Nook in Cabin safe?

Which ship? I have heard that some of the newer ships have smaller safes. On Voyager class my iPad fit in the safe at an angle.

Pete

You're right. Our two iPads fit in the Freedom safe without a problem. We could fit both in the Allure safe but it was a real pain to get them in and out. We left mine out and hers in. The Nooks are smaller than an iPad.

Being known for my packing abilities, I am able to carry these skills to the ever small cabin safe.

I am safely able to fit in it.

One Ipad

3 wallets

3 passports

2 point and shoot cameras

1 water camera

1 jewelry container (small about the size of a peanut butter cup)

2 wristlets

in that order

closes and opens easily.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

are people that concerned about thefts in their cabins? I do use my safe for cash, credit cards, phone, and jewelry. I believe that if things are stolen, staff is fired. Most do not take the chance and it's not like they're running away, they're on a ship. They'll be caught. We sailed many times before safes in cabins and I just hid everything in my luggage far under my bed and never had a problem.

Anything that WON'T fit, just lock inside an empty suitcase...no one is going to go the trouble of guessing what's in an "out of the way", locked bag.

Totally agree, put in a zipped suitcase and don't worry about it.

are people that concerned about thefts in their cabins? I do use my safe for cash, credit cards, phone, and jewelry. I believe that if things are stolen, staff is fired. Most do not take the chance and it's not like they're running away, they're on a ship. They'll be caught. We sailed many times before safes in cabins and I just hid everything in my luggage far under my bed and never had a problem.

Exactly! Never had a problem with theft in 11 cruises thus far.

We use the safe for passports, travel docs, cash, prescription meds and jewelry--mostly because it keeps all these things in one place instead of stashed all over the cabin.

Teddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can a Nook fit in a cabin safe?

I left mine next to the bed the entire cruise. Most stateroom attendants are great, with the exception of that one Disney incident, I don't think very many of them would risk their positions with theft.

I left mine next to the bed the entire cruise. Most stateroom attendants are great, with the exception of that one Disney incident, I don't think very many of them would risk their positions with theft.

That's exactly what we do, in the nightstand drawer.

You can leave a nook in any sort of public area and it would probably still be there a few days later....

I agree. If it's not still there it would likely be in lost & found.

I'm kind of surprised at the things people put in the safe. The only things we keep in the safe are cash, rx drugs, & passports. Kindles, iPods, iPads, cameras, etc. we just leave out. I can't imagine the cabin attendant would risk their job by taking anything.

Archived