Silversea Food vs Seabourn Food

Les Picantins

Silver, then hopefully you were not of the couple who held four lounge chairs for the two of them. The first two for lounging in the sun and then the second two to move to later in order to stay in the sun! My friends wanted to sit on the "spare pair" and were told they were "reserved" for just that purpose. If that is not a case of entitlement then I don't know what is. I know, it's a minor thing but speaks volumes. And once again, most people were not of that ilk on our Whisper Sept. 2 Baltic. We met some lovely, very interesting people, especially in the laundry room and the card room!

We met them also! The CD was powerless to do anything about it, but I found out subsequently, that their actions were entered in the daily log that is kept about everything good and bad that happens on board.

We met them also! The CD was powerless to do anything about it, but I found out subsequently, that their actions were entered in the daily log that is kept about everything good and bad that happens on board.

I dont understand this. When we were last on SS, and since on Crystal, if there were space issues the deck crew would remove towels, books, whatever, after an hour of unuse. If I had been the op I would have politely asked if they were planning to move here now, and if not, set myself down and ordered a drink. So much drama :)

Not sure how the CD could be powerless if he knew about it!

She (CD) was unwilling to make a big deal out of the situation. The couple would reserve their chairs around 7 am. He would show up around 9 and put her chair next to the pool in everyone's way. He would refuse to let anyone move it even if there were a tournament going on that needed the space where her chair was. She rarely showed up before noon. Such boorish behavior but thankfully rare on Silversea.

Bullies like that count on others complying to their demands. Just plop yourself down on the offending chaise and refuse to move, just as he is. Or the moment he gets up from the chaise blocking the way, move it yourself.

Last thing you need on vacation is confrontation with an idiot as desribed. Request the Hotel Director to deal with the situation which should solve this problem.

You would probably need to deal with this situation yourself and not rely on staff. Unfortunately the non-confrontational approach of the service industry is spreading.

Four years ago on a BA flight and seated in Row 2 of Club Europe on a A321. As meal service began the gentleman seated in front of me decided to recline his seat fully. This made it impossible for me to lower my tray for the meal which was being handed to me. I requested the flight attended address the situation. The response I received from the FA was "unfortunately the passenger was asleep, I cannot wake him, Sorry". There was nothing that could be done, until I suggest that MY full glass of chardonnay would certain help to wake him up. Amazingly without a word the gentleman's seat went upright within second and never moved for the remainder of the flight.

I just thought I would pop in to see what food was like on different cruisers and thought this thread needs a few food pictures.So here are some from our August cruise on the Explorer-

walrus%25202013-13-08-13%2520005.JPG.walrus%25202013-13-08-13%2520006.JPG.

walrus%25202013-13-08-13%2520007.JPG.walrus%25202013-13-08-13%2520008.JPG.

walrus%25202013-13-08-13%2520012.JPG.walrus%25202013-13-08-13%2520015.JPG

Archived