What do you do with your dirty laundry?

Bailey & Sophie

We keep our luggage under the bed and keep it unzipped so we can stick our dirty laundry there. We do use the ship's laundry as needed - but only for items we might need before we return home.

Thre is free laundry day? Is that for real or a joke?

The posters were referring to the Elite Captain's Club benefits which include a very limited amount of free laundry. The specific benefits are listed here: http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do?#captains_club_tier_elite/captainsclub/membershipTierDetails.do%3Fpagename=captains_club_tier_elite

I've got several mesh drawstring laundry bags. I always have one hanging on the back of the bathroom door when we travel, Dh knows everything he wears goes in it , & I send out the dirty stuff each day. We pretty much go home with almost nothing dirty, just from the last day of our trip. We also do the old undies thing for the pre cruise part of our trip, so we're headed home with 5 or 6 less undies each... room for a couple bottles of wine to take home!

Same place as at home. I just leave it wherever it lands when I take it off.

I'm on vacation so why would I even make an effort to pick it up? If you have a good room steward they'll throw it on the sofa or someplace when they vacuum.

Learned this lesson the HARD way. Came back to the room late morning on a sea day to change for the pool. Steward had already cleaned so thought I was safe and let it fly. Came back hours later from pool to discover steward had FOLDED all clothes including the undies and placed neatly on the bed. Same happened to a friend in another cabin with different steward.

SO embarrassed. :o Won't do that again EVER!

Learned this lesson the HARD way. Came back to the room late morning on a sea day to change for the pool. Steward had already cleaned so thought I was safe and let it fly. Came back hours later from pool to discover steward had FOLDED all clothes including the undies and placed neatly on the bed. Same happened to a friend in another cabin with different steward.

SO embarrassed. :o Won't do that again EVER!

I have a younger female friend who at the end of her cruise threw away all her used undies only to come back to her room later to find them all taken out, folded and put away!!!!:eek:

We got ours at the Dollar Store. Perfectly fits in the outside pocket of our large suitcase and reusable time after time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'll pick up a pop-up to pop in a suitcase.

Thanks for the tip.

I'll pick up a pop-up to pop in a suitcase.

Thanks for the tip.

Where do you put these pop up hampers when expanded? Seems every square inch is accounted for in a stateroom. I just put mine in a plastic bag in the floor of the closet, it doesn't take up much room that way.

We've been on the Summit, Millie, and looking forward to another Equinox. I never know where to put our dirty laundry. Where do you put yours?

Thanks!!

We bring a pop up hamper. On Princess ships there is room in their closet to put it. I'm not sure if we will find room on the Silhouette. We'll bring it and see what happens.

I always bring one or two of those space saving packing bags that you roll to squeeze out the air. It stays on the closet floor or in suitcase under the bed. When it's time to go home, it fits nicely in the large outside pocket of my suitcase. Keeps dirty clothes away from clean clothes. You need to watch the weight of your luggage as it takes up less space, but weighs the same or more.

I always bring one or two of those space saving packing bags that you roll to squeeze out the air. It stays on the closet floor or in suitcase under the bed. When it's time to go home, it fits nicely in the large outside pocket of my suitcase. Keeps dirty clothes away from clean clothes. You need to watch the weight of your luggage as it takes up less space, but weighs the same or more.

We take several of the larger sizes of these and then as clothes are dirty we put them into a bag, sorted by color. This way when we get home we can just dump one bag at a time into the wash. You are correct, when you use these you need to consider the weight and make sure you balance it out suitcase to suitcase as they hold alot and are heavy when full. Other than some of our dress clothes which might need dry cleaning, I always wash everything when I get home so these work great.

Yes, Betsy, don't ever book the balcony cabin below us.:D :D

Actually I wash out undies and roll them in a towel, it only takes a few minutes. They are dry in the morning. I have done the old undies thing too. The free laundry, I use for pants, T shirts etc.. It's a great perk especially on a long cruise.

CC Elites will get a coupon, per passenger, for a free laundry (either 20 or 30 pieces depending on where you are sailing). Others will find a notice on their bed one night announcing a special price on laundry sent the following day.

We use a pop up mesh laundry hamper. It folds flat in our suitcase and is easy to pop up and twist back to flat.

Pat

I discovered these a few years ago and have loved using it! I stick it in the closet, out of the way, and it beats using a laundry bag or large trash bag. I take mine on every cruise. Bought it at Target for about $10.

o.k. Here's a variation on this laundry theme. We use the pop-up container for the trip. Then when we go home, we stuff dirty clothes in a couple of the above-mentioned plastic bags that you roll the air out of. We also send out laundry weekly as we sail--but hand wash the undies. We also get a couple of days use out of some clothing if possible. On another cruise line, we utilize the self-serve laundry early in the morning. While the wash is going, I go to the gym, then eat breakfast while the dryer is working.

On Princess, the pop up fits easily in the semi-walk-incloset. On the S class ships ours fit okay in the corner between the closet and the bed/sofa. It would probably fit in the closet, but would be tight and harder to access.

We got our pop up at Walmart. We also have one we bought at a dollar store when we forgot the first one. It's not nearly as sturdy, but it worked.

On the M class ships we put the dirty laundry in the storage under the desk. On the S class ship we were on, it went in the overhead above the bed, then we sent it to the laundry since we just made elite when we were on The Silhouette. What a nice perk! Can't wait to go back on the Summit next September. The good clothes just got hung back up. :)

PLEASE tell me you line the drawers/spaces with plastic???

Archived