Help your cabin steward

joe6666

In my past cruises with my kids, we've always enjoyed the towel animals AND made sure to keep the room tidy to make things easier for our steward. In regards to the original post, normally I would agree to not have a towel animal, but this upcoming cruise will be my father's first cruise and I really want him to experience every bit of cruising life. Besides, when so far away from my own pets, coming back into the room to see a towel animal is almost like getting greeted by my pet when I get home.

It seems that on our cruises the towel animals get less and less. I have to say, we enjoy them even though we do not have kids.

I have never considered putting an extra tip in one of the animals. That is a great idea.

We also try to keep our cabin tidy. I think we have gotten better and better at this. I figure that helps a great deal.

Some of you have had some HILARIOUS towel animals/people!!! We have never seen anything like that before. We would totally crack up, if we came into our cabin to that. Thank you for sharing.

And miss one like this.....:D!

5po6ft.jpg

I always keep my room tidy and organized. As far as the towel animals, I only thought Carnival did that. I would have to say if I walked in a room with an animal on the toilet or a snake (I absolutely hate snakes) , I wouldn't like it. :eek: Carnival didn't do that and I sure hope RCI doesn't (will be cruising RCI for the first time in February). Maybe I should put a note and say no towel animals just in case.

RoyalDiamond - It's not me :).

We have been on 8 cruises so far and only once have we got a towel animal. One that cruise when we were docked we were taking photo's of our cabin window, when all of a sudden we see our wonderful cabin guy and he gives us a wave, a sec later our monkey was hanging in the window for some photo shots too. :)

OMG this is far more scary than the one we got! Ours did not have "hands in the pants" :rolleyes:

Did you need resussitation?

Makes not to self... make sure ALL articles of clothing/accessories are safely out of sight and hidden!

TMAN1.jpg

I love the towel animals and miss them now that they do not do them every night. This is my all time favorite - made by our best ever cabin attendant (Anthony Yearwood). Ours was watching the Cartoon Network and drinking a glass of "wine" wearing the flip flop of my daughter's that he helped find after it was lost at the pool.

2530826780103236660S500x500Q85.jpg

Just got off the Monarch Aug 13th and our room attendant made several towel animals, including an anteater on the toilet holding the remote - hilarious! One morning he created a pig and the by the evening he created another smaller pig, he called them Dad and Jr. :) He received both my and my neice's Wow cards and an $10 extra tip for our 3 night cruise.

Oh, and my neice is 21... don't know who enjoyed them more, me or her...:p

Aww....I love the towel animals!!:) I sometimes keep the collection on the back of our sofa for the entire week! Never thought about putting a tip in them, but that is a great idea!! Will do this on our next cruise!! Hope the towel animals don't go away with all the things that are getting cut back!!

I hate towel animals because some of the stewards have gone into our stuff and used our items for the animals. Ugh. Please don't touch my stuff! LOL

I agree. I have never been on a cruise with towel animals but if they are like the examples posted on Page 1, please none for me. Besides having a stranger rummaging through my clothing, I would not like to use a towel that has been stuck in the toilet, regardless of how clean it supposedly is :rolleyes:

I too looooove the towel animals and would be sad if they stopped making them.

The funniest we had was a frog sitting on the toilet reading the cruise compass with a note in it's mouth saying : I was here first.

I don't mind the steward using my stuff for the animals as they use what is available WITHOUT going through your stuff.

Come on people do you really think they have time to waste doing that. In my case they have always used what was lying about (caps, sunglasses, the next day cruise compass etc..) And NO I do not leave a lot of stuff lying about, we keep our cabin tidy but there is always something that they can use.

We both love the towel animals! It is a highlight of our evening to go back and see what the room attendant left us that night! Good idea about tipping at the beginning and tell them how much you love them - I will do that on our upcoming Freedom cruise! :):)

I’ve seen threads where people talk about how overworked the cabin stewards are…. 15 hour days, too many cabins to clean…..

So how does the overworked cabin steward find the time to make towel animals?

Seems like giving the steward the ok to not make any towel animals for our cabin is an easy way to lighten the workload.

Archived