Update on Suite Internet Charges

Sunviking

We are currently onboard the Ruby Princess in a suite and I thought I would update the internet situation for anyone sailing in a suite soon. We have been charged on our shipboard account for the time we have purchased. Each time I have had to go down to Passenger Services to dispute the charge. I have brought with me the e-mail I received showing that our complimentary usage was being grandfathered in and they have made a copy of this. Nonetheless, each time a new charge is made, I have to go back down, e-mail in hand. We use a lot of time because my husband keeps in touch with his office and I do a travel blog so our friends and family can keep up with us. I know some people say that you're on vacation and why bother. Well, I enjoy doing it just as some people get on a ship and enjoy playing bingo or gambling (neither of which are my cup of tea).

Also, as far as bar setups, you are supposed to get one setup for being in a suite and another if you're elite. Only one is provided and you have to request the second.

The ship is in good condition; the service has been excellent. We've been enjoying ourselves. Today we were to be in Mykonos but high winds prevented that so we have an unexpected sea day. It's a lovely day and we don't mind.

Dear Sunviking/Ann,

Hi hope it gets better soon.

You may want to see the HotMan ( Hotel Manager) ASAP.

Stop the abusive charging as he does have the Authority to stop the abuse Maam.

May the rest of your ShipTrip be well and less swells.

GOD Speed !:cool:

We are currently onboard the Ruby Princess in a suite and I thought I would update the internet situation for anyone sailing in a suite soon. We have been charged on our shipboard account for the time we have purchased. Each time I have had to go down to Passenger Services to dispute the charge. I have brought with me the e-mail I received showing that our complimentary usage was being grandfathered in and they have made a copy of this. Nonetheless, each time a new charge is made, I have to go back down, e-mail in hand. We use a lot of time because my husband keeps in touch with his office and I do a travel blog so our friends and family can keep up with us. I know some people say that you're on vacation and why bother. Well, I enjoy doing it just as some people get on a ship and enjoy playing bingo or gambling (neither of which are my cup of tea).

Also, as far as bar setups, you are supposed to get one setup for being in a suite and another if you're elite. Only one is provided and you have to request the second.

The ship is in good condition; the service has been excellent. We've been enjoying ourselves. Today we were to be in Mykonos but high winds prevented that so we have an unexpected sea day. It's a lovely day and we don't mind.

I went to passenger services today regarding the free Internet for suite guests. The gentleman at the counter said he would check my booking and give me a call. He called about 20 minutes later and told me my Internet charges would be credited back to my account.

I'm loving the cruise. Sorry we had to miss Mykonos, but that hasn't put a damper on the trip. Tonight is the Chef's Table and we're (seven of us) are looking forward to it.

Denise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you tried buying a large internet package (500 minutes). At least you will not have to go to the purser's desk as often

Have you tried buying a large internet package (500 minutes). At least you will not have to go to the purser's desk as often

On our last cruise (suite) we couldn't buy packages, you just logged in every time you got on. Made a heck of a long bill. Just like the laundry - charge it to us and then take it off. Think they could come with a better system.

Thanks for sharing, Ann. I printed out both the email I received from Princess and the response on Facebook and will have those along on our trip next March. I'm not excited about having to repeatedly go down to the passenger services desk so hopefully they will sort this out by then.

Sorry you had to miss Mykonos but it's always nice to have a sea day on the hectic Med itinerary.

Hi,

We sail on the Ruby in 6 days time in the suite. I emailed Princess to ask about our free internet being grandfathered and as yet have received no reply :( I am assuming that we will not be getting any free internet during our cruise.

If you booked before July 15 make sure you bring your booking # so you can explain it to Passenger Services. I would also email them again.

I probably would not go down every time but wait until the end of the week. This way it will save time and aggravation. You already know they will cover it so just do it all at once at the end of the week.

I was thinking the same thing as Coral. Why go every day? Wait till towards the end of the cruise and take care of all of them at once.

Hi,

We sail on the Ruby in 6 days time in the suite. I emailed Princess to ask about our free internet being grandfathered and as yet have received no reply :( I am assuming that we will not be getting any free internet during our cruise.

Sure you will... it appears that you're Platinum, so you're entitled to your free Platinum minutes...

Sure you will... it appears that you're Platinum, so you're entitled to your free Platinum minutes...

This is what I'm trying to figure out prior to embarkation on the 14th - so is it credit as if a Platinum Elite, or reimbursement in line with grandfathered unlimited? Unlimited Internet was a large part of my feeling comfortable taking the time off for this trip, and though I can adjust accordingly if it isn't unlimited, I definitely want to know what to expect!

On our last cruise (suite) we couldn't buy packages, you just logged in every time you got on. Made a heck of a long bill. Just like the laundry - charge it to us and then take it off. Think they could come with a better system.

If you do not have a package, Internet access will be cut off about 10 PM on the evening before disembarkation as new charges cannot be made after that time.

If you do not have a package, Internet access will be cut off about 10 PM on the evening before disembarkation as new charges cannot be made after that time.

That was one point that I was upset about - we weren't able to buy packages and were cut off at 10 pm with no prior knowledge that it would happen. Had always been able to use it up until the time we left the ship.

We were in a suite on the Grand in August and received our complimentary suite free access -it just popped up on the screen when we logged onto the Princess server form our lap top -no issues at all.

Thanks for the heads up, I would certainly love for it to go this smoothly!

That was one point that I was upset about - we weren't able to buy packages and were cut off at 10 pm with no prior knowledge that it would happen. Had always been able to use it up until the time we left the ship.

this happened to us too in June. We had no clue it would happen. Not a big deal but would have been nice to know in advance.

this happened to us too in June. We had no clue it would happen. Not a big deal but would have been nice to know in advance.

The notification on our last cruise was on page 3 of the last full day's Patter where it said "Time plan can be used until 9:00am on disembarkation morning."

That seemed to hint that those not on a time plan could not use the Internet starting at an unknown time.

On the cruise previous to that the page 3 notice said "Available until 11pm tonight!" but made no mention that those with a time plan could continue to use minutes.

There was nothing in the Patter any of the last few days. I still have them and looked over them several times. I will certainly make sure I have a plan with a few extra minutes on my next ones

There is normally a small rectangle with an ad for the Internet Cafe each day.

It is in this ad on the last full day where the information has been.

There is normally a small rectangle with an ad for the Internet Cafe each day.

It is in this ad on the last full day where the information has been.

You have brought that up every time I have posted about this and as I said before - There is nothing in the Dec 30 Patter (last day or any day). I have the Dec 30 Patter right in front of me and (sorry I'd take a picture but don't know how to post them) and it says:

Smaller Time Plans Available

Purchase 15 minutes for $8.25

or 30 minutes for $12.00!

Check-in for your flight online!

Plaza . Deck 5

It may be something they started after that cruise but nothing was ever mentioned then.

Archived