Disembarkation times on last day

tztz

Hi, what is the latest time that you can disembark the ship when it docks on the last morning?

Our cruise ends in Puerto Rico, I think it docks at 8am.

Do you have to leave straight away? Can you eat breakfast first?

Thanks

tztz

Hi, what is the latest time that you can disembark the ship when it docks on the last morning?

Thanks

tztz

They wake you up with a bugle at 5am, line you up on deck, throw your luggage at you and run you off the ship.

Just kidding. You should check and see if there is a late disembarkation program for your cruise. Celebrity offers them on some cruises. Otherwise, if you don't have an early flight, you will probably have to be off by 9:30am or thereabouts. Check with your TA or Celebrity for exact times. They vary by port.

Hi,:) if you are staying in San Juan? When you receive your paperwork

from Guest Relations, you will fill it out and you can request being

in the last group off the ship. When you bring your disembarkation form

back to GR, speak with them in person and let them know you want to

be last off. I have done this quite a few times over the years.

Normally, the last group off is in between 9:30-10:00. Actually, 10

is late;)

Oh, yes you can eat breakfast first. The buffet will be open and

the main dining room as well but the timeframe in there is less

than usual.

Edited by Lois R

On the Solstice, we were arbitrarily given a debarkation time of 6:30 am which would have been wonderful had we a plane to catch but we didn't! So my husband went down to Guest Relations and had it changed to a more civilized 9:30 am. We had a leisurely breakfast that morning. The cafe will stay open til about 9 am if I remember correctly. BTW, when you're told to have your luggage out in the hall the night before at a certain hour, you'd better listen! They mean business when they say it's going to be collected. I never packed so fast in my life! :o

_________

Deirdre

Edited by dln929

On the Solstice, we were arbitrarily given a debarkation time of 6:30 am which would have been wonderful had we a plane to catch but we didn't! So my husband went down to Guest Relations and had it changed to a more civilized 9:30 am. We had a leisurely breakfast that morning. The cafe will stay open til about 9 am if I remember correctly. BTW, when you're told to have your luggage out in the hall the night before at a certain hour, you'd better listen! They mean business when they say it's going to be collected. I never packed so fast in my life! :o

_________

Deirdre

LOL....I may be in the minority and that is fine:) but I usually pack

most of my stuff that morning or start the day before, but it

is all always finished before I go to dinner on the last evening.:)

I sail solo so there is never anyone else to worry about;)

LOL....I may be in the minority and that is fine:) but I usually pack

most of my stuff that morning or start the day before, but it

is all always finished before I go to dinner on the last evening.:)

I sail solo so there is never anyone else to worry about;)

We need you to give us lessons. We went to dinner on the last night and to the show after and the first thing the Cruise Director said was "Okay, we're going to separate the mice from the men. How many of you have suitcases by your door already and how many of you haven't even started packing?" That got a big laugh from the audience. Rob and I just squirmed in our seats. Ooops! Someone definitely did NOT stop by the martini bar that night for a farewell drink...;)

Deirdre

Pompein,

Yes you do BUT...You are totally responsible for your luggage. The crew, including your cabin steward cannot and will not assist you.

The process sounds simple and is used by many passengers with early flights, and again there is a big BUT...You must be able to manage your luggage through the ship and either tote it down stairs or try to squeese onto crowded elevators. Once you exit the ship you can either try to get onto an elevator or escalator or down ramps or stairs. (If there is an escalator you will not be permitted to use it with luggage unless you have a free hand.)

We have done self disembarkation once and will not attempt it again.

Oh did I mention that on several lines we have used, they gather all of the early self disembarkating passengers in a central location to exit en masse. It's not something I want to go through again. Many of the passengers are already anxious about their far too early flights and would trample their own mother to get to the portal.

Unless you have an exceptionally close flight I don't recommend it.

We need you to give us lessons. We went to dinner on the last night and to the show after and the first thing the Cruise Director said was "Okay, we're going to separate the mice from the men. How many of you have suitcases by your door already and how many of you haven't even started packing?" That got a big laugh from the audience. Rob and I just squirmed in our seats. Ooops! Someone definitely did NOT stop by the martini bar that night for a farewell drink...

Deirdre

LOL....lessons? too funny.....I take a few minutes and pack;)

no lesson needed really:D....it doesn't take me a lot of time and

I just prefer having it done. As for the show? I can't remember

the last time I went to a show on the last evening.

I too miss the last show which usually show the disc that they made all cruise of everybody but has a lot of scenes about the ship of just the ship. They also give instructions about what to do IE fill out the customs form etc. If you have never been on a ship or it is your first time with this cruiseline I recommend you go for their procedures may be a little different then what you are use to from another line.

I pack while everyone is at the show. or before supper. I set out my cases before I leave for supper then I enjoy the evening. In the morning I pack the rest in my carry on and head for breakfast. I come back to the room pick up my bag and go to the deck to leave from for H/C. I wait my turn which is usually one of the first ones off as I have early flight (12.10).

