Elite - Dress Code

AMTDGT

Our up coming cruise will be out first as Elite.

As I began the packing this morning, I remembered the afternoon Elite cocktail social. What is the dress code for that event. I'm assuming bathing suits are out, the question really is whether dress shorts are fine.

Thx

Our up coming cruise will be out first as Elite.

As I began the packing this morning, I remembered the afternoon Elite cocktail social. What is the dress code for that event. I'm assuming bathing suits are out, the question really is whether dress shorts are fine.

Thx

All Elite events are smart casual. No shorts, dress included. They willl turn away anyone in shorts. Enjoy all the Elite perks.

The prohibition of capris seems to be a one-off event but the rule against shorts of any sort seems to be equally enforced at all times except possibly on Bermuda itineraries, where i have seen thr entire Bermuda "formal" kit.... Jacket, dress shirt, tie, knee socks. Otherwise, No shorts, beachwear, t-shirts, flip flops.

I was asked to leave and I had on capri's. When I sat down they rose to just below my knee. I already had a drink which I had to leave behind. It was embarrassing.

I wear capris/crops all the time on the ship and have never had a problem, either at the Elite event or in the MDR. I would have had a conversation with the Captain's Club Host/Hostess supervisor. It is not you who should be embarrassed, but the staff member who didn't know the rules.

Both my husband and I were turned away when wearing dress Bermuda shorts on the way to Bermuda. We did not realize that it was not appropriate (my bad!), but when informed, we immediately changed into trousers. (We have Select dining and were not ready for dinner.) Our fault for not reading more closely.:o

Realize there are 'inconsistancies' when it comes to something such as capris but the OP asked about shorts...no go on those. We just wore what we'd wear for Smart Casual. Now we can go into all that, looking at whatever is on the edge of that guideline, but my personal opinion is, if you aren't trying to push the envelope, you wont run into an issue.

...with that said, I never thought the Capri was an issue for Elite social hr.

Den

I wear capris/crops all the time on the ship and have never had a problem, either at the Elite event or in the MDR. I would have had a conversation with the Captain's Club Host/Hostess supervisor. It is not you who should be embarrassed, but the staff member who didn't know the rules.

Add me to the list of having to deal with the inconsistency. The ones I got turned away with were dressier capris that I've worn on other sailings without any problems. Doesn't work when it is the CC Hostess that tells you they are against the rules.

Linda:

Absolutely agree, must have been a mistake, wife wears Capris all the time to the Elite event and also to the dining room on "Smart Casual" evenings.

A little off topic but we are at our Timeshare in Disney for the past two weeks. I saw a man wearing capris, first time I had ever seen that.

Google "men's capris" and you'll see lots of examples -- but they all remind me of beachwear, especially what surfers used to wear -- pushing the "casual envelope" to my eye, MoonDoggy. Cowabunga!

Thanks for the input all.

We are trying to do 28 days on 2 bags, although we are permitted 4 on our air tickets. I guess I better throw in an extra pair of slacks and the DW will do the same. I don't think my Columbia "tear a ways" will pass muster, except in the desert.

Glenn

PS I do have a pair of Tilley peddle pushers (capris) that I am taking and I wear regularly on our boat, as to many other yachting friends. My DW actually picked them out and insists I wear them......no accounting for taste I guess:D

They provide the booze,the food and the room. That makes it their party with Elite's being the guests.

They may provide it, but who paid for it over the years and cruises? LOL

JMHO - either be consistent or .............!!!!

AFAIK there is no similar rule or dress code for the Elite breakfast and the invitation sheet you are given in your stateroom doesn't specify anything regarding dress for the Coffee Break -- I still wouldn't show up in beachwear, but lots of people stop by for a quick bite before shore excursions or heading out for the sun and sand, and are dressed quite casually.

Archived