Help your cabin steward

joe6666

We "help" our cabin attendant by picking up our stuff, making sure that our room service items are back on the tray and being pleasant to him or her. I'm not giving up the towel animals - they bring a smile to my face, and DH puts the tip envelope in one at the end of the cruise.

We loved the towel animals on our 14 night Mediterranean cruise on Indy recently .. and even though we're grown-ups, it was exciting coming back every other night to see who was waiting for us!

Our attendant Larisa was an absolute gem and has been mentioned in despatches ;)

Our 13 year old grandson, on the same cruise but at the other end of the corridor with his parents and sister, had an every-other-night appointment with their attendant who instructed him in the fine art of towel animal making, so they had two for the price of one each time. Priceless and something our grandson will remember for the rest of his life.

Love the RCI crew members, they really do make the holiday.

P.S. LOL at the legs sticking out of the toilet!!!

And miss one like this.....:D!

5po6ft.jpg

Was just about to reply with "that's a good idea, I think I'll tell them to put the towel animals on hold for me from now on" . . . UNTIL I SAW THIS!

Thank you, BILLB48, this made me laugh out loud for the first time today.:D I'll continue to get my towel animals, I guess, hoping that I'll get something super creative like this one day.

First thing I do when I get to our cabin is to make a towel animal for the steward.....always surprises them. One steward thought I must have worked on a cruise ship and I ended up having a friendly competition to see which one of us could make the best. Another one had never seen one that I made and wanted the directions for it, even brought his friends and supervisor in to see my animals.:D

Nah. I have told stewards that they can skip the towel animals, if they wish. It never entered my mind that this would have anything to do with gratuities.

Each time we said they can skip making them in our cabin, they have! So, maybe they can get off a few minutes earlier if they have the odd cabins to skip? Their service is the same, we are just saving them some time!:D

I'll toss my hat in the ring of those who really don't care for towel animals (yes I am a stick in the mud ;) ). I'm sure it only takes just a moment or two for them to make, but I just would rather them do it for those who get a kick out of them. :)

i will admit, DH & I do a better job keeping our cabin neat then our home. After 6 cruises, I still enjoy seeing what will be sitting on our bed next. Haven't seen the one with the toilet yet. Now the one in the bed with the remote that is great. our first cruise, I came back to our cabin to find the curtain pulled around our bed and wondered what was going on, then open it and see this towel animal wearing my sun glasses.

I've posted before that I didn't really like them, but on LOS last month we found them to be quite fun. Each morning we would rearrange the animal to be doing something else. Last one we did we had it in bed reading the kindle with my glasses on.

We always keep our room clean when we travel by putting a plastic bag in the trash can so it is easier for them to empty the trash. We put our towels in one pile. When we eat we put all our plates in a nice pile for the server. We still tip well. I like the towel animals and have a few planned for our stewart in Sept.

I looked into some of the cabins as I was walking down the hall and some people are SLOBS. They make a mess just because they don't have to clean it.:)

Eeeewww......yuk. No more for me. Done. :(

I am thinking you might want to rethink cruising in general. I am sure you come in contact through out the ship with a lot worse germs than the towel has picked up in someone's mouth. What about the naked behinds that previous cabin users have placed on the chairs and sofas of your cabin. What about the uncivilized fellow travelers who don't wash their hands after visiting the restroom and then touch surfaces all over the ship. What about the silverware that the server dropped on the floor before dinner and then picked up and placed at your table. What about the food prep person who sneezed over the soup pot.

Anyway, you get the picture. Life is full of germs.... :eek::D

Maybe rethink ever leaving your house at all. :) The world is full of dirt and germs.

We always enjoy looking at the towel animals and take a few pictures. I would never consider using the towel, so we just place it on the floor by the bathroom and it disappears.

I don't mind the steward using my stuff for the animals as they use what is available WITHOUT going through your stuff.

I know it's not "going through" my stuff but I do not like anyone using my things without permission. We do not leave things around the cabin that a steward would pick up for us or handle - just don't like strangers touching our gear. If we have left things on the desk, we expect them to remain in the same position when we return and would not be happy to find things moved. If people like the towel animals, good for them, we don't.

We also try to keep our room as tidy as possible, not leaving a lot of extra work for the steward. We throw away flyers and other junk that clutters up the room and also keep our personal belongings somewhat organized. This also makes it easier when it's time to pack and be sure that nothing is left behind. We could take or leave the towel animals. I enjoy them, but hoping to not have a heart attack if I come into my room and see a "man" towel animal on my bed. :)

I am thinking you might want to rethink cruising in general. I am sure you come in contact through out the ship with a lot worse germs than the towel has picked up in someone's mouth. What about the naked behinds that previous cabin users have placed on the chairs and sofas of your cabin. What about the uncivilized fellow travelers who don't wash their hands after visiting the restroom and then touch surfaces all over the ship. What about the silverware that the server dropped on the floor before dinner and then picked up and placed at your table. What about the food prep person who sneezed over the soup pot.

Anyway, you get the picture. Life is full of germs.... :eek::D

Tranqui Waters - Trust and believe, that I'm aware of this beautiful yet sometimes FILTHY world that we live in...and I will NEVER stop cruising (or anything else that I choose to do in this life) because of germs. My response was meant to be funny...

It's just the image of terrycloth used for a towel animal in someone's mouth, including my own....yuk. LOL;)

Archived