Keep your eyes open on Thursday!!! Insider info...

dvdkndy

pt barnum is laughing somewhere.

when are the naïve going to wake up? no wonder we have threads asking if people discuss what they pay for their cruises. most wouldn't for fear of embarrassment. "i got mine on sale....."

Everyone gets a great deal on a new car. Probably the same with cruises.

As most others, just checked fare viewer, and our OV (6E) is still $30 higher than we are booked at. We have however received $110 OBC from past price cuts from our original ES booking.

Ours is still $30 higher than when we booked as well even with on board credit. Oh well I've got 31 more days until we sail so I"ll keep watching and hoping for 29 more.

Similar too.....

Seniors come in the pharmacy all the time....want to know if we give a "senior citizens" discount. We don't and when we tell them, many times they would just walk out the door never thinking to compare prices AFTER chain pharmacy "discount." Usually they are SHOCKED at what our normal cash price is, in a GOOD way! Discount, sale, 50% off, etc, etc means nothing. Selling price means everything.

Of course many cruise "sales" are similar. OBC isn't worth as much as same reduction in final price but it beats nothing. Reduced deposit does get ones foot in the door on a cruse NOW. Almost without fail the earlier one books, the better the price. You also get more cabin choices...

Thanks to the OP for posting this...hopefully it will help some folks...

[Clears throat, steps on soapbox]

The sense of entitlement by SOME on this forum is mind blowing. Carnival is a BUSINESS who's sole purpose is to make money by providing a product that we CHOSE to purchase. Carnival has the right to MARKET their product to increase sales and WE have the responsibility to do our homework before we purchase. They base their price on supply and demand... higher inventory = lower price, lower inventory = higher price. Just because YOU did not receive a price drop doesn't mean this was not a deal for someone else.

[Waves to adoring fans, steps from soapbox]

[Clears throat, steps on soapbox]

The sense of entitlement by SOME on this forum is mind blowing. Carnival is a BUSINESS who's sole purpose is to make money by providing a product that we CHOSE to purchase. Carnival has the right to MARKET their product to increase sales and WE have the responsibility to do our homework before we purchase. They base their price on supply and demand... higher inventory = lower price, lower inventory = higher price. Just because YOU did not receive a price drop doesn't mean this was not a deal for someone else.

[Waves to adoring fans, steps from soapbox]

Like!

My fare dropped $60, but that actually happened yesterday and when I checked this morning, it's still the same. I think it's still nice of the OP to post the info - someone may have possibly benefitted :-)

Was hoping that I would have been able to get a little OBC with this "sale" but guess not :p

Went ahead and just put final payment on it and hope that as the date gets closer I can snag a few dollars OBC, maybe enough for a nice fruity drink by the pool!

Ok help a first time cruiser out.....I just went and fake booked a cruise on the same cruise that we are taking in march, same room, everything the same and its now almost $100 cheaper than when we booked it.....will they just automatically refund that money since we booked Early Saver or how does that work??

Archived