Edited by CaptData

• 4 years later...

is there any provision made for passengers with late flights ? im aware that staterooms need to be abandoned but im sure i saw somewhere that food drink and use of the pool is still available on some cruises at a cost of course , we have a 18.40 flight from barcelona so dont really need to be at the airport till 16.00 if not anyone got any other ideas ?

Edited by lemonjelly

is there any provision made for passengers with late flights ? im aware that staterooms need to be abandoned but im sure i saw somewhere that food drink and use of the pool is still available on some cruises at a cost of course , we have a 18.40 flight from barcelona so dont really need to be at the airport till 16.00 if not anyone got any other ideas ?

The stay late program you mention is only uses on z limited number of european itineraries, if it's even in use at all. I've read of its existence, but not of anyone actually using it. But it definitely not a Caribbean thing.

All off the ship by 10 am latest, as new folks won't board until ALL prior passengers have left.

Provisions for late flights out of san juan are to book an excursion that includes a morning tour, lunch and tour of rum factories, that will then drop you at airport.

Edited by cle-guy

Thanks

tztz

The advice from Celebrity is normally to pack and leave luggage outside cabin before you go to bed. Keep hand luggage for what you need I'm the morning. Disembarkation times are staggered and based on cabin positions/class. You cannot really leave earlier but no reason you cannot leave until the last slot as long as you vacate cabin.

Do we have the option of just rolling our suitcases off in the morning?

We do it all the time! We like to take a 10 a.m. flight out of Fort Lauderdale so we don't leave our luggage out the night before. They will give you a time and location to assemble in the morning. Best advice is ignore that time and go down at least 45 minutes before that. Put your luggage in line and you should be among the first. Sometimes there are a few hundred people self-disembarking. Those who wait and get there about the appointed hour find they are are 150th in line! surprise surprise

We don't pre-arrange for a taxi or car service. We just get out of the terminal, make a left hand turn and get the first cab we see.

It's not hard at all if you're physically mobile. On several occasions we've taken two large suitcases, two smaller carry ons AND a large rolling golf bag, all at once. We're going to be doing this very thing in November because we have a 9:35 flight (it WAS 10:10 but we got notice of change). Unless there are issues with customs, we will be fine because we're usually at the airport by 8:15 and we are TSA-PRE. Granted it's a bit close this time, but we'll go for it. If we miss we have two other flights we could take.

If you want to leave the ship as late as possible please give the cabin staff a fair break by leaving your room as soon as possible to allow them to clean up the cabins after you have left. When we arrive on board we would like access to our room as soon as practicable so your assistance will assist those following on behind. There are plenty of lounges one can wait in until disembarkation. 8.00 am is normally the latest you are required to vacate your cabin

Thanks

tztz

Yes you can eat before leaving.

Do we have the option of just rolling our suitcases off in the morning?

Yes, we always follow this approach. If you can handle your luggage by yourself, then I don't see any purpose in giving my luggage back to Celebrity and allow someone to lose the luggage or pick it up by mistake. If you can handle your luggage from luggage claim at the airport and get it back to your car, then should be able to take it off the ship without any problems.

we have found self disembarking to be stressful. Last time we went well before the posted time only to find the waiting area over flowing . There was a lot of line butting and grumpy people!!! Some folks approached the waiting area from the front and others just try to squeeze through the crowd ignoring those who are pointing out that the end of the line is ...BACK THERE...

So .. it is what it is and if the doors open on time ..very nice and if not it get tense

We only self disembark in Sydney Australia and that is because we know the area well and generally want to catch the early flight back home to NZ. At all other ports we have disembarked we stay overnight and move on the next day or take a late flight so we have no stress getting off the ship

My wife and I are in the same boat (snicker) as our flight from SJU is around 3:00. Was not a problem last time as we tacked a couple of days at the end of the cruise but this time we need to kill a few hours. Was going to self-tour around Old San Juan and taxi to the airport later (there are a couple places that will hold your bags, according to the San Juan boards) but we most likely will spend OBC for the OSJ tour/airport transfer. It was pretty reasonably priced.

My wife and I are in the same boat (snicker) as our flight from SJU is around 3:00. Was not a problem last time as we tacked a couple of days at the end of the cruise but this time we need to kill a few hours. Was going to self-tour around Old San Juan and taxi to the airport later (there are a couple places that will hold your bags, according to the San Juan boards) but we most likely will spend OBC for the OSJ tour/airport transfer. It was pretty reasonably priced.

We were hoping to do the same, the OSJ Tour / transfer but will not be able to. International flights need to be at 3:30 or later to take the tour and our flight to Toronto is at 3:15. :(

Guess we'll store our luggage at Barrachina Restaurant and walk around OSJ.