who's tried off site parking at Port Canaveral

2thesea

looking for advice for off site parking at Port Canaveral from anyone that has tried it. We want to make sure we pick a safe and reliable company for our up coming FOS cruise. We normally stay at one of the hotels near the port and leave our car there but this time we don't have the extra day to do that.

Thanks!! ;)

We used pArk N Cruise during our May cruise on the Freedom after researching parking on the Florida boards, and I would definitely NOT recommend them...it is a gravel and stone lot ..all parking is outside, and parking was disorganized and it was difficult to get your vehicle out without your spouse or partner getting out to navigate...and to top it off our windshield was cracked wheN we returned.

I often use the private off site lots at Ft. lauderdale and have never had any problems..this place is nothing like those...check out some of the other places on the Florida board that have a real, paved parking lot or use the parking garage on site...more expensive but that is what I should have done...my car deserved better!!!

Use the Radisson Resort at the Port. Only $5.95 a day and only 1 mile from the Port. You can make reservations online on their website. I live nearby and use them if we can not find someone to take us and drop us off. I highly recommend them!

Just curious as to why you would not want to park at the actual port? Its our first time driving there, I know that the hotels we looked at staying at the night before we board offer parking and a shuttle but say on average the shuttle cost is $12 pp and there are two of us for a three night cruise it would cost roughly the same amount i thought. Are there safe off site parking lots that offer free tranportation? Or am i missing something with the port parking? I'm all about saving some $ if i can.

Just curious as to why you would not want to park at the actual port? Its our first time driving there, I know that the hotels we looked at staying at the night before we board offer parking and a shuttle but say on average the shuttle cost is $12 pp and there are two of us for a three night cruise it would cost roughly the same amount i thought. Are there safe off site parking lots that offer free tranportation? Or am i missing something with the port parking? I'm all about saving some $ if i can.

Parking at the port is $15 per morning parked so $15 X 8 The off site lots start around $5 per morning - so $5 X 8 which is a huge savings. In the research that I have done thus far we are considering Cruise Park of Port Canaveral. Their rate includes parking and round trip shuttle. ;)

Are there safe off site parking lots that offer free tranportation? Or am i missing something with the port parking? I'm all about saving some $ if i can.

Yes there are... Contrary to the negative comments above about Park n Cruise, we have parked there two times we have cruised out of Canaveral with absolutely no problems. The cost is about a third the cost of parking at the port. You reserve a parking site at their web site and when you pull in, they unload the luggage and put it on their shuttle while you pay and park your car. The shuttle both to the port and back to the lot is included in the price. Both times we have used them, the shuttle was waiting for us after getting off the ship and clearing customs.

Nothing but good things to about park and cruise. I was given a free bottle of water and a newspaper and was off to the port in a free shuttle less then ten minutes after checking in. They were in the area waiting on us when we got off ship. They drop us at our car in a secure lot with our keys. Great experience saved over 20 instead of using port . One Suggesting ask the driver to show you whrere the pickup piont is on the way in., When we got off a security cop directed us to the wrong spot I had to do a little extra walking with our luggage, Also I have read alot of post about Radison (never used them) Lots of good reports but because they are the busiest you spend alot of time waiting for your turn in thier lounge. I would rather spend my time on the ship.

We used park n cruise on our last cruise in May and had no problems.. we got a holiday special they were running around christmas time in december of 2011 and got the parking for $4.99.. i made sure to check my vehicle over before and afterwards just because i was nervous since it was our first time using them...we're planning our 2nd cruise and i know we'll use them again without any questions. hope this helps! :)

And yet Another Vote for Park & Cruise...I used them last year & it was great...shuttle was waiting when I left the ship...they left as soon as I got on...did not have to sit & wait for the shuttle to fill...not sure if this is the normal procedure but it was very fast...we are using them again in Dec. when there will be 5 of us cruising...

I have never tried the Park and cruise, but have used the Raddison many times But wait, if the Port gets it's way the prices will change to even out the cost of parking between the outside parking and the Port parking. I have not seen anymore on this parking fight lately.

I have never tried the Park and cruise, but have used the Raddison many times But wait, if the Port gets it's way the prices will change to even out the cost of parking between the outside parking and the Port parking. I have not seen anymore on this parking fight lately.

They (the port authorities) recinded that decision.

Park N Cruise fan here. Sometimes it is busy as heck, of course, other times not. Always friendly and efficient.

The port parking is very nice and convenient, but once I found Park N Cruise I just can't justify paying almost 3x to park our car. I could buy 2 "drinks of the day" every day with the money I save! ;)

We also used park n cruise when we sailed out of Port Canaveral last January. I had mixed feelings about their service because we had a very long wait for a shuttle to take us to the ship on embarkation day. The trip back from the port was very efficient and quick. I believe the delay we experienced on the trip to the ship was an anomaly and will use their service again in the future.

Wow, I just checked the price for parking at the port and it's $20 a day! Is that right? That's as bad as Miami. :(

I might have to check into the off-site parking now. Thanks everyone for the advice!

I just looked at the Port Canaveral website and it's still $15/day... however they charge day in and day out, so a three day cruise is four days of parking ($60) and a seven day cruise is eight days of parking ($120). And they wonder why off-site parking is booming. :cool:

Parking at the cruise terminal is crazy expensive which is why we are looking elsewhere. We have a small trailer (only 5ft in length) that we bring and parking that and my van at the port terminal will cost us $208.....they're out of their minds! :eek:

We have used park n cruise at Banana River Dr. at least 6 times and they are great...Service is quick and everyone is very helpful...Going to use them again in Sept. and Oct. Yes it has a gravel lot, but this does not affect anything...I would go with them...

We used ParkNcrusie twice (March and June 2012) and have them reserved for an upcoming September cruise. We have had good experiences with them.

We used the port MANY times prior to them going from $12 to $15 and then adding the extra day. We even used the port for a 3-night cruise even though many of the hotels offered free parking and shuttles because it was worth $36 to our car right there at debarkation. The total price has escalated in just the past few years.

It was port $36 for 3-night cruise (not too bad) but them it went to $45 then to $60.

Offsite - $24 for 3-night cruise

Port - for 7 nights WAS $84 then went to $105 and now is $120.

Offsite $48.

M

We also used park n cruise when we sailed out of Port Canaveral last January. I had mixed feelings about their service because we had a very long wait for a shuttle to take us to the ship on embarkation day. The trip back from the port was very efficient and quick. I believe the delay we experienced on the trip to the ship was an anomaly and will use their service again in the future.

One of the times we used Park n Cruise, there were two ships in port. They had one of the shuttles running to the Disney ship and another going to RCL. If you just missed the one for the ship you were going to, you would have had to wait for it to return. Kind of the luck of the draw.... If there is only one ship in the port, there are more shuttles running to that ship.

Use the Radisson Resort at the Port. Only $5.95 a day and only 1 mile from the Port. You can make reservations online on their website. I live nearby and use them if we can not find someone to take us and drop us off. I highly recommend them!

We've also used the Radisson for parking and had no problem whatsoever. Good luck!

Archived