/50 on the quality of the guacamole - but the chips were good. I decided that next time I would go to the buffet and get plates of cheese and cold cuts and crackers - much better.

There's also a cheese plate on the Room Service Menu. Guacamole is often avaialble in the afternoon and evening at the Horizon Court buffet

Depending on circumstances, maybe you can bring something special on board for your sailaway celebration. If you can purchase some nice cheeses and crackers before boarding, you may enjoy that more than the options on the ship.

I know - you shouldn't have to bring your own food onto a cruise. But a cheese can be as special as a bottle of wine and passengers certainly bring wine on board.

Canapes in suites are no better. We sailed on the Diamond Princess last year and the Grand Princess this year - both times in full suites - and the canapes were poor. The chocolate covered strawberries were good though.

I have had the free elite canapes and agree with everyone's assessment. I have not had the deluxe. I have had the ones that came with the Ultimate Balcony Dinner and have included a picture (I hope). If they are the same as the deluxe, they are worth it. They were fresh and fantastic.

Thanks for the info. We're also doing the UBD, so we'll be having the canapes then. We'll have to come up with another sailaway plan.

There's also a cheese plate on the Room Service Menu. Guacamole is often avaialble in the afternoon and evening at the Horizon Court buffet

Do you know how pedestrian the cheeses are? We'd prefer cheeses with a little more flavor. Is the selection better at the buffet or through room service?

Depending on circumstances, maybe you can bring something special on board for your sailaway celebration. If you can purchase some nice cheeses and crackers before boarding, you may enjoy that more than the options on the ship.

I know - you shouldn't have to bring your own food onto a cruise. But a cheese can be as special as a bottle of wine and passengers certainly bring wine on board.

Good point about the cheese. We don't want a plate of avg. bland cheeses. We'll have to give it more thought. I wouldn't mind bringing something on, since we would have to pay for the Bon Voyage gifts too. I'm just not sure how much of a hassle carrying it on & attempting to plate it would be.

Archived