Keep your eyes open on Thursday!!! Insider info...

dvdkndy

Ok help a first time cruiser out.....I just went and fake booked a cruise on the same cruise that we are taking in march, same room, everything the same and its now almost $100 cheaper than when we booked it.....will they just automatically refund that money since we booked Early Saver or how does that work??

You have to apply for it. The quickest way is to call Carnival or your TA if that's who you used to book the cruise.

Our fare went way up so no deal for us, but we were approved for OBC few weeks ago when it went down. $60 is what we got.

So, I booked ES and the price is the same but the sale advertises up to $100 back per stateroom. How does that work? If I call will they give me that cash as OBC? I am paid in full.

UPDATE: I sent in ES form, just incase, asking for the $100 as OBC. If it is approved, where do you find it on your booking? On the payment page?

They should send you an email verification and an updated payment.

Hey everyone, sorry if the "sale" didn't help you out this time around. I was just going on what I was told so I was just passing it along. Didn't think I would get flogged for passing along information but I guess I will know better for next time. I hope you all have a great day and a great weekend!

Hey everyone, sorry if the "sale" didn't help you out this time around. I was just going on what I was told so I was just passing it along. Didn't think I would get flogged for passing along information but I guess I will know better for next time. I hope you all have a great day and a great weekend!

I don't think any "flogging" was necessarily directed at you. I think people appreciate the sharing of information here. So thank you! I think some folks who have been around awhile get tired of the Carnival hoopla that typically becomes much ado about nothing. Maybe new(er) cruisers got a really good deal in their eyes! :D

I saved $60! So thanks for the heads up!

Now if I could just get them to fix my VIFP days I would be a happy camper.

Was talking to my PVP today about a possible upgrade for our upcoming cruise. We were chatting about the OBC that we received from a couple of price drops. She said she did not recommend me doing any upgrade tonight but waiting until Thursday because they had a meeting today about a "big sale" that will be starting Thursday. I had a conversation with her about Carnival's "sales" and that I really did not see much price difference. :rolleyes: She said this coming sale is totally different from the norm "because of a large quantity of inventory" that Carnival has. So if you are a ES like me or looking to book, it might not be a bad idea to keep a watch on Thursday just to see if it really is a good one. It may not be what she cracked it up to be but it never hurts to be on the look out. Hope we all find some great deals and OBC!!!

You fell for her lies. Another Carnival sale that's not a sale!!!

You will know better next time.

Dont let any posters keep you from posting what YOU think is important.

While Im dissapointed it wasnt what I expected. It actually got me looking at some other cruise I wasnt planning on.

And for someone wanting to book a cruise now........ the $100 obc and half deposit is worth waiting a few days for.

Well I just recieved a email for a sailing in 3 weeks that offered some good prices and several cat upgrades

Now I'm sure it isn't great from a ES perspective but seems preety good to me

So if I can book and get close to ES pricing without the restrictions

I like it

Wondering if some of the complaining has to do with a " sale" not giving ES pax some money back

sale for some.

good p.r.

:rolleyes:

Do you ever walk into a store and see some items on sale and not others? Show me where it said all sailings all ships, all dates were on sale. Show me that for any line in fact.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Do you ever walk into a store and see some items on sale and not others? Show me where it said all sailings all ships, all dates were on sale. Show me that for any line in fact.

oh, you meant to say the stuff on sale was for some and not for others.

exposing this farce will do more harm than good.

No sale here, either .... cabin is still up $200.00 over what we paid via ES rate. I had also done fake booking for a desired cruise in Jan and Feb. 2013 and they are all the exact same price that I had researched earlier this week, even taking into consideration any OBC offered. Another no sale, sale. the only good thing is the 50% deposit, but you still have to pay it eventually.

oh, you meant to say the stuff on sale was for some and not for others.

exposing this farce will do more harm than good.

Didn't the listed "sale" actually state for select cruises? So yes, some were able to benefit, others not. I was in the "not" group, but hey I booked ES and have already received $110 OBC.:D

Didn't the listed "sale" actually state for select cruises? So yes, some were able to benefit, others not. I was in the "not" group, but hey I booked ES and have already received $110 OBC.:D

i don't see that word at all.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/sale/summer-fall-cruises.aspx?icid=CC_Countdown-Clock-3-Day-3_964

but how would anyone know what the verbiage was to put their bookings on hold, and then find the prices jumped overnight last night?

go back to post one.

No flogging or flaming here. Thanks for posting the info and heads up.

You fell for her lies. Another Carnival sale that's not a sale!!!

No lies, it was a sale that benefitted some but not most, so still a sale.

You will know better next time.

Hopefully the OP and any others will ignore your comments and post what they think is helpful and useful info. Lay off.

i don't see that word at all.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/sale/summer-fall-cruises.aspx?icid=CC_Countdown-Clock-3-Day-3_964

but how would anyone know what the verbiage was to put their bookings on hold, and then find the prices jumped overnight last night?

go back to post one.

"Up to".

I saved 60. But what do you care, you don't sail Carnival.

Thanks, OP, for the heads up. Today, I drove over to see my travel agent and booked a cruise for April and only had to plunk down half of the deposit money. Also, saw a special on Carnival's web site that I took advantage of and applied it towards my booked cruise in May 2013, saved $25/person, yahoo!

Rose

Just do a fake booking on whatever cruise you have already booked, or are looking at, and if the sale pertains, it will be a choice.

Thanks, OP, for the heads up. Today, I drove over to see my travel agent and booked a cruise for April and only had to plunk down half of the deposit money. Also, saw a special on Carnival's web site that I took advantage of and applied it towards my booked cruise in May 2013, saved $25/person, yahoo!

Rose

any idea what that cruise cost on monday?

Archived