Upgrade....Upgrade!!!!

weluvcruisin'

Just have to tell about our upgrade...we are only doing a repositioning from Vancouver to LA but received a very nice upgrade.

We had originally booked a FF cabin, which has a window but being that it was only 3 days thought we would be happy with it.

Then got an upgrade to an F, which was more to the middle, also okay...now today we received an upgrade to an A..even though its only 3 days what an extra special vacation it will be.

Sorry to jump in with a question, but if you do get upgraded who actually informs you of that? We are booked for our first ever cruise - on the Volendam - in January (so excited I'm like a kiddie counting down to Christmas). We've booked on a guarantee basis for a verandah suite.I read so much of these upgrades but don't understand when or how they happen.

Congratulations to you on your upgrade - it may be only 3 days, but it will be a sweeter 3 days for the upgrade.

Cheers .. :)

Then got an upgrade to an F' date=' which was more to the middle, also okay...now today we received an upgrade to an A..even though its only 3 days what an extra special vacation it will be.[/quote']

Congratulations on your upgrade. I did a 1 night cruise on the Westerdam. I had a VH guarantee, and then I noticed that the price of my cabin had gone down, but it was already beyond final payment. I called my travel agent and got upgraded to an SS cabin. It was great.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Sorry to jump in with a question, but if you do get upgraded who actually informs you of that? We are booked for our first ever cruise - on the Volendam - in January (so excited I'm like a kiddie counting down to Christmas). We've booked on a guarantee basis for a verandah suite.I read so much of these upgrades but don't understand when or how they happen.

I have been notified by HAL with an e-mail. However, I usually keep checking the HAL website online. I go to online check-in, and check every few days from about 1 month or so before departure to see if my guarantee status has changed to an actual cabin. I often see the cabin number there before I see the e-mail from HAL.

I have been notified by HAL with an e-mail. However' date=' I usually keep checking the HAL website online. I go to online check-in, and check every few days from about 1 month or so before departure to see if my guarantee status has changed to an actual cabin. I often see the cabin number there before I see the e-mail from HAL.[/quote']

Thanks so much for that. I will keep an eye on that once we get closer to the date.

Have a lovely time. :)

Archived