Keep your eyes open on Thursday!!! Insider info...

dvdkndy

Was talking to my PVP today about a possible upgrade for our upcoming cruise. We were chatting about the OBC that we received from a couple of price drops. She said she did not recommend me doing any upgrade tonight but waiting until Thursday because they had a meeting today about a "big sale" that will be starting Thursday. I had a conversation with her about Carnival's "sales" and that I really did not see much price difference. :rolleyes: She said this coming sale is totally different from the norm "because of a large quantity of inventory" that Carnival has. So if you are a ES like me or looking to book, it might not be a bad idea to keep a watch on Thursday just to see if it really is a good one. It may not be what she cracked it up to be but it never hurts to be on the look out. Hope we all find some great deals and OBC!!!

Thanks for posting that as I am looking for a Carnival cruise maybe.

But does ES work on new sales as well for price drops. With sales isnt it new bookings for price drops.

Was talking to my PVP today about a possible upgrade for our upcoming cruise. We were chatting about the OBC that we received from a couple of price drops. She said she did not recommend me doing any upgrade tonight but waiting until Thursday because they had a meeting today about a "big sale" that will be starting Thursday. I had a conversation with her about Carnival's "sales" and that I really did not see much price difference. :rolleyes: She said this coming sale is totally different from the norm "because of a large quantity of inventory" that Carnival has. So if you are a ES like me or looking to book, it might not be a bad idea to keep a watch on Thursday just to see if it really is a good one. It may not be what she cracked it up to be but it never hurts to be on the look out. Hope we all find some great deals and OBC!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for some OBC! If so, I owe you a DOD--2 weeks!

Thanks for posting that as I am looking for a Carnival cruise maybe.

But does ES work on new sales as well for price drops. With sales isnt it new bookings for price drops.

ES you can price match to any price, if its the same category for the same number of pax in your cabin...on the others they sometimes allow, like gtys you can never tell.

No such sale that is for new bookings only that ES cant price match. If someone tries to tell you that .. ask to speak to someone else.

We are booked in a 6A (lowest inside). The IS rate dropped $40 below what we paid and the 6B was equal to what we paid. I put in for OBC for the lower price or an Upgrade to the 6B. We were given the lower price of the gty and got to keep our same cabin. I check every day for more drops but no luck. It is now gone up by $300 so not expecting anything else. Not complaining tho we saved $220 total since June.

If you're booking something that isn't coming up really soon, you do NOT have to book ES to get price drops. All that does is lock you into restrictive fares.

You can book at any rate for which you qualify and get price drops up until final payment.

You can also SWITCH to ES right before it vanishes and then continue to get price drops after final payment.

I just don't see why so many people book ES to start, and then have all these issues when someone can't go, or they want to change dates, etc., etc.

And why wait for some big "sale" that isn't? If you find the cruise you want, at a price you're willing to pay, go ahead and book it and grab the cabin you want. The deposit is the same (unless it is a reduced-deposit sale), so what difference does it make?

Book when you're ready to book. Book at whatever fare you want. Get price drops anyway.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think so.

Can we start the countdown now for when someone comes here Thursday and starts a thread saying "Carnival's sale isn't really a sale!" :p

If you're booking something that isn't coming up really soon, you do NOT have to book ES to get price drops. All that does is lock you into restrictive fares.

You can book at any rate for which you qualify and get price drops up until final payment.

You can also SWITCH to ES right before it vanishes and then continue to get price drops after final payment.

I just don't see why so many people book ES to start, and then have all these issues when someone can't go, or they want to change dates, etc., etc.

And why wait for some big "sale" that isn't? If you find the cruise you want, at a price you're willing to pay, go ahead and book it and grab the cabin you want. The deposit is the same (unless it is a reduced-deposit sale), so what difference does it make?

Book when you're ready to book. Book at whatever fare you want. Get price drops anyway.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think so.

Can we start the countdown now for when someone comes here Thursday and starts a thread saying "Carnival's sale isn't really a sale!" :p

I guess I just like MY Glass Half FULL!:rolleyes:

For me...

If you are looking to book. Go ahead and book. That way you get the best cabin selection. IF this is a truly BIG SALE. You can price match it. This gives you the best cabin selection before they are "picked over" by the sale price.;)

BUT, If you are booked you can do like me and check it all very closely on Thursday!

Thanks OP.

dont want to cause a stir for anyone but why would a PVP tell you about an upcoming Sale. Isnt that kind of not proper for them to do. I could be wrong

This is actually pretty common in sales in general, especially if you have a good relationship with your salesperson.

I shop at several stores where I am there enough for the same salespeople to know me (my FI calls this my "shopping sickness :D ). They always let me know when things are going to be on sale or when something big is going to happen. They want me to be back in there!

Now since I have not cruised and don't have a PVP, if I had called to book a cruise, most likely they wouldn't pony up that information for me, but it sounds like the OP has a good rapport with her PVP.

Archived