Keep your eyes open on Thursday!!! Insider info...

dvdkndy

All I know is my wife was planning on booking last week for a cruise in Late Jan or early Feb on the Legend or Liberty and our PVP basically wouldn't let her because she said "this next sale" is going to be a great one. She informed us to call her back tomorrow and get details. So I will be up bright and early on the phone to her to figure this out. If it is just some normal sale and really doesn't give us anything great I'll be upset. We had a guarntee balcony room reserved last week before she told us to hold off a week for "the next sale".

Hope this is worth the wait!!

So, I booked ES and the price is the same but the sale advertises up to $100 back per stateroom. How does that work? If I call will they give me that cash as OBC? I am paid in full.

UPDATE: I sent in ES form, just incase, asking for the $100 as OBC. If it is approved, where do you find it on your booking? On the payment page?

Sale is up and running and as usual I can pay an extra $500 to get a $200 credit, crazy carnival sales !!!!

Exactly! I don't understand what the benefit is. Do people actually book those rates when the other rates are right there in front of you and alot cheaper? I don't get it.

Was talking to my PVP today about a possible upgrade for our upcoming cruise. We were chatting about the OBC that we received from a couple of price drops. She said she did not recommend me doing any upgrade tonight but waiting until Thursday because they had a meeting today about a "big sale" that will be starting Thursday. I had a conversation with her about Carnival's "sales" and that I really did not see much price difference. :rolleyes: She said this coming sale is totally different from the norm "because of a large quantity of inventory" that Carnival has. So if you are a ES like me or looking to book, it might not be a bad idea to keep a watch on Thursday just to see if it really is a good one. It may not be what she cracked it up to be but it never hurts to be on the look out. Hope we all find some great deals and OBC!!!

just curious. you gonna keep that pvp?

Well...here it is Thursday. I have 4 cruises booked. Three of them are Carnival. Not ONE price drop....as a matter of fact 2 of them....the prices went UP today. :confused::confused::confused:

that pvp is probably gonna get a bonus, planting something and getting some to wait till the fares went up.

I guess they think carnival customers can't add. Lol

Considering that Carnival makes a killing every time they have one of these "sales", the answer is YES. They truly bank on people who buy under pressure and get wowed by the word "sale", without checking what kind of deal they are getting.

The rate is still $80 dearer than when i paid with ES with the sale fare... only $30 dearer with the usual rate.

I have a balcony and they look like there is only a few left for our cruise on the Destiny on 3 November, so its unlikley it will drop.

this is not what the email from carnival stated... I will do a little searching and see if I still have it.

All I can say is try to cancel or do a name change. You will find out very quickly that it is still considered ES and you must follow the ES rules.

Think about it. If your situation actually took you "out of ES", then what would prevent people who wanted to cancel but couldn't because they were ES from just taking a random upgrade from some sale, get out of their ES and then cancel their booking?

Maggie

Debbie Downer!!! :D

Totally agree with you!!!

All hype no action! :cool:

Same typical non carnival sales...bummed....

Just another non-sale sale. No price drop for me. I did get a $20 drop earlier this week (single occupancy).

Yep.... exactly as predicted. :cool:

Checked out the " BRILLIANT " sale. We are currently booked on Freedom for Nov. 3. Eight nights. We booked at $439.00 per person. I can now get same cruise for the great price of $679.00 per person. Take out the $100.00 per stateroom OBC and cost comes down to $629.00. :eek:

Checked out the " BRILLIANT " sale. We are currently booked on Freedom for Nov. 3. Eight nights. We booked at $439.00 per person. I can now get same cruise for the great price of $679.00 per person. Take out the $100.00 per statroom OBC and cost comes down to $629.00. :eek:

pt barnum is laughing somewhere.

when are the naïve going to wake up? no wonder we have threads asking if people discuss what they pay for their cruises. most wouldn't for fear of embarrassment. "i got mine on sale....."

Archived