FYI Gold and Platinum members

Fine and Jim Dandy

Just off the Jewel and we had sparkling wine and a $15 box of chocolates waiting in our room. We have always received a fruit basket with our wine as platinum guests. I asked the onboard cruise consultant about it and he told me this was a fleet-wide change as of a couple weeks ago. People complained about the fruit so chocolates are now being delivered instead. Platinum guests will also continue to receive chocolate covered strawberrys.

This was news to me so I thought I would put the word out.

Just off the Jewel and we had sparkling wine and a $15 box of chocolates waiting in our room. We have always received a fruit basket with our wine as platinum guests. I asked the onboard cruise consultant about it and he told me this was a fleet-wide change as of a couple weeks ago. People complained about the fruit so chocolates are now being delivered instead. Platinum guests will also continue to receive chocolate covered strawberrys.

That explains the box of chocolates. Thanks for the info.

And how did you know the chocolate was $15.00?

LOL, my mama always taught me to be careful and never leave a price tag on!

My mama always taught me that life was like a box of chocolates.

It's not going to help my diet, but I do prefer this to yet more fruit.

Nice treat as we don't find the fruits in the basket to be nearly as fresh as the ones in the buffet.

Oh, what if someone is allergic to chocolate ... just saying :D :rolleyes:

In our case, we will cheerfully take it & bring it home with us, if it "survive" our next sailing uneaten (over the fruit basket/plate anytime.)

NCL seems to be frequently changing their offerings Latitude members - which is a good thing, I suppose, "listening" to feedbacks. Next, I will see if I can track down a NCL ship pin for our 2011 sailing when they supposingly did away with it.

:confused:OK... Just having fun here. So, now it is $14.99. What's next?

I just checked the Godiva web site and the least expensive box of chocolate is $24.00 and that is on sale with 20% off. Makes me wonder... is NCL serving knock off chocolate. :confused:

http://www.godiva.com/subcategory/seasonal-gifts/fall-special-values/id/226.gdv?cm_re=17SEP12-_-LEFTMERCH-_-FALLSALE

:confused:OK... Just having fun here. So, now it is $14.99. What's next?

I just checked the Godiva web site and the least expensive box of chocolate is $24.00 and that is on sale with 20% off. Makes me wonder... is NCL serving knock off chocolate. :confused:

http://www.godiva.com/subcategory/seasonal-gifts/fall-special-values/id/226.gdv?cm_re=17SEP12-_-LEFTMERCH-_-FALLSALE

You didn't look very hard!

http://www.godiva.com/subcategory/chocolate-collections-treats/chocolate-assortments/id/141.gdv

8 pc. Classic Gold Ballotin

NEW

$15.00

also 6 pc. Ultimate Dessert Truffles Gift Box NEW $15.00 and Individually Wrapped Dark Chocolate Truffles NEW $12.00

You didn't look very hard!

http://www.godiva.com/subcategory/chocolate-collections-treats/chocolate-assortments/id/141.gdv

8 pc. Classic Gold Ballotin

NEW

$15.00

also 6 pc. Ultimate Dessert Truffles Gift Box NEW $15.00 and Individually Wrapped Dark Chocolate Truffles NEW $12.00

I stand corrected!

Thanks... so much for some giggles and fun here this morning.

Archived