Keep your eyes open on Thursday!!! Insider info...

dvdkndy

If u r 60 days from sailing & already paid in full, how do u get obc? Or are upgrades less? I am in balcony, veranda deck looking for suite.

Unless you booked Early Saver, all other bookings you cannot get OBC after your Final Payment Deadline Date. After that date, you can possibly get an upgrade if the fare for a higher Category drops below your current fare. ken

I'm hoping there's something to this!

We booked a year ago and still have not had one single price drop for our cruise coming up in 6 1/2 weeks. We must have really gotten a good deal when we booked.

I keep checking every day though because there are balcony cabins still available above our 8D and I keep hoping the pricing will come down some - any OBC beats none at all! Would love to have some "help" from OBC to pay for those gratuities for the 6 of us!

Georgiamomof4: You probably won't see drops until it gets closer to your sailing date. Start looking about 3-4 months out and then especially after the final payment due date. Sometimes people cancel their cruise when final payment comes due. Then, as you get closer and closer to your sail date (provided you booked Early Saver Rate), you can get OBC up to a couple of days before your sailing. Just looked again this morning and saw an additional $40 off our 9/23/12 cruise which is now a total of $240 OBC.

Ok guys, just confirmed this. I have the bestest PVP. I would start checking Thursday early. I'm working graveyard shift so I will be up all night checking. Sale runs through Sunday. I hope we don't crash the site :D

Georgiamomof4: You probably won't see drops until it gets closer to your sailing date. Start looking about 3-4 months out and then especially after the final payment due date. Sometimes people cancel their cruise when final payment comes due. Then, as you get closer and closer to your sail date (provided you booked Early Saver Rate), you can get OBC up to a couple of days before your sailing. Just looked again this morning and saw an additional $40 off our 9/23/12 cruise which is now a total of $240 OBC.

BREENW -

We are already inside of 2 months - only 46 days to go. I didn't really check a lot until after final payment - but even though I've been checking daily - several times a day - no drops so far.

Keeping my fingers crossed for some in the next few weeks though!

I'm hoping there's something to this!

We booked a year ago and still have not had one single price drop for our cruise coming up in 6 1/2 weeks. We must have really gotten a good deal when we booked.

I keep checking every day though because there are balcony cabins still available above our 8D and I keep hoping the pricing will come down some - any OBC beats none at all! Would love to have some "help" from OBC to pay for those gratuities for the 6 of us!

we are about 5 weeks out and the price has done nothing but fluctuate by about $10 - $20 up since then. That is until yesterday. We were booked in a 4a, but were able to upgrade to an OV for $5 using resident rates. Would have been cheaper but the stinking taxes went up. I was a little hesitant to get a guarantee room but the boss wants an oceanview.

You just never know when there will be a price drop. I booked a cruise for January 2013 three weeks ago....two weeks after i booked it got a $10 price drop....not much but every little bit helps!! Its a DOD!! :D

I have checked at least 5 times a day since i booked!! LOL!!!

Ok guys, just confirmed this. I have the bestest PVP. I would start checking Thursday early. I'm working graveyard shift so I will be up all night checking. Sale runs through Sunday. I hope we don't crash the site :D

Is the best way to check on this through the Carnival Fare Viewer?

ES you can price match to any price, if its the same category for the same number of pax in your cabin...on the others they sometimes allow, like gtys you can never tell.

No such sale that is for new bookings only that ES cant price match. If someone tries to tell you that .. ask to speak to someone else.

What about if you didn't book ES and booked the regular fare?

thanks! I am looking to book a November cruise on Carnival and one in Mid March.

I will certainly ck prices..thursday and friday.

Nice of you to pas the tip along....even if it puddles out..sometimes those sales can make a big difference.

I'll check the fare viewer every 15 minutes on Thursday as opposed to my normal once an hour.. thanks for the tip!

STUPID QUESTION OF THE DAY..

What is the fare viewer? Is it on the Carnival Web Site?

Thanks for information..

Archived